Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytrooper View Post
Yes, she has housing for the semester. She is very excited about the whole thing.
I am sure she will be very interested in all the advice found in this thread. I know she will be interested in the racing...she's a car girl ! Also, she is a hunter. She rode for a U.S. team in Ireland 2 years ago, even learned how to pour a proper Guiness at a local pub.

Thanks for all the information and advice !
PM sent Matt.
Cheers, Guy
Old 12-20-2017, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFAFF View Post
Brookes? I lived on the Cowley Road as well.. opposite the Jamaican Eating House...Great times.

Bicester is now a pretty good place to live...
Bicester Heritage on the old RAF Bicester site is one of the UK's top places for classic/ racing cars.. restoration, bespoke engineering etc etc as well as flying. They are doing a fantastic job of creating a new business community within the preserved and restored RAF base and buildings...

There's a Sunday Scramble event on the 7th January there... breakfast meet for ll... Might you be up for it? With CaPt'n A?

Bicester Village for shopping....not to everyone's aesthetic tastes, but where else in the UK does a shopping mall have its own railway station and direct trains from central London with announcements in Chinese and Japanese to accommodate customers.
That train also takes you into Oxford.
Yep Brookes aka "the other uni in Oxford" We we're on Circus St so could hear the reggae blasting from the Jamaican joint from time to time... And I remember (or don't remember) the cans of red stripe long past normal closing hour of all other pubs... Really not sure how that place stays in business! Must be the David Cameron connection

We're in the newish area next to Bicester Village so you're right, it seems pretty nice here. Mind you we've only just arrived at 3am this morning so haven't seen much of anything yet. All too familiar with Bicester Village already thanks to my wife but I heard it's grown even bigger in the last 2 years we were away.

I heard about Bicester Heritage before. Sunday scramble sounds exciting, that will be at the end of my first week at Merc so hopefully I can have the Sunday off? Let's stay in touch.

To the other guys, sorry going a bit off topic but feel free to message me directly!
Old 12-20-2017, 11:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

My daughter is looking to transfer with her company to London.

I'm excited, but nervous.

Good info, guys. Thx.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Won View Post
Yep Brookes aka "the other uni in Oxford" We we're on Circus St so could hear the reggae blasting from the Jamaican joint from time to time... And I remember (or don't remember) the cans of red stripe long past normal closing hour of all other pubs... Really not sure how that place stays in business! Must be the David Cameron connection

We're in the newish area next to Bicester Village so you're right, it seems pretty nice here. Mind you we've only just arrived at 3am this morning so haven't seen much of anything yet. All too familiar with Bicester Village already thanks to my wife but I heard it's grown even bigger in the last 2 years we were away.

I heard about Bicester Heritage before. Sunday scramble sounds exciting, that will be at the end of my first week at Merc so hopefully I can have the Sunday off? Let's stay in touch.

To the other guys, sorry going a bit off topic but feel free to message me directly!
Great stuff and welcome back!
I think you’ll be in for a shock about Bicester Village.. bigger hardly covers it!
I’m in Oxford now for Xmas with the family and enjoying the lifestyle.

I hope they do allow you a weekend off in January.. I guess its full on getting the new car ready, so have a great time.
Will keep in touch.

Take care.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
My daughter is looking to transfer with her company to London.

I'm excited, but nervous.

Good info, guys. Thx.
Great opportunity and one to seize with both hands.... just to have done it and therefore have zero ‘I should have gone’ moments later.

London is a big city.... no doubt and very very different to pretty much anywhere else.
I love living there and being central, if I needed to live further out I may feel differently.

Feel free to ask more about it or to get in touch.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svandamme View Post
What do you mean "safe", there will be Brits everywhere!
And Londen is only a couple of hours away for me, i often drive over to near London to shoot me long range 7.62 guns... And i'm a Belgian.

DOOOOMED

Thread is light on pics , just saying.
Stijn, You want pics of Bisley? I have plenty :-)

You shoot long range? Stickledown? I used to go down there a lot and shoot running deer etc. Occasionally out to 600 yards but with a stalking setup it got tricky at those ranges. Not done any targets for a long time.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
Out to 900 with my 1903A3, got silver with it on 4-5-600 falling back at the Phoenix meet last year,

But recently got fed up with the shooting , it became a drag. To much work , bad back for prone/sling shooting and just couldn't be bothered to put in the effort to reload anymore.
So sold all my guns except for my poodle shooter and 1911... gotta have minimum equipment in case the Jerries fancy another 4 year vacation in Flanders/Europe.

Last edited by svandamme; 12-27-2017 at 05:09 AM..
Old 12-27-2017, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: