Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Free Exams All November!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Hahl View Post

What can you tell me about late model Ducati ownership? Maintenance service plan or can they be DIY'ed? My reason for asking is I have Ducati tastes with a Honda budget, lol. I can afford the bike but am worried about maintenance costs as I tend to put many miles on my toys in a short period of time.
Can't speak to the water cooled 4 valve models. Never had one of those.

But I can tell you that the 2 valve aircooled models are extremely simple machines. It's what I really like about them. There's nothing difficult about them, it's all simple DIY.

For example, the belts can be done in 1/2 hour, no biggie. They're aircooled, so no radiator, waterpump, etc to mess with. Regular maintenance like oil, filters, plugs, etc. could not be simpler.

Even the desmo valve system isn't difficult. It's really not much different than any other shim style valve system. There's one more adjustment (adjusting the opener shim), but it's not a big deal. Plus, they are very stable and don't need much adjustment. And, there's only four valves, total.

I view them as the mc equivalent of a 911, mechanically. Very sturdy and designed to be worked on.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered Cruiser

Check out Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
Great site. Lots of knowledge over there and it has a level of maturity that many other Moto forums lack.

I have never really completely understood anything.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Jorian, I'll do that.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2014, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

The panigale is a beast on the track.
My engineer pal raced one at Pikes Peak and did well with it.

And then there is this.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."--Benito Mussolini
Old 10-25-2014, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Thumbs up

"...with Conti pipes on it."
~~~~~~~~~
What is it about Cont pipes? They sound like none other!
- - Don R. 1994, an excerpt from My Ass From a Hole in the Ground - A Comparative View
Old 10-25-2014, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: