Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Atlanta Pelicans 9/8 thru 9/11

I'll be in town working on a show. Evenings will be free, if anyone wants to get together for a beer or dinner let me know. I'll be staying in the Buckhead section but being from LA, I'm pretty mobile.

Old 09-02-2014, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

I work in Dunwoody, which is only a little bit north of Buckhead. I may be able to get together one night. I've only been here a month, so I have no recommendations on places to eat.

"There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security."
Old 09-02-2014, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Your chemical best friend

Guys, let's touch base. I actually own a couple of restaurants in the ATL and would love to have a beer with you. One of them I just built and opened about a month ago and it is in Midtown--not too far from Buckhead--a little further from Dunwoody however. I'm also happy to suggest several places to eat closer to you if I'm too far away.

T

Todd
'85 Carrera Targa/'87 951/'99 996 Carrera Coupe/'17 Macan (Sold)
"Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained" Thomas E.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I'm a bit of a newbie but I'm game. I'm close by. Will there be aircooled only parking at your restaurant?
Old 09-02-2014, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

There's a ton of covered deck parking that is free for 2 hours and I am directly next to the valet stand if you'd rather utilize that.

Todd
Old 09-03-2014, 04:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I'm not a local, but I was there last week for work. If you're able, check out Miller Union for food.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
The sets are built in a warehouse over by Westover Plantation near Peachtree Battle Blvd. I'll also be at Screen Gems Studios, so I'll be all over. Any day Mon-Thurs is good for me, My cell is (805)701-7766. I'm pretty adventurous with my food options and always up to meeting new Pelicans.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry, just realized I won't be back from family beach trip.
Have a great time. I would still be interested in meeting others locally at one of the car gatherings. I usually take my '62 Mini Cooper but I can certainly bring the Carrera.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Insert Tag Line HERE.....

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rattlsnak
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTodd View Post
Guys, let's touch base. I actually own a couple of restaurants in the ATL and would love to have a beer with you. One of them I just built and opened about a month ago and it is in Midtown--not too far from Buckhead--a little further from Dunwoody however. I'm also happy to suggest several places to eat closer to you if I'm too far away.

T
This is really cool. I had no idea about this!! OK, I have to know which ones you own. I'm always looking for new places, etc.. PM if you don't want to say out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
I work in Dunwoody, which is only a little bit north of Buckhead. I may be able to get together one night. I've only been here a month, so I have no recommendations on places to eat.
WTH? When did you get here??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield View Post
I'm a bit of a newbie but I'm game. I'm close by. Will there be aircooled only parking at your restaurant?
Let's hope not.. My 996 is full of the pink stuff.. !

And I'm in for this. Any of those nights works for me after 6:30 ish..

If we go pizza, it will have to be Antico's in Midtown.. but I'm more interested in what KevinTodd has!
Old 09-06-2014, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I get in at 4:30 tomorrow. Staying in Buckhead and working at Screen Gems Studios and a warehouse southwest of Buckhead. I'm up for anything, available any night around 7:00. Like I said, I'm mobile, being from LA, having to drive a bit is no big deal. Cell is (805) seven oh one, 7766. Hope to see and hear from you guys soon!
Old 09-07-2014, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
What night is best for everyone??
Old 09-07-2014, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlsnak View Post
This is really cool. I had no idea about this!! OK, I have to know which ones you own. I'm always looking for new places, etc.. PM if you don't want to say out loud.

WTH? When did you get here??

Let's hope not.. My 996 is full of the pink stuff.. !

And I'm in for this. Any of those nights works for me after 6:30 ish..

If we go pizza, it will have to be Antico's in Midtown.. but I'm more interested in what KevinTodd has!

Antico rocks by the way..!

I have one in Glenwood Park called The Shed at Glenwood and just opened one in Atlantic Station called The Pig and The Pearl.

The Shed is New American, with fresh, local cuisine and P&P is a smokehouse and raw bar concept. Our chef is Todd Richards, a multiple-year James Beard nominee and a truly gifted individual with an eye for simplicity.

I can do any night but tonight--you guys let me know what works for you and I am happy to host. P&P may be the closer solution for the boys that live OTP.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

T

The Shed at Glenwood - HOME
The Pig & The Pearl - HOME

Todd
Old 09-08-2014, 04:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Here's a clip from this morning on CBS:

http://www.cbs46.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10560934

Todd

Last edited by KevinTodd; 09-08-2014 at 07:53 AM..
Old 09-08-2014, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
That's awesome. I've been to The Shed a few times. I have some friends that live in the EAV area and I go to Holy Taco and Midway pub a lot.

I'd like to try the new place and either Tue or Wed night works for me.

Who else is in??
Old 09-08-2014, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

Just let me know when.

"There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security."
Old 09-08-2014, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

We live in Grant Park so we are in EAV quite a bit , too. We had an early dinner at SOBA last night and really enjoyed it. I hope you enjoyed The Shed when you have visited--it's our little neighborhood joint and we love it.

So how about Wednesday at The Pig and The Pearl?

I'm thinking about 7:30 or so but whatever time works for you guys works for me.

If you're thinking about driving your P-cars I will arrange for parking right outside the front door---there's room for several cars there and it shouldn't be a problem mid-week.

Let me know guys and I will plan to drink a beer or two with you!

T

Todd
Old 09-08-2014, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Wednesday it is.. Closer to 7 pm would be a little better, but either way. If the weather is good, I'll bring my Pcar of course.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I'm in for Wednesday. I'll be driving my Kia Sorrento. They told me at the rental place that it was the Cadillac of mid size SUV's.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Registered ConfUser

May try and join also...plans changed and I'm in town all week. If better half is willing, will bring her along as well. Probably drive the Honda though...working AC is much more pleasant, especially if it rains.

Suppose just mention Pelican at the reception stand to find you guys?
2019 SeaRay 210 SPX
Old 09-08-2014, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Dang Todd! Those menus have me salivating! And you're pretty relaxed and easy going in front of the camera, I might just have to mention you to the folks over at The Red Band Society.

Looking forward to meeting all you guys on Wednesday, that food is right up my alley!

Old 09-08-2014, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: