Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Brew Master

Garage
I gave up my primary stand to a friend who has lived in Ohio and hunted with me for several years now but has never gotten a good buck with a bow. I decided that him getting a nice buck would be almost as fun as me getting one and finding one bigger than I have on the wall already isn't going to be an easy thing to do. I have been mostly eyes for him to see what their travel patterns are. I'm hoping that surrendering my primary stand where I have killed a few nice bucks will pay off!
Congrats on your second deer! And that buck dressing at 180 is a REALLY nice deer.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Opening day here in NH, this past Weds. and I am working..... I managed to get out a bit early with my 14 year old daughter for a sit over a field. Walking out at last light we ran into this guy!!! 180 lb. 8 pointer. My best deer to date, going on the wall.
2012 Ford F150 Lariat
Old 11-10-2017, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

25 point buck taken in Michigan.....

Michigan hunter bags 25-point buck, 'the biggest I ever saw' | MLive.com

Old 11-10-2017, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDrive View Post
Oh yeah. Higgins, its 6 deer total here in OH, only 1 can be a buck.
Just texted my deer hunting freak pal. As high as six in some OH counties but as low as two in others. One buck only is standard.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yel911 View Post
My best deer to date, going on the wall.[/img]
Deer freak pal has his best one mounted on a toilet seat on his wall with the bleached skull.

Your's has a better rack.

Nice! Enjoy the weekend!
Old 11-10-2017, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Serial Lurker

Send a message via AIM to ledhedsymbols
Winter coat looks good on you Joel. I've never bothered to try to hunt here in Washington. I grew up in SE Montana, so I took one look at the hunting regs and the fishing regs and said "the hell with this!" I picked one (fishing) and haven't bothered to try to sort out the hunting rules.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Grandson first buck this year
Old 11-10-2017, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Season is going great so far, got my third one of the season this afternoon with the crossbow. At this rate I might not even hunt with the gun this year!

73'& 80' Mercedes Unimog DoKa
59' Austin Healey 100-6
Old 11-12-2017, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
You guys are going to make me regret vowing off a buck this year so my friend could have a chance! I was hunting with him last Friday and I saw 2 small 6's. He saw one of them chasing doe. I turned around and saw the 8 he'd like to get about 100 yards behind me. I thought with all the activity of the 6 chasing doe around he'd come over and investigate but he never made the walk.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
This is the guy he's after and the one I saw last friday. Hopefully I'll be posting pics in the next two weeks of my friend with this deer on the ground.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: