Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 2.92 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Good news bad news.....

Got me some NOS Campy wasser bots und cages.....weeeeeeee!!!

Bad news....Campy whore that I is.....I found a conversion seat tube clamp holding my braze on Campy front derailleur, labeled......shudder......"Shimano".....NNNNNNnnnooooooooooooooooo
Old 04-11-2013, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #821 (permalink)

Garage
OMG you best flagellate yourself to bloody unconsciousness while chanting "no Shimano between my legs, EVER! [strike blow]". I can't believe I sent my Campy brifter to live on a bike with a S_____ adapter, the shame.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #822 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyl View Post
Beautiful bike.

Yups....nice frame. Surprised to see a knock off Sachs groupo on it. Sachs made gear sets and chains.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyl View Post
OMG you best flagellate yourself to bloody unconsciousness while chanting "no Shimano between my legs, EVER! [strike blow]". I can't believe I sent my Campy brifter to live on a bike with a S_____ adapter, the shame.
Yupz....the whips and chains gal just left.....I am now medicating myself.....prolly just grind the logo off and fuggetaboutit.....

BTW, the adapter is on the CF LeMond....yer stuff went on the steel SOMEC......so, you ARE NOT THE FATHER.....
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #823 (permalink)

Garage
Oh thank goodness, I was going to have to castrate myself.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #824 (permalink)

Garage
[/QUOTE]

nice venge. i once wanted an s works sl4.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #825 (permalink)

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 04-11-2013, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #826 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to will944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLP View Post
New Speedplay Ti Zero's, Dura Ace 9000 11sp gruppo, and Zipp Firecrest 404 carbon clinchers installed! (And my wife's Trek Madone 6.9 Project One in the background)

woah....mechanical shifters!!

87 951
C3 Stingray
Old 04-12-2013, 03:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #827 (permalink)

Sachs stuff was actually made by Campy, not a knockoff.
2000 K1200rs (gone, due to above)
Old 04-12-2013, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #828 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Old 04-12-2013, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #829 (permalink)
(the shotguns)

Far more humble than anything in this thread but I just now picked up a CAAD 8 w tiagra for $400 from Craigslist. Dropped it at the shop for a tune up and hopefully will be riding it tomorrow.
Well i had #6 adjusted perfectly but then just before i tightened it a butterfly in Zimbabwe farted and now i have to start all over again!
I believe we all make mistakes but I will not validate your poor choices and/or perversions and subsidize the results your actions.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #830 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
cleaning an old hard drive and found some pics of my old bike junk... like cleaning the shop and old memories

I found this one in a dumpster at a state park... along with a raccoon!

World's smallest Colnago - steel and full operating drive, brakes, steering. Approx. 6 inches.

There was a day when nobody wanted this stuff. Upgrade dual controls were the range.

“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 04-13-2013, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #831 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
1980's and early 90's era wheel builds. Sample - sew-ups, ti-spokes (gotta have the ti-dye look too), carbon Fiber-flite spokes, another set of Nuke Proofs. Built a few sets and some with straight pulls. Also used to get Russian made Ti gear sets and cassette. Light and lasted well but recall troubling rough shifting... no decent ramp on the sprockets.

“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 04-13-2013, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #832 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Q for you experts. Noticing these low cost Colnago / Ferrari off-road completes selling with drastic discounts. Full suspension I forget the groupo but whatever and priced for only $750 NEW. Are these some flooded market, past years, labled up taiwanese made? Not really interested in riding with Ferrari all over it but thinking to just wrap and cover with duct tape LOL. I have no specs or geometry to review and haven't found any ride reports.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #833 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intakexhaust View Post
Q for you experts. Noticing these low cost Colnago / Ferrari off-road completes selling with drastic discounts. Full suspension I forget the groupo but whatever and priced for only $750 NEW. Are these some flooded market, past years, labled up taiwanese made? Not really interested in riding with Ferrari all over it but thinking to just wrap and cover with duct tape LOL. I have no specs or geometry to review and haven't found any ride reports.
I wouldn't buy the dualie. I actually bought the hardtail to get the frame shifters and brakes and upgraded wheels, bar, stem and fork. Got a nice ride for the price.

They're made in Mexico - the only thing Colnago about them is the design. Instead of the dualie, I'd look at the BikeS Direct Fantom line.
2000 K1200rs (gone, due to above)
Old 04-14-2013, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #834 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by intakexhaust View Post
Do you have a link to the 750 version? I only see resellers trying for twice that.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #835 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by herr_oberst View Post
Do you have a link to the 750 version? I only see resellers trying for twice that.
I've been spotting them new on C.L. in a few cities- Atlanta, Chicago, etc.. Also popping up on flea-bay.

Here's a package deal for $999 in LA. A new 26" large CX60 and includes a girls CX31 pinky Ferrari. Probably could ask the seller to pull the barbie bike and drop a few dollars. Weird but I guess there's a pile of these bikes.
Ferrari CX 60 26 inch Size L Mtn Bike and Ferrari CX 31 20 inch Girls' Bike | eBay
Old 04-14-2013, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #836 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Does Garmin make a GPS that can be read in direct light on a bike and is useable for a vehicle?

Features I would like.....long lasting battery, easy switch from bike to vehicle, wireless cadence and speed, bike/vehicle mode for directions......any else is gravy.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #837 (permalink)
Low Speed, High Drag

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bob View Post
Does Garmin make a GPS that can be read in direct light on a bike and is useable for a vehicle?

Features I would like.....long lasting battery, easy switch from bike to vehicle, wireless cadence and speed, bike/vehicle mode for directions......any else is gravy.
Check out the Edge 800 or 810. The 500 series doesn't have map features.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #838 (permalink)

Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Thanks....see a lot on the used market. Most comment that they have switched to the 800. What makes the 800 so much better?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #839 (permalink)
Low Speed, High Drag

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bob View Post
Thanks....see a lot on the used market. Most comment that they have switched to the 800. What makes the 800 so much better?
800 vs 500: 800 has maps/directions and better display that can show more parameters.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #840 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: