Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

The only snowball fight weapon you need (besides your arm) - The Globe and Mail

And a Crazy Carpet.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990C4S View Post
i am taking a half day today just to go to the toy store. and Target, Walmart..i am finding that!
Old 12-17-2015, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Buy a 5 year old a sled, and it won't snow for years

I'll make you a deal on a 50 year old one....like new!

Don't know how many concussions I had growing up....sledding into a tree head first was one of my first ones though
Old 12-17-2015, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoViking View Post
Snow block maker. Build an igloo.

DATS the one I was thinking of!

Hey Vash, you had BETTER post a video for us!

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum

Last edited by flatbutt; 12-17-2015 at 01:33 PM..
Old 12-17-2015, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
I'm a horrible parent; I don't make my kids wear helmets or much of any safety gear (except my Tae Kwon Do son; he has to wear gear when he spars). Luckily, they're all still alive. If it was up to my ex, they'd all be walking around permanently adorned in 6-inch thick bubble wrap. Me...I think kids NEED to get hurt every once in a while. It builds character and if they did something stupid that caused them to get hurt, it reinforces the lesson not to do that stupid thing again.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash View Post
i am taking a half day today just to go to the toy store. and Target, Walmart..i am finding that!
I hope you read the reviews... all the snowball launchers got terrible reviews... the snowball maker on the other hand.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

sleds or couple of snowball makers would be good.

when my kids were really young, they used to love the snowman kit their mom made for them. Something like this:

Gift Idea- Make Your Own Snowman Kit - FYNES DESIGNS | FYNES DESIGNS

Perhaps fun winter hats instead of toys (or both) if they already have sleds, etc?
Old 12-17-2015, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Nothing like playing in the snow and warming up with a bottle of blackberry brandy.......oh wait.....that's for ages 10 and up. My bad.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Pick them up a cheap snow board. I got one for my kids a few years ago at a Menards or Lowes on clearance. The cheap ones aren't that fast on the snow and adjust to different boot sizes fairly easily. The 5yo might enjoy it but the 2 yo... probably not so much.

Last edited by cabmando; 12-17-2015 at 05:07 PM..
Old 12-17-2015, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3799 View Post
Nothing like playing in the snow and warming up with a bottle of blackberry brandy.......oh wait.....that's for ages 10 and up. My bad.
It would appear you've never visited Putnam County Ohio.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
I'm gonna finally have something to GoPro. Kids are so cute.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Is vash getting baby fever?
Old 12-17-2015, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
Are you insane?!

Sent via Jedi mind trick.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

I'll jump on board with the sleds and fort building molds. I have 2 kids, 2&6, and they love their sleds. Hand and toe warmers are key!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacook View Post
If it was up to my ex, they'd all be walking around permanently adorned in 6-inch thick bubble wrap. Me...I think kids NEED to get hurt every once in a while. It builds character and if they did something stupid that caused them to get hurt, it reinforces the lesson not to do that stupid thing again.
Yeah they'll learn their lesson from a wheel chair.
Its one thing to be over protective, ie bubble wrap lady but you are a parent there to protect your kid. Bike and ski helmets are a big deal. We used to do all the same stupid shiv y'all did but we are lucky we didn't get badly injured.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
least common denominator

Go big or go home!

Old 12-18-2015, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

I nice shovel does double duty as a sled and fort building tool.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: