Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 2.92 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Low Speed, High Drag

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche4life View Post
I just moved to Gilbert. Can you recommend some trails for me to get started on? I've been out of the saddle for several years now. I've got a trek Hardtail 29er.

Thanks!
You aren't that far from Usery, I'd probably start there. McDowell Mountain Park and South Mountain are good too.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1901 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Calling Team Byron....................
1995 Elf Pro Double-Cross Complete!! RARE!! Hard to find!!! Needs TLC!
“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 03-05-2014, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1902 (permalink)

Garage
This has been hanging up in a good friends shop for as long as I can remember... now for sale.

I've touched it LOL!

Vintage Colnago C35 Decor Road Bike 56 cm Gold Campagnolo RARE Collector | eBay

1975 Carrera Coupe #391
1980 924 11k orig miles
1974 914 2.0 LE Creamsicle
1979 Dodge Lil Red Express
2015 Wrangler Unlimited, and a bunch of bicycles.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1903 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
That is flat out gorgeous.....
Old 03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1904 (permalink)

I remember those Colnagos ads. That's one ugly bike, sorry Mike. Al show and no go. They were never raced. Now, the C40 is a total different animal and won races all over the world by some very famous riders.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1905 (permalink)

Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1906 (permalink)

závodník 'X'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeferg75 View Post
This has been hanging up in a good friends shop for as long as I can remember... now for sale.

I've touched it LOL!

Its been said they are wall hangers meaning if you're not up to the ability, don't embarrass yourself by riding it.

BTW: the ProsCloset post is funny - $22,500, Mint condition, rear tire does not hold air (and pic shows it deflated)!

Have to admit, I sort of like to look at early 'poodle' bikes. Steel bikes with over done chrome curly lugs, panto this and that, gold Campy, bling wheels and colored rubber. Rolling art and nothing more. Likely a kid on an old Huffy could outride an owner of one but never out show it.
“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler

Last edited by intakexhaust; 03-06-2014 at 07:49 AM..
Old 03-06-2014, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1907 (permalink)

Have to admit, I sort of like to look at early 'poodle' bikes. Steel bikes with over done chrome curly lugs, panto this and that, gold Campy, bling wheels and colored rubber. Rolling art and nothing more. Likely a kid on an old Huffy could outride an owner of one but never out show it.

I have a Tommasini with exotic curly lug work.
Bring on the kid with the old Huffy.
: )
Old 03-06-2014, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1908 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by creaturecat View Post

I have a Tommasini with exotic curly lug work.
Bring on the kid with the old Huffy.
: )
LOL.... Tommasini w/ exotic lugs, OK, automatic win but watch out for this guy

Old 03-06-2014, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1909 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
going, chance to get Pee Wee's ride.... bids are over $25k Hokie dokie
Pee Wee Herman Bike Beach Crusier Paul Ruebens Autograph | eBay
Old 03-06-2014, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1910 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
I could get the big boobed blonde bike mechanic for cheaper......softer ride....
Old 03-06-2014, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1911 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
^^^ha - she's on her way!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1912 (permalink)

Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Bzzzzt, wrong.....

Here's "Dottie" all growed up......

Old 03-06-2014, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1913 (permalink)
abides.

Garage
Was that the one hanging in Vecchio's? I remember seeing it 10 or 15 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeferg75 View Post

I've touched it LOL!

Old 03-06-2014, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1914 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, hanging at Vecchio's
1975 Carrera Coupe #391
1980 924 11k orig miles
1974 914 2.0 LE Creamsicle
1979 Dodge Lil Red Express
2015 Wrangler Unlimited, and a bunch of bicycles.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1915 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Sprinter Carl Lewis infomercial endorsed - circa early 1990's
Old 03-10-2014, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1916 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intakexhaust View Post
LOL.... Tommasini w/ exotic lugs, OK, automatic win but watch out for this guy

Andy Hampsten is on a Huffy, but he isn't a kid. that's for sure.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1917 (permalink)

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 03-10-2014, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1918 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
RE: 'Team LeMond' components

Found this Cinelli 1R stem on fleaBay. Also from around 84-85. Anybody know anything about these components?

What do you need to know? I have not heard any bad thing about the 1R stem. One of the guys, a trackie, mention slippage with it, but he was 6"4, 200 lbs. He broke everything including our legs on the flats. I had one on my old Gios but got it scratched up pretty good in a crash so out it went and had TTTs for many years after that. I ride new TTT stems today. There is no need to talk about the Campy Stupid Record is there? They simply are indestructible, not to mention they are the prettiest cranks ever made. Including today's ugly but super light units. People broke the Super Record Ti BBs. I remember seeing a picture of Laurent Figon, "The Professor", sitting on the side of the road holding his Johnson due to the broken Ti BB. I heard people talking about it breaking on them in our club, but never seem it happened personally. The steel ones are super strong that I know for sure.

jeff
Old 03-10-2014, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1919 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerbvd View Post
Bryon, is that you playing on those big humps? I must ask because of the checkered Vans?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1920 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: