Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 3.22 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

'Seinfeld' actor Daniel Von Bargen dies at 64 - AOL.com

Also played the top Spurbury cop, Chief Grady, in "Super Troopers".

Wayne

Last edited by Oh Haha; 03-05-2015 at 07:08 AM..
Old 03-05-2015, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)
what? me worry?

"Krugers Industrial Smoothing"

Rudtners Racing

'69 911 GT-5
'75 914 GT-3
Authorised Haltech seller and installer
Authorised Unichip installer
BBS wheels
Fikse wheels
Redline motors oils
Swepco
1500 hp chassis dyno
Old 03-05-2015, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)

Garage
Brian Carman, guitarist with the Chantays and known for the "machine gun" riff that starts "Pipeline".

Orange County surf rock pioneer and 'Pipeline' guitarist Brian Carman of the Chantays dies at 69 - The Orange County Register

"Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy." - Albert Einstein
Old 03-05-2015, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage
^ Great video! When do they plug in?
Old 03-05-2015, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)

Garage
Death of A.J. Pero

October 14, 1959 - March 20, 2015
Poughkeepsie, New York | Age 55

Twisted Sister drummer dies at 55

Oi, younger than me....55.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)

Garage
The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) A veteran New York television reporter has died after suffering a brain hemorrhage after covering a story.

WABC-TV says 49-year-old Lisa Colagrossi was stricken while returning to the station from a fire scene Thursday. Colagrossi was taken to a hospital, where she died Friday.

Colagrossi joined WABC-TV shortly after the World Trade Center attacks in 2001. She was previously an anchor for WKMG-TV in Orlando, Florida.

****Don't go to hospital....u die there.
Can't tell, does anyone know if she has had nice hooters?

Another one younger than me.....I'm winning.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)

Garage
We are sad to announce that longtime KABC weatherman Dr. George Fischbeck has died at the age of 92, according to his family. abc7.la/19PRCN6

Old 03-25-2015, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)

Garage

The Associated Press

PHOENIX (AP) Hot Rod Hundley, the former NBA player who broadcast Jazz games in New Orleans and Utah for 35 years, died Friday. He was 80.

The Jazz said Hundley died at his home in the Phoenix area.

Hundley broadcast 3,051 Jazz games from 1974-2009. He joined the franchise before its first season in New Orleans in 1974-75 and moved with the team to Salt Lake City in 1979-80.

"Hot Rod was the voice of the Utah Jazz for 35 years and his voice was synonymous with Jazz radio," Jazz owner Gail Miller said in a statement. "The expressions he used throughout the game broadcasts are legendary. He had the unique ability to make the game come to life so that you felt as though you could see what was happening on the floor when listening to him call the games.

"Rod was a very special talent and will be missed by our family as well as Jazz fans everywhere. Our thoughts and condolences are with the Hundley family."

Hundley starred at West Virginia, averaging 24.5 points in three varsity seasons. He was drafted first overall by the Cincinnati Royals in 1957 and was immediately traded to the Minneapolis Lakers.

He averaged 8.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 3.4 assists in six seasons with the Lakers in Minneapolis and Los Angeles, playing in the 1960 and 1961 All-Star games.

"I am saddened by the news of the passing of my longtime friend, Rod Hundley," Hall of Famer Jerry West said in a statement. "I first met Rod when I was 18 and he encouraged be to attend West Virginia University. We were Laker teammates and never lost contact.

"Rod was not only a great basketball player, but one of the best play-by-play announcers in the game. He will be missed by all those he touched through his legendary career as will his colorful story-telling."

Hundley also was a broadcaster for four seasons with the Phoenix Suns and four with the Lakers and called NBA games for CBS.

"The NBA family lost a broadcasting legend today with the passing of Hot Rod Hundley," the Suns said in a statement. "Suns fans were fortunate to be on the other end of Hot Rod's famous calls for four seasons at the beginning of his illustrious career, and his fun-loving personality made him a friend to many during his trips back to the Valley over the years."
Old 03-29-2015, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)

Garage
Seattle Mariners pitching prospect Victor Sanchez died on Saturday, six weeks after sustaining serious head injuries in a boating accident in his home country of Venezuela. He was only 20.

According to the initial reports, Sanchez was swimming off the beach in Carapao, Venezuela on Feb. 13 when he was struck in the head by a boat propeller. Sanchez sustained a double skull fracture and a hematoma upon impact and later suffered a stroke as a result of his injuries. After undergoing emergency surgery, Sanchez went into a coma and was never able to regain consciousness.

According to Greg Johns of MLB.com, Sanchez's agent, Rafa Nieves, confirmed the news on Saturday night.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)

Garage
By GREGORY KATZ, The Associated Press

LONDON (AP) Cynthia Lennon, the first wife of former Beatles guitarist John Lennon, died of cancer Wednesday at her home in Spain. She was 75.

Her death was announced on the website and Twitter account of her son, Julian Lennon and confirmed by his representative.

Julian Lennon posted a moving video tribute to his late mother with a song he had written in her honor.

"You gave your life for me, you gave your life for love," it begins, showing footage of him as a young boy with his parents. It also shows footage of Cynthia with John during the early days of Beatlemania.

"The love you left behind will carry on," Julian, 51, sings in a style influenced by his late father.

It concludes with the words: "I know you're safe above."

A statement from Julian's representative said Cynthia died at her home in Mallorca "following a short but brave battle with cancer ." It said Julian was at his mother's bedside throughout.

Cynthia and John Lennon met at art school in Liverpool in 1957 and married shortly before the Beatles shot to worldwide fame. Julian was their only child together.

The couple divorced in 1968 after John Lennon started his much publicized relationship with Japanese artist Yoko Ono. They had spent 10 years together as a couple.

Cynthia remarried several times.

The divorce prompted Paul McCartney to pen the Beatles' classic "Hey Jude" to help Julian cope with his parents' separation. He changed the name Julian to Jude in the song.

The line "Take a sad song and make it better," is about the Lennons' broken marriage and its impact on their son.

"The news of Cynthia's passing is very sad," McCartney wrote on his blog Wednesday.

"She was a lovely lady who I've known since our early days together in Liverpool," he added. "She was a good mother to Julian and will be missed by us all, but I will always have great memories of our times together."

"Peace and love to Julian Lennon God bless Cynthia love Ringo and Barbaraxx," Ringo Starr tweeted.

Ono wrote on Facebook that she was saddened by Lennon's death.

"She was a great person and a wonderful mother to Julian," she wrote.

Author Hunter Davies, who wrote the only authorized Beatles biography in 1968, described Cynthia as a "lovely woman" who was ill-treated by her famous husband.

He said she wasn't at all like her husband, but was "quiet and reserved and calm" and "not a hippy at all."

He said their friends at art school never thought the relationship would last because they were so different.

In her autobiography, Cynthia described John as jealous and insecure. She said he hit her once after she danced with Stu Sutcliffe, then a member of the band.

But in a 2005 interview with "Good Morning America" she recalled his charisma as well.

"You couldn't resist being around him," she said. "You couldn't resist watching what he was up to. I mean, he was a total rebel. Everybody was amazed by him."

Add your thoughts, prayers or a condolence to Cynthia 's guestbook.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)

Garage
James Best of Dukes of Hazzard dead at 88 | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-07-2015, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcuscgr94 View Post
R.I.P Sheriff Rosco

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&

Last edited by Racerbvd; 04-07-2015 at 11:14 AM..
Old 04-07-2015, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)

Porscheholic

Garage
This is the one thread where Byron doesn't want to post pics of himself...
Old 04-08-2015, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)
Ubi bene ibi patria

Garage
Jack Ely of The Kingsmen & Louie Louie

RIP

Never did figure out the lyrics to that song...
JB
Old 04-29-2015, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)
Retired Member

Sawyer Sweeten. He was one of the twins in Everybody Loves Raymond. He committed suicide April 23rd around or on his 20th birthday.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)

Garage
By Michele Corriston
@mcorriston 04/28/2015 AT 02:20 PM EDT

Former child star Suzanne Crough has died.

Best known as Tracy Partridge on the beloved 1970s show The Partridge Family, Crough died Monday at home in Laughlin, Nevada, according to the Associated Press. She was 52.

The AP reports that an autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.

She leaves behind two daughters, Samantha and Alexandra.

Crough, whose character the youngest Partridge daughter played tambourine in the band, appeared in the series from 1970 to 1974. Her last role was in the 1980 TV movie Children of Divorce, according to IMDb.

PEOPLE caught up with the sitcom's cast in 1993, when Crough said she sometimes missed show business.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #136 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye's-911T View Post
Jack Ely of The Kingsmen & Louie Louie

RIP

Never did figure out the lyrics to that song...
JB

Try as they might, even the FBI couldn't figure the lyrics out.
This song was the embodiment of Rock and Roll. When I first heard someone refer to rock as "art" I knew it was dead. Rock isn't art, it's just frikkin' fun. RIP Jack. RIP rock and roll.

Last edited by wdfifteen; 04-30-2015 at 05:01 PM..
Old 04-30-2015, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #137 (permalink)
Ubi bene ibi patria

Garage
This is starting to become an ominously recurring theme - another great R & B man - Ben E. King passes.

RIP

JB
Old 05-01-2015, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #138 (permalink)

Garage

The Associated Press

WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) A grandson of late news anchor Walter Cronkite who voiced Dennis the Menace on film has died.

Colby College President David Greene says student Peter Cronkite took his own life over the weekend in Maine. He was weeks away from graduation.

Cronkite was sports editor of the campus newspaper and was on the rugby team. He was also a film enthusiast who, as a boy, served as the voice of Dennis the Menace in a 2002 animated movie.

Greene says Cronkite's love of athletics, intelligence and personality "won him scores of friends and admirers." He says Cronkite was due to receive a prize for excellence in his major, classical civilization.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye's-911T View Post
This is starting to become an ominously recurring theme - another great R & B man - Ben E. King passes.

RIP

JB
SO...what's the over/under on BB King? He's in hospice and the vultures/relatives are circling. I Give it no later than September......
Old 05-01-2015, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #140 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: