Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

This cop should lose his job.

Woman alleges cop hurled her into cell, shattering bones - CNN.com Video

Graphic video of police officer literally hurling a woman face first into a concrete bench. He must have been having a bad day.

Also a heads up.....If you use Chrome as a browser and download the free ad blocker you can watch all those videos that start with ads, without having to watch the ads.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis in se pa View Post
Also a heads up.....If you use Chrome as a browser and download the free ad blocker you can watch all those videos that start with ads, without having to watch the ads.
Or FireFox with AdBlock Edge (AdBlock Plus sold out and now lets advertisers pay to slip ads through)

Towards the end of the video, there's footage of another incident where 8+ cops jump a 20 year-old kid.
Various VWs
Old 10-14-2013, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

No excuse for that, the cop should also be arrested.
Just think if there were no cameras to record this behavior.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
There used to never be cameras and they got away with it for hundreds of years.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

and now they get away with it ..
in front of cameras...

he's one of few..
the few we see & hear about all the time..

Rika
Old 10-14-2013, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

The behavior dishonors the badge and the authority that comes with it.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Eva

Garage
The blood was POURING out of her face...

The cop deserves copious dick punches and badge removal.

"The car has been the cave wall on which Industrial Man has painted his longings and desires." -Eddie Alterman-
Old 10-14-2013, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Weseeeee911

Garage
I agree he should lose his job, however it shouldn't stop there. He deserves to be charged with battery or what ever crime fits that action.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

WOW
What a ass ! (cop)

For those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
i'm just a cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911SauCy View Post
The blood was POURING out of her face...

The cop deserves copious dick punches and badge removal.

what he deserves is badge removal and insertion, like on the end of a plunger handle.
perfect example of a bully with a badge. disgraceful.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

This cop should lose his job and be sued by the victim. It was not the police dept that did this, but him! Garnish his wages forever. I'm Irish and have a temper, but I have way too much respect for others than to ever do them physical harm except in self defense. This is a symptom of the madness that occurs when people choose to/are forced to live in a congested environment.

Last edited by dennis in se pa; 10-14-2013 at 05:15 PM..
Old 10-14-2013, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan88911 View Post
No excuse for that, the cop should also be arrested.
Just think if there were no cameras to record this behavior.
The scary thing is, most departments probably don't have cameras. On top of that, there had to be a specific set of circumstances that prevented this footage from getting "accidentally" erased.
Various VWs
Old 10-14-2013, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

závodník 'X'

Garage
For the most part, Skokie is a part of Chicago... police brutality comes with the territory.

POS decorated Army veteran, former detective - commander John Burge says it all. Oh yeah, internal affairs ride the fine line too.

Jon Burge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and this from the other day in the news Torture commission gets beaten down - Chicago Sun-Times
“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Any cops present that didn't report it should lose their job, all benefits, and do jail time.

He should lose his job and all benefits, then she should get three wacks with a baseball bat, then if he's still breathing he should go to gen pop.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

He is the Pig.
Where is the out cry anymore?
At least yesterdays Hippies would have demonstrated on the lawn.
Todays generation is so apathetic !!
That pig has NO excuse.
NONE
If he can not handle the stress he needs to go do something else.
I dont care if she kicked him in the balls.
When one signs on for that job, crap comes with it.
No one is making him.
Bad cop, very very bad
Like said, all are guilty if they turned their heads .
That might wise them up !

Old 10-15-2013, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Never banned

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Damn... Horrible.

That cop is in the wrong job to say the least... I hope they do something about this.
People have been dragged into court for a lot less than that.

Cops are trained to know about and practice "duty of care". There was non of that in that video.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Anyone recall the off duty Chicago cop beating a woman bartender? The court case dragged on forever!

“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 10-15-2013, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

I've been saying this for years - the modern day proliferation of video recording devices has finally lifted the veil from these thugs. It's about time. I've also mentioned here before that when I was young, I used to hunt with a group that was predominantly comprised of cops. They only allowed friends and family into their camp. When the beer and booze started flowing around the campfire in the evenings, they would sit around and tell stories about stuff like this, laughing their asses off.

So why aren't cops held personally liable for their misconduct? Everyone else is, from doctors and nurses, to lawyers, bankers, even engineers - virtually every other profession is held accountable for professional misconduct or malfeasance. Why not police officers? Why should their cities and towns be held responsible when they are caught clearly behaving outside of the rules and guidelines for their profession?

We keep hearing (mainly from cops themselves) how they are "held to a higher standard". I have yet to see it. Their profession is certainly no more "noble" than, say, a doctor's - yet we will destroy a doctor's career for one (sometimes entirely honest) mistake. Yet we let these thugs roam freely with their only "oversight" coming from their own departments. That has to change - it's long past due.

Something else I've mentioned here in the past was that Seattle did, in fact, attempt a citizens' oversight committee. Unfortunately, the only way the police chief would agree to it and accept it was if he had absolute veto authority over their decisions. The police union took this stance as well. The results were inevitable, and entirely predictable- the committee (comprised of former governors, mayors, congressmen, and others of that nature) eventually quit in protest. Their chair read an open letter to the people of Seattle explaining why they quit - the stonewalling, the absolute lack of cooporation, the chief overruling their every call for discipline, and a myriad of other complaints about trying to deal with the Seattle P.D. were enumerated to the public. Yey nothing was done. And now, here we are, a decade or more later and the illustrious Seattle P.D. is under lawsuit from the Justice Department, who accuse them of a "culture of violence". Nice.

So, where do we go from here? How do we weed out the violent thugs from our police forces? How do we change the culture that pervades our police departments wherein even the relatively "good" cops will not speak out aginst this violence? Maybe we should hold these folks to this mythical "higher standard" they so proudly proclaim (just listen to them squeal when we try...). We need to prosecute these thugs with every means, every law at our disposal. Maybe we need special "crime while cop" charges to pile on top (that "higher standard, you know...). We need to prosecute any cops who witness these crimes, any cops who have knowledge of the crimes, and yet do not report them. Today, we coddle these thugs - they know they can get away with it because they are cops. Cowards, one and all. They are clearly held to a lower standard than the citizens they "protect". It's high time they are held not just to the same standard, but to that loftier "higher standard" they claim.
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 10-15-2013, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I hope I don't get fried
I am a retired cop homicide, had I seen that I would be in jail awaiting trial for murder
I cried knowing what his actions did to those of us that care.
Ernie 81sc
Old 10-16-2013, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

good paragraph and thought Jeff
Dont see how they can fire you emac, (if retired)
What i see and hear most every day is the people against the cops.
I understand what they mostly deal with. However, They choose the job, That woman deserves to be handled correct. He has no right to discipline as he sees fit.
That was nothing less then assault, with intent to kill,(it could have killed her)
Hope he is a proud man.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: