Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 3.05 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Thread Killer

Yay for the cat!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #741 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carlton View Post
Yay for the cat!
+1.

(Sorta) funny dog story from yesterday. I was driving home from work with my dog (a Weimeraner) sitting upright in the front passenger seat. We came to a stop at a red light and I said (to the dog), "Hey sweetie," and made a couple quick kissy noises. (My dog responds to kissy noises.)

What I didn't fully appreciate, until I then looked over at my dog, was that the passenger side window was down...as was the driver's side window of the car next to us, also stopped for said red light. I saw the driver give a furtive and uncomfortable glance over at us out of the corner of his eye. Whoops.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #742 (permalink)

Kitty only takes so much...then whammy!
Miss Olive is cinnamon rolled next to me right now after her very first camping trip.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #743 (permalink)
Sultan of Sawzall

Send a message via AIM to rouxroux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bob View Post
They need to get this kid a dog....

Won't be the last time P-ussy gets the best of him....
Gruppe B #319
2 '86 911 Carrera coupes (red & white)
'66 Corsa convertible 140/4(red)
'66 Monza coupe 110/PG(white)
'95 993 cabriolet (wife's)
Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #744 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #745 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the heads up on the corn cob thing BAZ. My healer/mix just loves to chew on those!! YIKES!!!

Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #746 (permalink)

G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesride View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the corn cob thing BAZ. My healer/mix just loves to chew on those!! YIKES!!!

No worries Mike!

He's a good looking bloke and obviously has good taste in beer!

What's his name if you don't mind me askin'?
Old 02-24-2013, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #747 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
So last night I attended a dinner party for my mother who just turned 90. This was at the local yacht club, complete with filet dinner, etc. I sat between Mom and good friend of her's whom I had never met before but knew from conversations with Mom. At the end of dinner she had some of her's left over and asked me if she gave it to me would I feed it to my girls? I said "Of course - they would LOVE that filet, etc.!" She then said "This food is too good for a dog." Wrong thing to say. I was polite but explained (in Reader's Digest version) that dogs are as worthy (or more) of consideration of all things good as humans.

Ultimately she gave me the filet - but first she had the waiter put just the filet by itself in the takeout box. I quickly motioned to the waiter to scrape the potatoes and green beans in with the filet (children in China are starving after all!) so that is what I brought home to my girls.

My fur children:

Warm it up a bit in the microwave.......

GONE in 30 seconds!

We had about 23 people there mostly family to honor Mom. She really enjoyed herself. She's still driving and living independently with a fairly clear mind.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #748 (permalink)

Garage
LOL!!! I love that you warmed it up for them BAZ!!!! Rock on!!!
My little Healer is a female, Maggie going on 9 years old now, very fit and very alert.....unlike a certian Beagle in my household!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #749 (permalink)

At our local JV college they have a 4H club. Cole got to watch sheep on his walk yesterday. I really wish I could let him into the pen.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #750 (permalink)
Virginia Rocks!

My neighbor is a puppy snob. They just got a new golden retriever puppy and are taking it to training. Same training that I took my dog to. She's giving off this vibe of "since we got a puppy, we can train him to do anything...you never know with a rescue dog." Kinda ticked me off.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #751 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bob View Post
They need to get this kid a dog....

wonder why the kid smacked the cat. That and I hope that the cat has been declawed
Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #752 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSteve View Post
My neighbor is a puppy snob. They just got a new golden retriever puppy and are taking it to training. Same training that I took my dog to. She's giving off this vibe of "since we got a puppy, we can train him to do anything...you never know with a rescue dog." Kinda ticked me off.
Hey Steve.....my response to her is 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.....

Old 02-24-2013, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #753 (permalink)
Virginia Rocks!

There's a little more to the story, but I don't want to get into it. You don't train the dog, you train the person.

I don't really trust my kids or any dog to be face to face.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #754 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bremner View Post
I hope that the cat has been declawed
Why????? If it wasn't he learned a valuable lesson. If it is he didn't learn a thing.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #755 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSteve View Post
There's a little more to the story, but I don't want to get into it. You don't train the dog, you train the person.

I don't really trust my kids or any dog to be face to face.
And some humans are not trainable.

Poor dog is just an innocent bystander.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #756 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
New book release Feb. 2013.
The GENIUS of DOGS - How dogs are smarter than you think

I've only been reading parts of it and its fascinating. Covers a wide range from social, relationship, how they communicate, etc.. No stuffy read and has an entertaining flow to it.

Woof, woof.
“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #757 (permalink)
Still Doin Time

That kid above doesn't need any pets, he needs a time-out duct taped to a tree until more rational thoughts occurr to him. The cat was just protecting itself. This is where kids (should) learn early respect for all things living, even if they do otherwise.
'77 Sportster Pro-Street Drag Bike w/93ci - Sold to collector
'72 Yamaha CS5 200 Twin - Sold to fellow Pelicanite
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #758 (permalink)

The PARENTS need to dealt with. Thats a baby, you really think he understands his actions/ I love pets, dog person, but got to keep them in perspective.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #759 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instrument 41 View Post
The PARENTS need to dealt with. Thats a baby, you really think he understands his actions/ I love pets, dog person, but got to keep them in perspective.
I agree - the adults (parents) are the culprits here.

They always are....sigh......

I got home a little while ago and my neighbor's new puppy is sitting in the middle of the road - no leash - just watching me as I unhitch my trailer. I hear her (the female human in 'charge') voice - sounds like she's on the phone. Sure enough a few minutes later an SUV rolls by and thankfully stops while the puppy starts to move to the side a little. But the SUV ( an Expedition actually) can't see where the puppy went so he's inching ahead and looking outwards looking for any signs of the dog - finally the female human comes over WHILE STILL TALKING ON HER CELL PHONE and tries to shoo her puppy away from the road. True story!

Some humans should not have kids - fur or the 2-legged variety for that matter!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #760 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: