Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

I' ve a number of BCC spots removed. The plastic surgery was the worst part and the recovery.

From now on you have to be vigilant on a daily basis to protect yourself from the sun.

... hopelessly perusing the web for a new Porsche romance.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

I've had a few BCCs removed. One was about the size of dime on my forearm which was excised out. I literally looked at my arm one day and said: "Where the hell did that come from?". Surprised the crap out of me.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel n Toe View Post
Sammy, I had a small one taken off the back of my ear several years ago. Doc took enough that he was pretty sure he wouldn't have to go back to get more later, then sent it off to get biopsied. He got all he needed, and I haven't looked back... behind my ear.

Yukyukyuk.

Okay, I have a question for you: have you gotten that initial colonoscopy yet?

Because if you haven't, you know we're gonna bust yer balls about removing this thang, right?
Had a full physical last year with prostate check and some type of smear sample lab test (yuch) that came back negative for colon cancer, doc said I was "surprisingly healthy" whatever that meant.
He said if that test came back positive I'd have to have a colonostomy but it didn't so i didn't. Maybe next year.

OK Friday was a little weird. He started with a careful biopsy procedure.

After 10 minutes says there's a change in plans. He had to go deeper, and he was gonna cauterize the wound instead of stitch it up. Now I have an ugly crater instead of a few stitches.

After he did that he said I needed to come back next week for consultation after he gets back the pathology results to determine if further surgery is required.
That was not consistant at all with what he said before.
My guess was that it didn't look like he expected.
We'll see Friday. I'm betting it's nothing and it's all done.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Here's to hoping your last sentence is correct.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
I think they like to err on the side of caution. Plus they get paid by the gram of tissue

Hope it is good news. I now see a dermatologist once a year for a "ok let me look for bad things" exam. She hammers home about ears - says that is mostly what she ends up cutting off parts of, especially with men.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Ubi bene ibi patria

Garage
Good Luck & Best Wishes Sammy

JB

Old 10-06-2014, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: