Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Speaking of quality, if you went to that festival, would you wear your pink kicks, Pete?!?!

temperature dependent answer- maybe... could be birks...
Old 09-14-2019, 12:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
I've never been, but know some people. Would like to go but not sure if it is worth the hassle, expense and discomfort. Probably is. One fellow I know who goes every year with his wife is an airline pilot. He passes drug tests using a very clever method. He doesn't use drugs of any kind. If you met him, you'd think he was career military.

BM is a bunch of unbridled zany-ness. People doing whatever they want while not hurting anyone.

The personal attacks in this thread, and in PARF, do not make you seem smart.
Methinks I'd rather go to the OCF....in a dress
Old 09-14-2019, 01:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)
Regenerated User

Garage
Why can't they have an environmentally friendly BM?
Old 09-14-2019, 04:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72doug2,2S View Post
Why can't they have an environmentally friendly BM?
Like cruise ships, racing carz, and real estate development in sourh FL?

Is that yer patty....where's the beef ?
Old 09-14-2019, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)

This morining, my hippie dogs are outside doing another enviro friendly BM.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
This morining, my hippie dogs are outside doing another enviro friendly BM.
Laying around all their daze, expecting handouts to get by....probably reek of patchouli too
Old 09-14-2019, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)

I think the purpose of Burning Man is achieve pure joy within a community of others.

It's got to be like rowing. I used to row and then coached crew for several years. There's a phenomenon called run in rowing. It's the state achieved when all rowers in the boat act as one, in perfect unison, and the boat rises up out of the water and you go faster and easier, than the level of strength you put in. It's scary the first time, euphoric every (rare) time thereafter.

The gifting economy/culture is what I'm eager to experience. Have to figure out what I could cook for masses. I'm thinking 10 unique fried chicken sandwiches from around the world but there's got to be something better.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
Burping Man is way better than the Rainbow Family
Old 09-14-2019, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)
Regenerated User

Garage
I remember as a kid when the circus came to town. It was a very large production, but when the show was over, the strike team cleaned up the mess and you could never tell it had even happened.

The side show and big top no longer come to town. The last Barnum and Bailey show is over. If you want to see the freak show it is out in the desert.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
Christ, that remark was made four years ago and it got you fired up? SAD!
In first grade they taught us to pay attention. You evidently missed that lesson.
You don't know what the **** was going on and instead of digging deep enough to get an accurate picture, you figured it would require less effort to just must make up whatever BS that supports your bias (again) and pop off.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun @ Tru6 View Post
I think the purpose of Burning Man is achieve pure joy within a community of others.

It's got to be like rowing. I used to row and then coached crew for several years. There's a phenomenon called run in rowing. It's the state achieved when all rowers in the boat act as one, in perfect unison, and the boat rises up out of the water and you go faster and easier, than the level of strength you put in. It's scary the first time, euphoric every (rare) time thereafter.

The gifting economy/culture is what I'm eager to experience. Have to figure out what I could cook for masses. I'm thinking 10 unique fried chicken sandwiches from around the world but there's got to be something better.
I would never have thought of rowing and burning man together, but maybe I get it...
Old 09-16-2019, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
So it is really hot,
It is really dirty and dusty,
Not much water, and most will not share water,
Expensive,
Lots of um "unusual" or out of the ordinary people
Big crowds, long lines.

Yea, that is not a place even remotely on my list of to do things, maybe right after going to Siberia in winter, or getting a job at the cattle feed lot rendering plant or the pig crap lagoon clean up crew.

I have nothing at all against the event, and I hope everyone the attends has a blast. Just don't look for Sammy and I there.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 09-16-2019, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)

Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteremsley View Post
I would never have thought of rowing and burning man together, but maybe I get it...
That depends on what Shaun means by "rowing"!
Old 09-16-2019, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
So it is really hot,
Expensive,
Big crowds, long lines.

Yea, that is not a place even remotely on my list of to do things, maybe right after going to Siberia in winter, or getting a job at the cattle feed lot rendering plant or the pig crap lagoon clean up crew.

I have nothing at all against the event, and I hope everyone the attends has a blast. Just don't look for Sammy and I there.
I'll be standing behind sammy, upset about kids on my lawn...
Old 09-16-2019, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
So it is really hot,

Isn't that Oklahoma?

We lived in Victoria, TX for year. Couldn't wait to move out. How people live in ****hole states is beyond me.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Isn't that Oklahoma?

We lived in Victoria, TX for year. Couldn't wait to move out. How people live in ****hole states is beyond me.
I agree, Shaun. I've lived in the DFW area since 1989, and have hated the miserable climate the entire time - absolute lunacy that I'm still here. At least the shiit weather has made me an expert on home and mobile a/c.

PS - we are shaping up to have the hottest September in recorded TexAss history - many days so far this month of 100+, including today.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Isn't that Oklahoma?

Screw you and the horse you rode in on.

Massachusetts has 3,000,000 acres of forest land.
Oklahoma has 12,000,000 acres of forest with 7,000,000 classified as timber for harvest.
Oklahoma has more man made lakes than any other state.

In case you missed it the first time. Screw you.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #137 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Isn't that Oklahoma?

We live here to be as far from Tax-a-usetts and Kalifornia as possible. And this part of the country is NOT like the old B movies. Oklahoma has virgin old growth forests. They have never been logged. We have mountains and yea, once we had a dust bowl.

I can't fathom why anyone would want to live in a totally crowded, liberal invested, overpopulated traffic hell hole like the big cities on the coasts. Nice places to visit, but I like owning my house outright.

And add another screw you.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #138 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
I agree, Shaun. I've lived in the DFW area since 1989, and have hated the miserable climate the entire time - absolute lunacy that I'm still here. At least the shiit weather has made me an expert on home and mobile a/c.

PS - we are shaping up to have the hottest September in recorded TexAss history - many days so far this month of 100+, including today.
How many blizzards and 3 foot snowfalls have you had?
Old 09-16-2019, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139 (permalink)
What?!?!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner or later View Post
Massachusetts has 3,000,000 acres of forest land.
Oklahoma has 12,000,000 acres of forest with 7,000,000 classified as timber for harvest.
Oklahoma has more man made lakes than any other state.

Massachusetts has dedicated 44% of its land to forest.
Oklahoma has dedicated 26%.

And I would caution against bragging about man made lakes. Plenty of data out there on the harm to land/people to create lakes. Haven’t you seen Ozark on Netflix?

And quite frankly, I’m surprised at how much judging and condemning some are doing on here about the Burn.

I’ll repeat, don’t tell me even though you haven’t set yourself on fire, but you know you’d hate it.

Just move along, nothing productive for you to add, nothing that interests you here.

To each their own.

And the attacks began from “Burn disagreers”. All that followed was in response.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #140 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: