Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Things i'm thankful for !

I have one hour to go at work before a three day weekend, the weather is 70 degrees and sunshine, the leaves are changing color to their autumn awesomeness. I'm working at a job that I am appreciated at after 16 years with the same company working a thankless, factory floor position. I've got the radio blaring in my solitary prototype lab (80'x60" lab, all mine), i'm running a bridgeport mill doing meanigful work. My Porsche is sitting outside waiting for a spirited ride home, and tomorrow night, i'll watch my Junior starting DE play high school football under the lights again.

Sometimes I forget how blessed I am, I think it helps to list them out sometimes.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

The weather is fantastic, fall colors are starting to look very nice, and I'm taking tomorrow off to attend to some errands. With a few hours left before this work week is in the books, I'm grinning from ear to ear.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Kantry Member

My 18 month old grand daughter has been living with us since January. Since we're both retired (or semi-retired), it does not seem to be ideal at first glance.
However, I spent so much time on the road trying to manage a territory about 120 miles across thirty years ago, I realized I missed most of the early years of our two children.
I have been much more involved in the day to day care of this little one and it feels like having a second chance to marvel at the tiny steps to growing up most babies take every day. When she was two hours old I got to hold her and sing a song I wrote for her three months before she was born. I have witnessed her first steps, read to her every day and it is often "Grampy" who tucks her in at night.
You don't often get second chances.
Life is good.
Best
Les
Old 10-22-2015, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Driver, not Mechanic

I'm alive and reasonably healthy. Wife and 3 kids. Family. Friends.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
A Secret Place

Ohio HS football and a starting DE. I bet he is a good dude as well.

Nicely done, CK.

I am thankful everyday. This little journey could have panned out a whole lot differently for me.

Best to all. Thanks, CK.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
King Broinyo

Things I'm thankful for..

The close people in my life. People I know I can count on. Those who love me.

I get paid to do what I love. In a couple totally unrelated fields as well.

I can tear it up on the guitar/bass/piano.

Old school Van Halen and James Brown.

Christina Hendricks
Old 10-22-2015, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

So, an hour after I wrote the original post, my Porsche refused to start and is still sitting in the parking lot at work. I pulled out my new spare DME relay with hope, but to no avail. There is no tach bounce, so I have to figure this out tomorrow. It's amazing how many stupid opinions from unknowing "helpers" you can get when your hood is up (my favorite was to see if the carbs were getting fuel). I did get to come home with my wonderful wife of 27 years in her car and play with the new-born chicks that hatched yesterday in the horse stall......I'm still upbeat !
Old 10-22-2015, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
1977 Targa ROW

Great idea!

I'm thankful for great kids, a great job, a fantastic best friend, able to pursue all I want, healthy, and I'm not in jail...
I'm not your Rumpelstiltskin, spin your own Gold.
"Ya can't be Pablo if ya work ain't selln'..."
Old 10-22-2015, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I'm employed, happily married, with a great daughter and healthy.

And tomorrow headed to the Savannah Speed Classic with temps in the upper 70's.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 10-23-2015, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: