Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Richards View Post
I can sympathize, Jeff. We recently had painters working in our condo, followed by the crew that replaced our wood flooring. Our next door neighbors are professional complainers, and spent the 12 day period this work was taking place whining and *****ing to our condo board. Never would talk to me directly, and when I tried to reach out to them (twice) I was ignored. Life's too short for *******s and jerks. Keep smiling.
A couple more, then you guys will be dealing with some good folks out this way.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Registered

I am going to kill them with silence, but not kindness. I am not going to apologize that's for sure. After all, that's what led to my melt down. Apologize to someone for knocking on their door? Fook that. I will see how long they can leave their cars sitting like that. All the immediate neighbors are pretty piss at them already due to their parking for a week or two in front of their homes. They are not rough necks, just adults who don't know how to act their age.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
Registered

Sounds like Asshat neighbours. As you were Sir!
Old 09-13-2015, 12:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Registered

Jeff,
the more I read, the more I feel pissed.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)
Registered

Another chapter this morning. We had an unexpected flash flood type rain throughout last night. They live in the basement and part of their bedroom is under a deck. It leaks badly. I heard him trying desperately sweep water away all night long with a little straw broom. About 7 this morning, he caught me on my way to the car and had the balls to ask me if they can use my wide broom / squeegee leaning on the side of my house because all the water is leaking onto his pregnant's bed. I said, "NO". He said to me," Come on man, its an emergency". I can't believe these freaking people?
Old 09-15-2015, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by look 171 View Post
Another chapter this morning. We had an unexpected flash flood type rain throughout last night. They live in the basement and part of their bedroom is under a deck. It leaks badly. I heard him trying desperately sweep water away all night long with a little straw broom. About 7 this morning, he caught me on my way to the car and had the balls to ask me if they can use my wide broom / squeegee leaning on the side of my house because all the water is leaking onto his pregnant's bed. I said, "NO". He said to me," Come on man, its an emergency". I can't believe these freaking people?
"You drowning is an emergency"

"The house catching fire, that's an emergency"

"Your wife going into labor and your car won't start is an emergency"

"Your apartment getting wet is not an emergency, it's a problem, and not my problem. It's your landlords problem. You should call him. Suggest he bring a broom."

Last edited by stomachmonkey; 09-15-2015 at 05:14 PM..
Old 09-15-2015, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Old 09-15-2015, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

One of the best decisions we ever made was to ignore our neighbor. No more saying hi, establishing eye contact, just ignoring. If they tried to talk just keep walking.

It felt odd at first. I felt like a bit of a jerk. I felt a. Big guilty, but. Could never justify the alternative

Very soon ilfe became so peaceful
My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html
Old 09-15-2015, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)
yep, im slow in the head

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to carslutt
sadly i would also say no but that leads me to think this jerk will just use it as another thing to be upset with you about and continue his antics. good luck dealing with him once things dry out
Old 09-15-2015, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
I am going to kill them with silence, but not kindness. I am not going to apologize that's for sure. After all, that's what led to my melt down. Apologize to someone for knocking on their door? Fook that.
Nah. Go over there, say we were all stressed, and most importantly say, I was an a-hole, I ain't perfect, and just kind of shrug your shoulders.

Bring him beers and a bucket of KFC.

Most important thing is to have his MIL or wife within earshot.

Even though the guy deserves a long ice pick through the rib cage and into his heart, you must appease the fems. That would be three of them.

All will be good and his sorry ass will jump the next time you have a request, with his MIL riding his ass.

Mark my words.

Last edited by Bob Kontak; 09-15-2015 at 04:23 PM..
Old 09-15-2015, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

The wife is pregnant? That means more of them.
- - Don R. 1994, an excerpt from My Ass From a Hole in the Ground - A Comparative View
Old 09-15-2015, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
Quote:
you know i'm a fan of you and your post.

i think i would have helped him. the high road is a beotch..but somebody needs to take it. the best "revenge" would have been to help him.

i dont know who said it, but to forgive someone is to really help yourself..

****..who just invaded my body and is typing all this krap..
Old 09-15-2015, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

Registered

If they get flooded out, maybe they well move out early!
73'& 80' Mercedes Unimog DoKa
59' Austin Healey 100-6
Old 09-15-2015, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
oh..i just read a thread on another forum.

some plumber buzzed a cyclist. unbeknownst to the driver, the bike had a camera that recorded the plumbing company. well, that info was put out and you know how rabid cyclist can be..it got ugly. yelp exploded..phone calls made.

in the end, the owner of the shop contacted the cyclist. the cyclist offered to take the plumber/driver on a ride. i local shop put a demo together and fitted the driver. awkwardness gave way to cycling fun. it ended well..the driver had balls to own his mistake and to step out of the comfort zone. the cyclist stepped up and didnt harbor anger..it was very kumbayah.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Ro View Post
The wife is pregnant? That means more of them.

hahaha. Scary thought
Old 09-15-2015, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash View Post
you know i'm a fan of you and your post.

i think i would have helped him. the high road is a beotch..but somebody needs to take it. the best "revenge" would have been to help him.

i dont know who said it, but to forgive someone is to really help yourself..

****..who just invaded my body and is typing all this krap..
No body invasion man, its the new slimmer, manscaped, "Wise Vash" talking. YOu are absolutely right.

I already tried that carp when their metal poles fell and put about 5 dents on the roof and side of my 4Runner when it was about 10 days old. They said they would pay for it, and when I gave them the estimate, nothing. Didn't return my phone calls for several weeks. Finally, he said he can't pay it it was too much money. He drives home with a brand new Volvo about 1 month later. That's when I know these people have no spine. So, I sucked it up and moved on. We still say hello to each other even though their cars are parked all over everyone's house for weeks. This siht has gotten too far.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Your neighbor sounds like the kind of guy that had you leant him the broom and he slipped and fell on his deck while using it would turn around and sue you because you did not give him safety instructions in its proper use.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)
Now in 993 land ...

Garage
I think this is all pretty harmless. I would take it with humor and stick it to them without escalating. "Sorry, no more favors". Like I said before, you are king of the canyon. Screw this guy ...

G
Old 09-15-2015, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
How long ago was the 4Runner incident? Less than 2 years ago? Take him to small claims court and get a judgement. That's BS. He'll never pay it but he'll move to avoid you. As long as he's next door, you can easily find him every day of the year to enforce the judgement.

Done deal.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)
Registered

I would have just said "Fork you" and turned and walked away, so that he would feel as insignificant as he is. Ashhats like that don't deserve the time of day anyway.

78 928 5 spd "Blumaxx" (Minerva Blue; featured in issue #100 Hemmings Sports & Exotics)
85 928 5 spd (guards red over tan)
05 997 6 spd (Meteor Metallic Gray over terra cotta)
Old 09-16-2015, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: