Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thumbs up New SC fuel pump

Hi All;
Had a gas smell so I followed the forum and pulled the pan under the fuel pump. It was old and leaking but always seemed to work well. Did have a fluctuating idle though! Picked up one of those Ebay pumps for cheap and decided to try it. I think it was US made but not sure. Anyway, made the install, refilled the tank, and it ran much better. The idle smoothed out substantially. What surprised me was the appreciable difference in the performance. Never would have expected that from a front pump replacement. Smell not present so far and runs well!

Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
King Broinyo

This belongs in the 911 tech forum, but you really need to check the fuel pressures if you are using a pump just picked random. Bad things can happen to the fuel distributor.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
fuel pump , gas smell , idle