Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
RIP Keith Ratliff AKA FPS Russia

Don't know if his has been posted but I enjoyed watching his videos

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/us/keith-ratliff-gun-enthusiast-of-fpsrussia-is-shot-to-death.html?_r=0

Mr. Ratliff’s passion for firearms made him something of a celebrity on the Internet, where he helped make scores of videos about high-powered and exotic guns and explosives. His YouTube channel, called FPSRussia, became the site’s ninth largest, with nearly 3.5 million subscribers and more than 500 million views.

But last week, the authorities said, Mr. Ratliff, 32, ended up on the wrong end of a gun. The police in northeast Georgia found him dead at his office on Jan. 3, shot once in the head. He was surrounded by several guns, but not the one that killed him. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is treating it as a homicide.

2015 Audi S3
1988 Carrera Coupe (gone and miss her)
Old 01-11-2013, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

It's not the guy in front of the camera, but his agent
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
King Broinyo

Damn. He was entertaining..
Old 01-11-2013, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Band.

Send a message via AIM to Gogar
It's not the guy in the videos.
1973 Honda CB350F
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I thought that the youtube videos were by the guy in the video- but it seems they were produced by this guy, and the actor in the videos is someone else, not the one shot...

Kinda misleading- they don't mention very clearly that the guy in the videos in named Kyle, and this Keith guy is just a producer. Why? Because that's not as good as a story. So they leave it a bit ambiguous on purpose.

If they were writing a news story in a proper way, reporting facts clearly, and not going for page hits- the first paragraph would mention that the guy *produced* the FPSRussia videos starring Kyle, the guy most people know as "FPSRussia". But no... no.. that's not how modern media works anymore.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to slodave
It was pretty clear to me on who is who.

Quote:
Mr. Ratliff’s videos, which starred a friend, Kyle Myers, are popular for their homegrown brand of zaniness — three minutes of Mr. Myers’s casual banter as he rakes targets or blows things up with extreme displays of firepower. Most are made outdoors, where Mr. Myers fires at targets like hay bales or photographs of Justin Bieber, while explaining the merits of various weapons. The videos always end the same way: with a boom.

'84 Targa - Arena Red - AX #104
'07 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Yes, I'm that guy...
'01 Toyota Corolla - Urban Camouflage - SOLD
Old 01-11-2013, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodave View Post
It was pretty clear to me on who is who.
Yea, I got quickly it when I got to that part.. that is 7 paragraphs down.

So for the first six paragraphs I was thinking 's*** that dude from the videos is dead?!'

And that is exactly what they were going for when it was written I suspect.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I just watched the video with the morter fail today.....damn lucky it wasn't a live round as it only launched about 5 feet.

Too bad about his agent, I hope that doesn't stop him making new videos.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
That guy, the one that's not dead, I heard he's not really Russian.
1991 M5 - Gone
1993 RS America - Gone
Old 01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

the character is russian. the actor is not
Old 01-11-2013, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ZAMIRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG Allin View Post
That guy, the one that's not dead, I heard he's not really Russian.
LOL, somebody give this guy a cookie.

PM me to add your RUF to the RUF Registry

www.rufregistry.com
Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Dave_D View Post
Mr. Ratliff’s passion for firearms made him something of a celebrity on the Internet, where he helped make scores of videos about high-powered and exotic guns and explosives. His YouTube channel, called FPSRussia, became the site’s ninth largest, with nearly 3.5 million subscribers and more than 500 million views.
I had no idea that was in the top 10. Then again, I just checked and I don't watch any of the top 10.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: