Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 2.92 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
závodník 'X'

Garage
^^^ have to love it that nobody wants them and can be left outside a bar, unlocked

Reminds me of what I call my 'community' bikes. Used as guest loaners, the kids, neighbors are always welcome to them. I usually keep four or five, others are donated or gifted. This one has been left out all summer, unlocked. Found it a decade ago abandoned next to someone's trash can. Knocked on the door and asked if it was getting tossed. Indeed it was. Some weird low end Trek, made in US with twin sloping top tubes. Put air in the tires and lubed the chain. Good enough.

bad pics and just zoomed and cropped out

“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 10-01-2014, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2741 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Founder of Budnitz bike launches with a few others anti-facebook Ello site.
Interview: Ello CEO Wants to Be the Anti-Facebook - Businessweek

“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 10-01-2014, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2742 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911

Various VWs
Old 10-01-2014, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2743 (permalink)

Garage
Macaskill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_IQS3VKjA#t=390
Old 10-02-2014, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2744 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
ELF bike car -

The elf may not be as fast as a car, but for many people in urban environments and other areas, it is still quicker than walking and about the same as riding in a bicycle. It can go thirty miles per hour when bike power is added to electric power, or it can go 20mph on electric power alone, for when you want to rest your legs awhile and enjoy the sense of your own self-satisfaction, which only costs $5,000.

Alleged LeCar Influence

Some in the media have noted the influence of the French LeCar, which was a briefly popular vehicle in the late 1970s and early 1980s, similar to the Yugo, and sold by Renault. The car was very small, and designed to sell during a gas crisis that saw long lines at gasoline pumps during the Carter administration. The size is definitely similar, but the price tag appears to be much smaller. The ELF, however, only weighs 140 pounds and is made in America, so the factory workers probably spend more than 2 hours a day putting one together.

Organic Transit, the manufacturer of the ELF bicycle, says they are making about one vehicle per day and are working on streamlining the production of the Green vehicle designed to cut carbon emissions and usher in a new era of environmentally friendly living. Unfortunately, local and city governments have not caught up with the design, so it is not allowed on many places where bicycles, pedestrians, and other vehicles are allowed. Popular demand, however, is sure to make these smart bikes into an exception to rules that would otherwise thwart the vehicle's acceptance.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2745 (permalink)

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 10-02-2014, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2746 (permalink)

závodník 'X'

Garage
^^^ Byron - lol
is that for a Halloween party arriving as Laurel and Hardy?

Here's what happens when you can't get BMX out of your veins:

Old 10-02-2014, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2747 (permalink)

88 Miele hooked up with late nineties campy group and wheelset. Lovely ride, and nineties vintage!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2748 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intakexhaust View Post
^^^ have to love it that nobody wants them and can be left outside a bar, unlocked

Reminds me of what I call my 'community' bikes. Used as guest loaners, the kids, neighbors are always welcome to them. I usually keep four or five, others are donated or gifted. This one has been left out all summer, unlocked. Found it a decade ago abandoned next to someone's trash can. Knocked on the door and asked if it was getting tossed. Indeed it was. Some weird low end Trek, made in US with twin sloping top tubes. Put air in the tires and lubed the chain. Good enough.

bad pics and just zoomed and cropped out

I built many of those BITD, many.
Actually, not an area with much theft either.

20+ year PCA member

Active Rennlist Member.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2749 (permalink)

20+ year PCA member

Active Rennlist Member.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2750 (permalink)

20+ year PCA member

Active Rennlist Member.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2751 (permalink)

Garage
Old 10-03-2014, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2752 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
vid crash... banned?... oops

Awesome Trial Bike demo by Danny Macaskill in...

Last edited by intakexhaust; 10-03-2014 at 03:28 PM..
Old 10-03-2014, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2753 (permalink)

Garage
Dang that 50th Campy stuff is beautiful. I was in my teens when it came out and I lusted for it. I still have my standard Campy hubs from my first bike- Nouvo Record I think.

I was getting all excited when the 75th anniversary came up and basically nothing, some wheels and a book I think.

I did win a 50th down tube shifter on eBay, so I have a little piece, really want the rear derailleur.

1977 911S Targa Chocolate Brown
Old 10-03-2014, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2754 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Fort Knox bike club

Ciocc full Gucci 24k
BICYCLE CIOCC SAN CRISTOBAL + CAMPAGNOLO 50TH + CINELLI GOLD | JPEGbay.com

on fleabay
Bicycle Ciocc San Cristobal Campagnolo 50th Cinelli Golden ´ Gold 24 Karats | eBay
Old 10-03-2014, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2755 (permalink)
Bye, Bye.

Okay, so I think this one is done. Here is the full rig (it's a little custom):

* Cannondale Hooligan frame/fork
* Sram Force Groupset (shifters, derailleurs, cranks, bottom bracket; excluding brakes)
* Avid BB7 Road SL disc brakes
* 3T Ergonova Team Stealth bars
* Lizard Skin bar tape
* Thomson Elite X4 Stem
* Thompson Elite seat post
* Fizik Kurve seat
* Fizik tool bag
* Cannondale wheels (for now)
* Schwalbe Kojak 20x1.35 tires
* Speedplay Frog pedals
* Jagwire Road Pro cables
* Cane Creek Headset (for now)
* Garmin Edge 500 computer
* Planet Bike fenders (yes, this is a year-round rider)
* NiteRider lumina 650 front light
* NiteRider Solas tail light

...and a pic of the front fender installation. Aluminum tube (weight ~1 oz); fender is rock solid. Not sure if it looks goofy or not.

Last edited by Scooter; 10-11-2014 at 11:04 AM..
Old 10-03-2014, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2756 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Nice! No, the fender looks fine.... It would look silly if it was up at the top of the crown motocross style.

Is that the same place we had pizza before STP?

Is this the bike you're gonna ride next year at STP?
Old 10-03-2014, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2757 (permalink)
Bye, Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herr_oberst View Post
Nice! No, the fender looks fine.... It would look silly if it was up at the top of the crown motocross style.

Thanks for the input on the fender. I considered an aluminum cross brace attached to the forks using hose clamps, but I thought this was a cleaner install.

Different pizza place...Zeeks on Queen Anne.

Yes, I believe this will be my STP ride for 2015.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2758 (permalink)

Garage
That is really nice! Wicked and unique.

How / what is the gearing? With 20" tires, you must need some really high ratios, but the chainrings don't look unusually big, do you have a 8 tooth cog or similar?

Quote:

Quote de herr_oberst

Thanks for the input on the fender. I considered an aluminum cross brace attached to the forks using hose clamps, but I thought this was a cleaner install.

Different pizza place...Zeeks on Queen Anne.

Yes, I believe this will be my STP ride for 2015.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2759 (permalink)

Now, that's a really cool bike. I love to show up with it on my saturday club ride with a single 54T ring, drop the stem, and motor off the front for a bit.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2760 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: