Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile View Post
What kind of fool gives their money to a total stranger anyway?

right here.

Boy did I get suckered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile View Post
Anyone who's willing to enable this behavior is IMHO half the problem and I have ZERO sympathy for their being taken advantage of. None.
I don't want your sympathy. I don't really GAF what you think.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

After the Haitian earthquake, the Red Cross collected five hundred million dollars in new donations. They built six houses. The people on the street corners are amateurs.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
(the shotguns)

you know I hate those people flipping the big arrow signs for mattress stores and the like even more than dishonest panhandlers.
Well i had #6 adjusted perfectly but then just before i tightened it a butterfly in Zimbabwe farted and now i have to start all over again!
I believe we all make mistakes but I will not validate your poor choices and/or perversions and subsidize the results your actions.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
They are all over So. California, we have a bunch in Santa Clarita. Local CBS just did a story on them. Romanian "Gypsies", working in gangs.
Panhandlers Caught Driving Rental Car, Traveling Around Town To Solicit Cash « CBS Los Angeles

We have this dude all over town. "Fake accordion guy", notice the iPhone plugged into his amp. He stops "playing" to bend down and count his money but the accordion music keeps playing....

And these others with their "kids" who change in age and appearance daily...

All signage has the same bad grammar and odd penmanship.

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
~ Henry Ford
Old 12-01-2016, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

People with "will work for food" signs are 100 times MORE honest than united way.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

its too bad for the kid in the video. let her stand out there and lie/beg but don't teach the kids to do it.
a Mercedes E320 is not that expensive. there is one down the road for 2200. when mine turns 300k I will be happy to 1500 for it. still dependable though.

we met a guy in DC years ago begging. we talked to him for quite a while. we new he was a scammer. we enjoyed his personality and time,. we gave him money because we liked him.
08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[__] RUNNING:[] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 12-01-2016, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

White and Nerdy

Garage
I was hoping for some good troll ideas. Needs to be subtle enough to last, yet not get the others to come over.

I haven't been out much during normal hours to see these guys, but I'd make some time. They've been at it that I've seen a few years. They've lost a lot with the change in the white house, before, they could tell cars to avoid by political bumper stickers. Now there just aren't stickers for their candidate to sort the personally stingy from the suckers.

It wouldn't last long, but I could put on my hazard lights, get out, and ask for money to fix my broken down Jaguar.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: