Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Anyone have old video games they want to sell?

Hey, everyone. On top of being a Porsche guy, I also collect old video games. I'm reaching out to see if any of you have any left over from having kids that are sitting in boxes. I'm looking for:

Nintendo NES and games
Super Nintendo (SNES) and games
Nintendo 64 and games
Nintendo Game Cube and games
Sega Genesis and games
Sega Dreamcast and games
Nintendo Gameboy and games
Sony Playstation and games

Mainly I'm wanting any games or systems prior to 2005, but will consider others.

Shoot me a PM if any of you have any for sale, and we can connect. I'm mainly trying to rebuild my collection from losing most from a fire. Thanks!

Last edited by bbturbo; 07-27-2017 at 01:37 PM..
Old 07-27-2017, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry can't help, but man where those the days of great games or what?

1977 911S Targa Chocolate Brown
Old 07-27-2017, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

WHAT! No wii.
Crap should have finished reading your post sorry about the lost.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I was surprised to find an old Nintendo SNES at a games shop and the asking price was way higher than I though.

I had left mine behind the garage for a few weeks in the alley with no takers and then threw it away....
And I sold a bunch of parts I hadn't installed yet.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I was playing Battlestar Galatica Online, its a free game to play. Mastered it and went old school.

I was playing Diablo 2 which is 17 years old and I had to dig out an old laptop with Win XP to play it due to video card driver stuff. That is a good 10 buck game that will last you a month. Then went on to Torchlight 2 which you can play on Windows 10, a bit older hack and slash game.

I seem to never finish any Xbox games. I have about a 100 of them and get bored after 10 hours on each game. I guess I don't like to sit on the couch very long.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
B58/732

You don't want a TurboGrafx-16?

Sorry to hear about the fire.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

B58/732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal View Post
I seem to never finish any Xbox games. I have about a 100 of them and get bored after 10 hours on each game. I guess I don't like to sit on the couch very long.
My wife and eldest son have played most of the LEGO games to completion (that is to say, 100%). Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Avengers...it's kinda weird.

I on the other hand lose interest after about an hour. Gameplay these days seems to be merely a matter of just continuing to play until the game ends--there's minimal penalty for "dying". Back in my day (harrumph!) if your timing was off by a microsecond, you missed the vine and got eaten by the crocodiles!
Old 07-27-2017, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyJaunte View Post
My wife and eldest son have played most of the LEGO games to completion (that is to say, 100%). Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Avengers...it's kinda weird.

I on the other hand lose interest after about an hour. Gameplay these days seems to be merely a matter of just continuing to play until the game ends--there's minimal penalty for "dying". Back in my day (harrumph!) if your timing was off by a microsecond, you missed the vine and got eaten by the crocodiles!
That is why I don't finish anything. My kids are grown up and I don't have nobody to play with on a daily basis. So I have to force myself to sit and play some games I bought, bored after an hour. I like to play with friends and hand them the controller back and forth or play racing games.

The new Star Wars game on Xbox is really sick and fun to play. Its not hard to get hooked on GTA and do stupid stuff. Enjoy the time with your kid playing, it will go by fast and you'll remember it as golden later in life after he moves out.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

BlueSky, I would love a TurboGrafx-16. I've never had one.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Can't help you but wanted to mention I currently have an upright Asteroids machine in my living room.....my fav. arcade game so I bought one!
Old 07-27-2017, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I used to have a few upright arcades myself. They are great!
Old 07-27-2017, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Can't help you but wanted to mention I currently have an upright Asteroids machine in my living room.....my fav. arcade game so I bought one!
I have one of these in my living room.

1977 911S Targa Chocolate Brown
Old 07-28-2017, 02:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quake Flash - Kostenloses Online Spiel auf Silvergames.com
Old 07-28-2017, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyJaunte View Post
You don't want a TurboGrafx-16?

Sorry to hear about the fire.

Splatterhouse was awesome.
69 Chevrolet C-20 Longhorn (family heirloom)
Old 07-28-2017, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Well, back on topic. If anyone has any sitting around, and want some extra car money, reach out to me.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Wow, the values on those old games are pretty striking!

https://www.pricecharting.com/console/nes

However, if you just want to play them, it is much cheaper and easier to build an emulator.

https://retropie.org.uk/

Takes up a lot less space, also!
Old 07-28-2017, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

I'm aware of the emulators out there, but I actually collect the physical copies. Not really concerned about space lol.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

We are selling our Unity 3D based game like this Flying Bus Simulator . Please contact us.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Just dug around and found my old Gameboy.
It's a clear one - was new in 1995.
Has a few games. Tetris, Jungle Hunt, F1 Race, Donkey Kong Land

Game console is the clear one - still has the plastic (also clear) case.

Let me know if you're interested. PM works.

Good luck with the rest of the games you're looking for.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
retired, mostly

LOL, most of my old video games are stored on floppy discs

Old 10-08-2019, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: