Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
A Wrench

Cancer Sucks balls Need votes for a baby girl.

Need a favor from the Porsche community. Today is the last day of voting for this and I'm trying to get the word out even more. The lady in 2nd complained to Remax saying our side was somehow cheating, got a spot on TV and has now caught up to us. Need the help.

My wifes best friend's granddaughter Sophie May was diagnosed with neuroblastoma a bit over a month ago. The tumor is right at her spine and is the size of a baseball. So far she's on her 2nd go around on chemo at Childrens Medical Center Dallas and things look better than they did 2 weeks ago. Her's is not genetic but one of those things that happen. I don't pretend to know or understand how this all happens but I've been asked by the family to spread the word.

This thread is not to ask for donations but for prayers and a vote.

Clicking here and voting for Sophie May, who is currently in the lead, will help the family with the huge medical bills if they win. The winner gets $10k from Remax.

Sweet Sophie May | RE/MAX

For you all on Facebook, check here to see regular updates

Support for Sophie May | Facebook

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SeanR; 08-01-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Done
2001 Jetta TDI dead
1982 Chevette Diesel SOLD
Old 08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
voted
Old 08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Another vote!

"He's got one foot in the frying pan and one in the pressure cooker. Believe me, as a bowler, I know that right about now, your bladder feels like an overstuffed vacuum cleaner bag and your butt is kinda like an about-to-explode bratwurst." - Ernie McCracken
Old 08-01-2012, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
me too.

the system was mega slow too..but my vote got in.

cancer needs to go away!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

voted 2x
"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us." Charles Bukowski
Old 08-01-2012, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

A Wrench

Crap, looks like the site has crashed. Great timing.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Tried a few times my self with no success, although I wil try again later. Sophie is in my thoughts and prayers.

Mike
Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

yep, site down.

I did attempt. I will try again.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Voted, site must be back up.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
A Wrench

It's back up now.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
I see you

Voted. Just shout if a hat gets passed around.

“There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence.”
Old 08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt f View Post
voted 2x
+2
Old 08-01-2012, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Vote in. What a cute little girl! Good luck to her and all the other children too. This is not a competition you want to be in in the first place.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
A Wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine911S View Post
Vote in. What a cute little girl! Good luck to her and all the other children too. This is not a competition you want to be in in the first place.

Agreed. Odd bit about all of this. The father (Nathan) has a best friend who's daughter was diagnosed with this a few months before Sophie was. What are the chances of two kids, who's parents know each other so well, both getting neuroblastoma? Pretty low. Her Chemo has gone very well but it was found out hers was genitic while Sophies was not.

Really odd, but here are the two of them hanging out at the Dr's office.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
A Wrench

Thanks everyone.

Today when I started to post these in other forums the votes for Sophie were still 250 above the 2nd place person. The votes increased by 400 or so over the course of the afternoon and evening and our lead varied from 300-350 until about an hour ago. Something happened where Sophie lost almost 500 votes and the 2nd place lady did not lose anything.

The grandmother got a phone call from Re/max stating that they were dismissing all votes that came from the same IP, or close to the same IP as they considered this cheating. Ok, no problem, but anyone knows that if you are in a office or hospital setting, all of those IPs are going to be close or the same.

Sophie got screwed tonight and I will not forgive Re/Max for it. This voting has been going on for a few weeks now so it's not a quick, one night thing.

Thanks for your help and boosting her votes up. I know I and the family appreciate the support.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Done, slow site though..
Old 08-01-2012, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
A Wrench

Site is very slow, like rennlist no a good day Still taking votes though.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
A Wrench

It's still working, still slow.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
A Wrench

Within 100 votes now.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: