Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
Mark Knopfler is not an American, though I wish we could claim his music as our own. England has had us beaten in that category since about 1964.
I agree.

Last edited by Baz; 07-12-2014 at 04:07 PM..
Old 07-12-2014, 03:42 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #181 (permalink)

Garage
You know it all started to slide when the telephone was invented.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:52 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #182 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by techweenie View Post
You know it all started to slide when the telephone was invented.
I would say the term "smart" becomes inversely proportional when describing people and phones at the same time period.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:24 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #183 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
I would say the term "smart" becomes inversely proportional when describing people and phones at the same time period.
Which is why I have a flip phone.....suits my mentality!
Old 07-12-2014, 04:33 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #184 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
10 pages into a Subject Like This and it hasn't been pushed in PARF?

We must be slipping lol
Old 07-12-2014, 06:49 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #186 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Quote:
I totally concur that cell phones have contributed greatly to the cultural decline. Every single day I watch these mindless cell phone zombies at work, staring at their cell phones from the time they get out of their cars, while walking a few hundred yards around and in front of other moving cars until they are forced to finally look up to swipe their badges to get into the bldg. Then they resume staring at their phones while walking around the hall- and stairways until they finally reach their cubicles, where they then spend hours staring at their computer screens. Someday I'm going to stop one of them and ask what I'm missing by not being totally entranced by my phone for every waking moment I'm not forced to look at something else.
Maybe those mindless zombies are reading their favorite auto forum on Tapatalk...
Or following the news. Or reading a book.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:06 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #187 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Maybe those mindless zombies are reading their favorite auto forum on Tapatalk...
Or following the news. Or reading a book.
Well, those are all obviously far more important than watching where you're going, watching moving cars around you, driven by zombies also looking at their phones. I know I'm more concerned with the latest Facebook post than I am with not bumping into someone or something.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:50 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #188 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
As much as the physical and virtual worlds are starting to mix, there still is a fundamental difference between the two. Those who blur them without considering the details will have problems - be it miscommunication or getting hit by a bus.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:56 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #189 (permalink)

Garage
As usual, Larry is spot on.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:03 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #190 (permalink)

Garage
And the most classic one ever. Of course, she's suing the mall because it's obviously their fault. This defines why we're doomed.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:12 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #191 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Quote:
As usual, Larry is spot on.

That's awesome.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:32 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #192 (permalink)
Vey, yes mister President

so what we have learned from this thread, is every generation when they become 50 somethings, think they are better than everyone else.

its somewhat similar to the well published theory "SNL was great 10 years ago but sucks today"

951 & Mr2
Old 07-14-2014, 05:47 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #193 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
For me this will always be the greatest generation:

Old 07-14-2014, 06:20 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #194 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
There is no, "greatest generation". It's a myth.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:33 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #195 (permalink)

saw this today on I ****in love science:

951 & Mr2
Old 07-14-2014, 06:59 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #196 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
There is no, "greatest generation". It's a myth.

Because every generation is a winner, if we don't keep score?

Pict's or the Dark-ages never happened?
Old 07-14-2014, 07:55 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #197 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
so what we have learned from this thread, is every generation when they become 50 somethings, think they are better than everyone else.

its somewhat similar to the well published theory "SNL was great 10 years ago but sucks today"
I'm nowhere near 50; the current generation (and the one coming up) are pretty ****ty. There are still great people in these generations, but they seem (to me) to be overcast by all the morons.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:29 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
For me this will always be the greatest generation:

i liked this take on it better:

951 & Mr2

Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-14-2014 at 10:59 AM..
Old 07-14-2014, 10:57 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #199 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motion View Post
I'm over it. Our country and its values are in the toilet. I am astounded at what's happened in the last 20 years or so. Its shameful and embarrassing. People in 99% of America are slobs who only care about themselves and their next big screen LCD television. And, things are getting worse quickly. 3 years from now, we'll (my family) be looking for greener pastures.

/rant over
The former swinger of the forum which many others lived vicariously though now says we as a culture lack values.

Man oh man, married life has turned you into an old man in just a few short years.

It's only greener over there because they use a bigger shovel, remember that.
1989 modified Scat II HP Hovercraft
George, Architect & Business Owner
Old 07-14-2014, 11:06 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #200 (permalink)
Old 07-14-2014, 11:06 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: