Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
resident samsquamch

LOLz
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 11-04-2018, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #421 (permalink)

2019 WSBK schedule released - one TBA and no US round listed

Old 11-13-2018, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #422 (permalink)

Looking like rain all weekend for the final round in Valencia

Watched a bit of Moto3 FP1 this am and they were tip toeing around.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #423 (permalink)
I see you

I've given Marquez many props for his prowess. He really is something special but today I wonder if maybe there's a bit too much bravado in the lad. Now, I'm no racer but I do have a rather determined attitude so I do know what it's like to go for a goal.

Today MM took a fall in Q2 and dislocated his shoulder again. He went off to his trailer, reset the shoulder and went back out! I'm of the opinion that it was a foolish thing to do. He's the '18 champion, acknowledged as a brilliant rider and tactician. But today I thought he crossed over to hubris. I know my opinion is worth nothing to anyone but me but dang I thought that was foolish to the max. YMMV

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum

Last edited by flatbutt; 11-17-2018 at 05:02 AM..
Old 11-16-2018, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #424 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Some incredible racing this weekend!!!! What a way to end the season!!! That kid in the M3 race from Turkey had me jumping up and down!!!!!! That was an amazing story!!!!!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 11-19-2018, 02:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #425 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Some incredible racing this weekend!!!! What a way to end the season!!! That kid in the M3 race from Turkey had me jumping up and down!!!!!! That was an amazing story!!!!!
15 years old....I thought his brother was great too. The kid leaned over pitwall and motioned to Can with a finger to his head "THINK!". When he almost lost the rear my heart jumped!

equito ergo sum
Old 11-19-2018, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #426 (permalink)

resident samsquamch

Great stuff! I also remember seeing one of the KTM bosses standing at the wall, motioning for the the kid to take it easy...don't bin it now! A phenomenal weekend for KTM.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #427 (permalink)

Some really good stuff for it pouring all weekend. Apparently there were 148 crashes
Old 11-19-2018, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #428 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

I'd love to know what's going on with Rossi. Oh well...
Old 11-19-2018, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #429 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
I'd love to know what's going on with Rossi. Oh well...
I had the same thought. He's pushing 40 so hard that maybe it's pushing back! I can imagine that he'd miss competing so much that retirement scares him. But I do think it's time. The young guns are just too good. Sure he has good runs but overall his time is passed.

Stoner may have gone too early but he had the wife, the kid and enough money. Rossi has enough money but unless Ucci is the wifey then Rossi has to find something else to fill his days. I'm certain that any manufacturer would kill to have him as their testing/development pilot.

Heck guys like Rainey are still major players even from a wheelchair. Schwantzy is still in the game, even Biaggi is a player. Rossi has to reconcile with his competitive needs and his ego. Comes a time for us all.

equito ergo sum
Old 11-19-2018, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #430 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbutt View Post
... When he almost lost the rear my heart jumped!
Same here - it stepped out pretty good, and he only had a few corners to go with a large lead.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #431 (permalink)

MM showed grit - dislocating his shoulder in qualifying, popping it back in, and going back out and getting near the front. Pretty baggy joint he has there by the seems of things...
Old 11-19-2018, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #432 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteremsley View Post
MM showed grit - dislocating his shoulder in qualifying, popping it back in, and going back out and getting near the front. Pretty baggy joint he has there by the seems of things...
Yes he did but I just don't see the point of it...as I said I'm no racer. Then again I re-entered a rugby match after repairing my broken finger with duct tape and a popsicle stick. Guess I'm gettin' old!

equito ergo sum
Old 11-19-2018, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #433 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbutt View Post
Yes he did but I just don't see the point of it...as I said I'm no racer. Then again I re-entered a rugby match after repairing my broken finger with duct tape and a popsicle stick. Guess I'm gettin' old!

Watched a bit of Wales vs Tonga over the weekend. Players are getting frightening big, strong and fit these days
Old 11-19-2018, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #434 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:

Watched a bit of Wales vs Tonga over the weekend. Players are getting frightening big, strong and fit these days
Tongans have always been scary big. My club hosted a Welsh team on tour here in 1977. We lost by a huge margin but the after party was epic!

Hard to see but that's me back in the day.

equito ergo sum
Old 11-19-2018, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #435 (permalink)

That's a fun pic. I remember being 10 or so and watching my dad in an "old boys" game (he had been a pretty quick and effective center for years, being on the winning team in the Welsh 7s in the late 50s).

Afterwards in the clubhouse he was called upon to sing because he missed a tackle that lead to a try. Was very strange seeing my father singing a naughty rugby song, standing on a table with a pint of beer balanced on his head
Old 11-19-2018, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #436 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
That's a fun pic. I remember being 10 or so and watching my dad in an "old boys" game (he had been a pretty quick and effective center for years, being on the winning team in the Welsh 7s in the late 50s).

Afterwards in the clubhouse he was called upon to sing because he missed a tackle that lead to a try. Was very strange seeing my father singing a naughty rugby song, standing on a table with a pint of beer balanced on his head
Great story Peter! My son can tell a few. We won more party trophies than any others. Our tourney motto was "lose two then barbeque!"

equito ergo sum
Old 11-19-2018, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #437 (permalink)

While not GP, sad to see this news today. Great local team that brought on some amazing riders:

Press Release - RoadRace Factory Says "Goodbye"
Old 11-20-2018, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #438 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: