Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Super Cool Dad Shows How To Defuse A Road Rage Incident

Super Cool Dad Shows How To Defuse A Road Rage Incident

Old 03-26-2015, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Ah Oh…"I AM the one who knocks"

Volvo V60 - Daily Driver (I love it!)
997 Turbo - FVD Exhaust, GIAC Tune - 542 dyno hp on 93 oct
1972 Chevy K-10 Pick-Up Truck Hugger Orange
Old 03-26-2015, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Should have pulled out a 44 and stuck it in that prick's face and said - "Here's my license, right here. Got any more questions, pencil dick?"

Old 03-26-2015, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

That hipster was pissed off!
Old 03-26-2015, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Should have pulled out a 44 and stuck it in that prick's face and said - "Here's my license, right here. Got any more questions, pencil dick?"

that made me laugh my ass off!
Old 03-26-2015, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Jesus, I've never seen such a wimp get out of his car to beef with someone. I thought he was going to try to sell the guy some Mary Kay cosmetics after the first apology.

I had a guy get out and stick his face in my window once, I swear he just got out of a 10 year stretch in San Quentin the week before and he was in dire need of anger management therapy. If I'd had a gun, I would have sent him to hell.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I'm with Bill

I had one guy do something along those lines a few years, he cut me off, I hit the horn and flipped him off and figured it was done. He got out of his car at a traffic light, he turned back around when he saw my .45 hit the dashboard.
I have made mistakes behind the wheel, we all have, but after the honk and bird I just throw the "sorry gesture" and most people get over it quick.
The fellow in that vid isn't going to live long like that
Old 03-26-2015, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Not sure i could have kept my cool.

Particularly when he stuck his hand in my window pointing at my sunglasses.

Using that language around the kids.

Name calling.

I think I might have lost it.
2010 Toyota Prius Black for sale
2016 BMW 328D wagon
Old 03-26-2015, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Eva

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick V View Post
The fellow in that vid isn't going to live long like that
That part.

There will only be so many times that the boisterous geek will be able to exit his car and experience a respectful reaction from the other party...

Good luck geek, one day, you'll wish you'd kept your trap shut.

"The car has been the cave wall on which Industrial Man has painted his longings and desires." -Eddie Alterman-
Old 03-26-2015, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
For the record that j**k a** said he was going 90kph.

Thats about 55mph, at least google says so. Canadians please correct me if I'm wrong.

Seems to me he was going way to fast on a residential type street with huge snow banks everywhere.

Yep, looks like I'm flying to Canada. Id like to kick his ass. Whose with me? Grrr
2010 Toyota Prius Black for sale
2016 BMW 328D wagon
Old 03-26-2015, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
I think that the toughest guy in my 6th grade class could have knocked him out. We had some real gorillas.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
What a douche.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 03-26-2015, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
wanna buy a stripper pole

Send a message via Yahoo to KevinP73
Defusing a bad situation is all good and dandy but call me an ass hole in front of my kid and I WILL show you where I keep my hand gun. All this dad did was teach his kid to cower to a (wanna be) bully.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Saw a guy do that once. He got hit by a car.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

I dunno, but I will play "devil's advocate" here for a moment...

We have no idea what led to this confrontation. Maybe "dad" is the royal douche, and he pulled out dangerously close in front of an approaching vehicle - the one driven by Dobey Gillis here. If that's the case, our coffee shop squid showed admirable restraint in the way in which he addressed "dad".

There are far, far too many distracted, inattentive drivers out there today. I've read the riot act to far too many of them, and it seems to be increasing. Maybe "dad" is lucky he wasn't dragged out of the car and beaten (more) senseless by the guy he damn near hit. Who knows...
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 03-26-2015, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Detached Member

Jeff, nobody wants to get hit. He may have not seen the guy. Mistakes happen, the douche bags mistake was not letting it go.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
Jeff, nobody wants to get hit. He may have not seen the guy. Mistakes happen, the douche bags mistake was not letting it go.
Sorry Hugh, but I give no quarter on this one. "I didn't see him" seems to be the A#1 "excuse" when motorists hit motorcyclists, so maybe I'm particularly sensitive to that line. That's how my wife and I got hit by a pickup truck when we were on my bike two summers ago - he "didn't see us". That is simply no excuse.

Beyond that, we have broadened the myriad of distractions available when behind the wheel. Not seeing another motorist because you are stupid and inattentive is bad enough; not seeing one because you are texting, dialing the phone, checking your GPS, or whatever just makes it even worse.

For that matter, how do we know "dad" didn't see him? Maybe he looked right at him and pulled out anyway, seriously misjudging the other car's speed? I've lost track of how many times this has happened to me, where I'm traveling at the posted speed and some fool looks right at me and pulls out so I have to slam on the brakes. Often they never even try, after that, to accelerate to the posted speed.

All I'm saying is that there is every possibility that "dad" did something really stupid that endangered this man's life. It's impossible to tell from where the video picks up. Maybe "dad' just had the scare of his life from the close call that he caused, and that is why he is so humble and contrite. Maybe...
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 03-26-2015, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Why even roll the window down? There was space to drive around the douche and once he was of the car it was clear he didn't have a weapon. If he wants to jump in front of your moving car, well he's bought and paid for. Somebody gets out of their car to yell at me they aren't getting the chance, I'm going to GTFO.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Detached Member

Jeff, you may well be correct, we'll never know. BUT, the douche bag is lucky and arrogant, and very lucky he didn't get a ball bat to the head or a cap in the forehead. I've changed lanes a few times where I didn't see someone in my blind spot in my 45 years of driving, it happens. Them tooting the horn, and a wave back go a long way. I did something once about 20 years ago that caused some dick to pull up to me, pull in front of me, slam on the brakes, flip me off, etc. I was a block from the Sheriff's station, so I pulled in there and got out. Funny thing, he realized where he was and backed out flipping me off.

BTW, I've been put in the hospital twice from riding a bicycle and getting hit by a car that didn't see me. The last time 35 years ago was a yellow cab that turned in front of me and left me for dead. The down handle bar went into my bag and came out next to my belly button. I don't remember anything after the impact, but woke up in the ICE a few days later and I was at a Catholic Teaching Hospital associated with Harvard, in Cambridge, MA. I was told I was given the Last Rites.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

I would have yelled at my kid for sticking that stupid camera in my face and sent him to kick the guys ass

My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html
Old 03-26-2015, 09:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: