Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
do you use Skype? my FIL is getting a random call all the time. he is going to pony up the $5 to block that number.

still no idea how they got your number? from what my FIL says. it will not stop. ever.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
He called again about an hour ago, his name is Bob Macentouch. This time I answered.
I told him I went down to the Walmart, but didn't have enough money for the 'green dot' card.
He asked if I understood him when he gave me the amount required for the registration card.
I told him 'Yes, but I ended up buying a new TV instead. They have really good deals at that Walmart place'.
Then I thanked him.
He didn't seem very happy.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash View Post
do you use Skype? my FIL is getting a random call all the time. he is going to pony up the $5 to block that number.

still no idea how they got your number? from what my FIL says. it will not stop. ever.
That won't work. If you check the link they use multiple #s and the one I was called from isn't even on that list.
Tell your FIL to get caller ID instead and unless he feels like messing with a Jamaican scammer, don't answer #s from that area code.

Caller ID is a good thing to have anyways. Especially if he is older and wants a record of his phone calls.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
17 years and 17k posts...

Garage
Hey, idiots fall for this type of thing every day! My aunt (certified looney tune) had a "fake Antivirus" program on her PC. She called their number and they told her they were "Dell" and for $400 they would fix her PC. She paid them the $! This is the 2nd time she has fallen for this crap. I talked to her until I was blue in the face and she insists that it was legit. What do I know, I'm only an antivirus security and controls engineer at Ford...?
www.ford.com
Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDY P View Post
Hate to bust your bubble but that's a scam son. Don't be so gullible.

rjp
Randy,

He is called "dipso" for a very good reason... will leave it at that...
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
When he calls again, I am going to give him my Grandpa Joeaksa's number. I'll tell them " Heck, he is probably at Walgreens or Walmart right now"

Old 01-03-2013, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: