Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

^^ Me too. Any idea who's replacing him?
Old 11-09-2017, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #421 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteremsley View Post
^^ Me too. Any idea who's replacing him?
Me three!!! Actually, I've very much enjoyed the commentary in the MotoGP series. Right down to Dylan in the pits!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 11-09-2017, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #422 (permalink)
I see you

No idea who is replacing him but please please please not Greg White. For me it's like when Doc Emrick stopped calling Devils games. But I wouldn't mind if Amy got more camera time.

Check out the press conference for a little Nick love from the riders.
Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 11-09-2017, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #423 (permalink)

I quite like James Toseland. Puts a pretty modern perspective on the commentary. The GF thinks he's easy on the eyes too, so I that helps me get away with sitting around on Sunday morning
Old 11-09-2017, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #424 (permalink)

Great Moto 3! Some incredible talent to hopefully watch rise through the ranks (you'll know who I mean when you watch). Couple of nasty offs though, including a rubber to rubber one in the slipstream.

Last edited by peteremsley; 11-12-2017 at 03:01 AM..
Old 11-12-2017, 02:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #425 (permalink)
I see you

I look forward to debating team orders with you guys.
equito ergo sum
Old 11-12-2017, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #426 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
"I am the liquor..."

^^^Good one!

And once the dust settles, I'd like to discuss what happened with the factory Yamaha machine!! And is this the platform that the Tech3 satellite team will receive in 2018?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 11-13-2017 at 04:48 AM..
Old 11-12-2017, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #427 (permalink)

Another unbelievable MM save. He had crashed...
Old 11-12-2017, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #428 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbutt View Post
I look forward to debating team orders with you guys.
I suspected this was happening, when Lorenzo received the "mapping 8" messages. At times it did seem that Dovi was not able to consistently run the pace, and Lorenzo was attempting to bring them both into the lead group.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/132988/lorenzo-ignoring-team-orders-was-best-for-ducati

Quote:
Jorge Lorenzo insists his refusal to heed a Ducati team instruction to move aside for Andrea Dovizioso during MotoGP's Valencia season finale was aimed at helping his team-mate.

On a day when Dovizioso had to win in order to stand any chance of denying Marc Marquez the title, Lorenzo and Dovizioso ran in formation in fourth and fifth places for the majority of the race.

Lorenzo was issued a coded instruction - 'Suggested Mapping 8' - to move aside, followed by a pitboard showing '-1' but was still running ahead of his team-mate when he crashed out of third place with six laps to go.

Dovizioso himself crashed later on the same lap, and said post-race that Lorenzo had not been holding him up as both were "over the limit" trying to keep pace with Marquez and the leaders.

Lorenzo acknowledged that he ignored Ducati's instruction and said he thought doing so was right for the team.

"Even looking at this [dashboard] suggestion, I keep pushing until the end, because I knew it was the best thing for me, for Ducati and for Dovi," said Lorenzo.

"I helped him to improve his pace by one or two tenths, to be as close as possible to the first group.

"My intention was, and it was the case, that we arrive at the first group.

"If he had the option to win, I would have gone wide and let him pass. But unfortunately it was not like that.

"Maybe in some corners Dovi was close and I slow down a little bit his pace, but in general terms, having my wheel in front of him made him improve slightly his pace. I helped him stayed closer to the front group.

"I knew Dovi was struggling, I knew his pace during all the weekend, and I knew he was making the best pace of the weekend just in the race. It was [because of the] help from my wheel.

"I'm happy because I was not wrong. If I was wrong and slowing him, I would be very sorry. But it's not like that, my feeling was true."

Lorenzo also revealed that, unlike at Sepang, he did not discuss tactics with Dovizioso or Ducati team general manager Gigi Dall'Igna before the Valencia race.

Asked if he feared his decision could be taken the wrong way by fans, Lorenzo replied: "No, firstly I'm a person who doesn't care what other people think, because I do what I think is right.

"It's already difficult for the team to understand what riders are feeling, imagine for the people who are not in this business. It's 10 times more difficult [for them]."
Old 11-13-2017, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #429 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Another unbelievable MM save. He had crashed...
He is quite the phenom when it comes to saves.
equito ergo sum
Old 11-13-2017, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #430 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

I'm excited about the 2018 season. Lots of incredible talent coming up! Mir's ride through the pack (from lead group to 19th, then back into 2nd), in M3, was nothing short of heroic! Reminded me of Binder's ride from last to first in 2016! And I'm curious to see what Franco and Luthi can do in the premier class.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #431 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
I'm excited about the 2018 season. Lots of incredible talent coming up! Mir's ride through the pack (from lead group to 19th, then back into 2nd), in M3, was nothing short of heroic! Reminded me of Binder's ride from last to first in 2016! And I'm curious to see what Franco and Luthi can do in the premier class.
Mirs' ride was special but remember who he was passing. The big talent was already in front. If he can repeat such riding in M2 then yes hang on 'cause it's gonna be real fun! Morbidelli might be something special too.

Yamaha needs to have a long hard look at what the factory has done. Zarco really put a thumb in their eye Sunday.
equito ergo sum
Old 11-13-2017, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #432 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Indeed. Amazing skills. Didn't want to spoil anything, but that's what I was referring to earlier. Mir goes to moto 2 next year right? Prem the following year hopefully. Obviously not easy though. Danny Kent looked like a cert for the top, but it didn't happen for him.

I reckon Luthi will do well.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #433 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbutt View Post
Yamaha needs to have a long hard look at what the factory has done. Zarco really put a thumb in their eye Sunday.
That has to be a chassis problem, not a rider problem, no? Didn't Rossi recently say he wished he could ride last years bike? Don't get me wrong - very pleased for Zarco. Great ride for sure!
Old 11-13-2017, 10:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #434 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

Quote:
Indeed. Amazing skills. Didn't want to spoil anything, but that's what I was referring to earlier. Mir goes to moto 2 next year right? Prem the following year hopefully. Obviously not easy though. Danny Kent looked like a cert for the top, but it didn't happen for him.

I reckon Luthi will do well.
Correct, Mir goes to M2. And yeah, good point about Kent; he really floundered when he left M3. Kent was on the Leopard team too if memory serves, when he was in M3.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #435 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

With Factory Yamaha, I don't understand how their bike regressed?!?!? Tech3 (Zarco) really embarrassed them a few times.

And in M2, KTM seems like the platform to be on in 2018. Unless Kalex and/or Suter make some strides over the break.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #436 (permalink)

different angle on Sundays save... certainly not an orthodox riding style, but good lord...

https://twitter.com/matoxley/status/929848263309758464
Old 11-14-2017, 11:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #437 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

Quote:
different angle on Sundays save... certainly not an orthodox riding style, but good lord...

https://twitter.com/matoxley/status/929848263309758464
Insane!!!! I really don't know how he does it.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #438 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: