Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Nope, because Uverse dropped BEin and the only way I know of to watch motoGP is to pay $50 for a subscription i don't think I should have to pay for.
So I'm out until some other channel picks it up.

Reminds me of last week when my wife asked me if I liked the XM satellite service that's free for 3 months with the new car. I said I sure do.
She asked if I was gonna pay for it when the 3 months was up, I said no friggin way. Not gonna pay for radio. I'm stubborn that way.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #341 (permalink)

Romano Fenati apologises | MotoGP™
Old 09-10-2018, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #342 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Sam, we know that the American audience is missing out on not seeing the Moto and we know many more would if it were more accessible like in sports bars, etc. But let's face it, not enough current viewership to sustain the costs. 20 years ago you could easily catch WOO races, the Turkey night grand prix and the silver crown from Phoenix on 1/10th the stations we have now.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #343 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
Nope, because Uverse dropped BEin and the only way I know of to watch motoGP is to pay $50 for a subscription i don't think I should have to pay for.
So I'm out until some other channel picks it up.

Reminds me of last week when my wife asked me if I liked the XM satellite service that's free for 3 months with the new car. I said I sure do.
She asked if I was gonna pay for it when the 3 months was up, I said no friggin way. Not gonna pay for radio. I'm stubborn that way.
I use playstation vue and they dropped Bein sports last year. I watch MotoGP on youtube, better than nothing.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #344 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteremsley View Post
I wonder who wrote that for him? "Now I have time to reflect and clear my head". Yeah you do.

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 09-10-2018, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #345 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbutt View Post
I wonder who wrote that for him? "Now I have time to reflect and clear my head". Yeah you do.
Now that his MotoGP career is over, he needs to try what Santino Ferucci did, and see if he can buy a ride in another series (Superbike?) in a far away country.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #346 (permalink)
I see you

That might work out for him. I wonder how the M2 bike compares to SBK?

equito ergo sum
Old 09-10-2018, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #347 (permalink)

Fenati is a hotheaded little *******, I hope he never gets another ride. This isn't his first incident, it's just the latest in a long line of similar hotheaded, bonehead moves.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #348 (permalink)

Every potential team and sponsor in every race series will without doubt have seen that by now. Can't imagine any willing to take the risk/chance.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #349 (permalink)

Quote:
Unreal behavior:

Motorcycle racer fired from team after grabbing rival's brake at 130 mph | Fox News
1962 XKE Roadster (sold)
19 motorcycles
Old 09-10-2018, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #350 (permalink)
I see you

Wow, this may be the first time I've seen MCGP coverage of any sort in the MSM.

equito ergo sum
Old 09-11-2018, 03:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #351 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Wow, this may be the first time I've seen MCGP coverage of any sort in the MSM.
I know, it's weird. I've had people who know I'm "interested" in MC racing (I'm actually a raging addict), send me all kinds of news links to the Fenati incident. I'm like, yeah, I was tuned in and watching that race live....
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 09-11-2018, 03:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #352 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
I know, it's weird. I've had people who know I'm "interested" in MC racing (I'm actually a raging addict), send me all kinds of news links to the Fenati incident. I'm like, yeah, I was tuned in and watching that race live....
Yeah - indeed. My boss texted me a link to an article on Sunday afternoon.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #353 (permalink)

This made me laugh this morning

Old 09-12-2018, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #354 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

^^^Dang that's funny? Too soon?!?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 09-12-2018, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #355 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

I'm hearing now that Fenati has quit racing all together. Of course, not having a ride or sponsor helps, but perhaps he's realized that it just isn't for him.

Last edited by sand_man; 09-12-2018 at 08:39 AM..
Old 09-12-2018, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #356 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
I'm hearing now that Fenati has quit racing all together. Of course, not having a ride or sponsor helps, but perhaps he's realized that it just isn't for him.
He's too much of a hot potato right now. Perhaps he will show up again somewhere at a later date? Who knows...
Old 09-12-2018, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #357 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage
Still bummed about the British GP?

Here's your chance to watch! 28 laps of British GP fun, in the pouring rain.

Warning, Hero content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B2V-CQDTso
Old 09-15-2018, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #358 (permalink)

A few seasons ago Nick had a similar issue at a TD. He has since found a spot in wec

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."--Benito Mussolini
Old 09-15-2018, 11:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #359 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herr_oberst View Post
Here's your chance to watch! 28 laps of British GP fun, in the pouring rain.

Warning, Hero content.
A great watch! Thanks. Murray Walker and Barry doing the commentating
Old 09-16-2018, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #360 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: