Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 2.92 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Old 02-21-2014, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1861 (permalink)

Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 02-22-2014, 03:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1862 (permalink)

Garage
Is that last one Farrah? Kind of looks like.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1863 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyl View Post
Is that last one Farrah? Kind of looks like.
It must be from a playboy shoot; there's a bunny in the reflector.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1864 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 02-22-2014, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1865 (permalink)

Garage
Old 02-22-2014, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1866 (permalink)

Garage
Blue bike is a Motobecane Nomade. White bike is a Peugeot UO-8. Fine rides, sturdy but responsive. I know you all care.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1867 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
recognize her?
“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 02-24-2014, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1868 (permalink)
Model Citizen

The Twigster!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1869 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Whats the bike she's on? Detailed lugs, chromed stays and fork, high flange hubs, qr's, Weinmann brakes, hard to tell but the crank looks higher quality. No tape on the upper portion of the bars.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1870 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Hard to say what she's on.

It's not set up very well, imho, steel hoops, brake levers are a mile from her tiny hands, front QR on the wrong side, and at a funky angle.

I'm staring at the head badge but it's not coming to me.....
Old 02-24-2014, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1871 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Bianchi?
Old 02-24-2014, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1872 (permalink)

Old 02-24-2014, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1873 (permalink)

Here is my bike that is for sale. I could ship it for around $125 I think. http://nashville.craigslist.org/bik/4346421951.html
Old 02-24-2014, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1874 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post

Did you take those photos? Oh man, I wanted those Gitanes. Now, I want those campy tools.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1875 (permalink)

My weekend pavement pounder:
Old 03-02-2014, 03:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1876 (permalink)
I see you

I can barely wait to get out on mine again. Man this winter seems long!

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 03-02-2014, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1877 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
^^ same here and making me think more about those super fat tire bikes for the Winter. Seeing more of them of late. Met three who had high zoot fat bikes. All raved about them.

Regardless, its been a beautiful season for all type of skiing and I'll gladly take advantage of it. The x-country skiing is the best I've seen in years.

Other: By chance, anyone have a 1980's - 90 period road seat post - diameter 26.8 mm? Building up another steel bike with mid to upper grade parts. It has a Cinelli stem and bar so probably would like a seat post similar quality to match.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1878 (permalink)

look171 - not my pics. I love that he's blasting those bikes clean with a pressure washer though I'd kill for that tool kit.

I'm building up an '85 Gitane Professionnel with a Super Record gruppo.

I found some cool pantographed 'Team LeMond' Super Record chainrings for it:
Old 03-02-2014, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1879 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intakexhaust View Post
^^ same here and making me think more about those super fat tire bikes for the Winter. Seeing more of them of late. Met three who had high zoot fat bikes. All raved about them.

Regardless, its been a beautiful season for all type of skiing and I'll gladly take advantage of it. The x-country skiing is the best I've seen in years.
Same here. While I can't wait to get back on the bike, the XC skiing has been spectacular. I've been out 3-5 days per week all winter!

You ever pick up a fat bike? Holy crap - they've got to weigh 50-75 pounds
Old 03-02-2014, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1880 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: