Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbutt View Post
The new guy isn't very good but DG was excellent so let's give him time to develop...
True.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 03-19-2018, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
I see you

MM sure is a classy kid...(snipped from motogp)

After their stunning duel in the desert, Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) has made it a trio of victories against Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) on the last lap and at the last corner – with the Qatar GP another absolute stunner. And it’s been the same tactics every time, as the Italian leaves the room for the Spaniard to make the lunge, and then beats him to the line.

“I try,” smiles Marquez. “Someday, I’ll do it. But he beat me again!” "I needed to make the move to sleep tonight. I was able to brake late, but Dovi braked very, very late also and I tried to be close enough, to brake, to stop the bike, but I struggled and he stopped better than me. I tried to be tight but he was faster, and he overtook me before the finish line. Anyway, for the show it was a great race!”

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 03-19-2018, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Quote:
... "I needed to make the move to sleep tonight. I was able to brake late, but Dovi braked very, very late also and I tried to be close enough, to brake, to stop the bike, but I struggled and he stopped better than me. I tried to be tight but he was faster, and he overtook me before the finish line. Anyway, for the show it was a great race!”
Nice.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Seems Jorge lost brakes... crap way to start the season.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/03/19/lorenzo-left-without-brakes-in-qatar/253226
Old 03-21-2018, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
I see you

Looks like a front end washout more than a "jump" but he sure has been snake bitten since leaving Yamaha. If he left the pit without brakes then a wrench head should roll!

equito ergo sum
Old 03-21-2018, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Argentina, this weekend (6th through the 8th), ladies and gents...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 04-05-2018, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Currently watching FP1. The talking heads have mentioned that there is speculation that Jorge could potentially sign with Suzuki?!?! I guess the Suzuki riding dynamic might suit his style better than the Duc! Discuss amongst yourselves...

Again...SPECULATION
Old 04-06-2018, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
I see you

I heard that. His riding style may be a valid point but IMHO Dovi has been so good that JL is becoming something of a has been. Maybe he's not getting the "go fast" parts? The issue with his brakes is a head scratcher given the likelihood that Dovi has the same brakes. Is he snakebitten? Who knows but maybe another equipment change will help.

edit: just heard some commentary about JL bad mouthing Dovi. Hmmm, need to check that out. Might be all out of context. Maybe JL pouting and stomping his feet?

equito ergo sum

Last edited by flatbutt; 04-07-2018 at 07:21 AM..
Old 04-07-2018, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe he's not getting the "go fast" parts?
That would be sad if it is the case.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

bet you didn't pick those 6 for the 2 front rows!!!
Old 04-07-2018, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteremsley View Post
bet you didn't pick those 6 for the 2 front rows!!!
No. No I didn't!!! Incredible qualifying!
Old 04-07-2018, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
I see you

Miller was just incredible! How he kept that bike upright was fabulous.

equito ergo sum
Old 04-07-2018, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

resident samsquamch

Quote:
Miller was just incredible! How he kept that bike upright was fabulous.
I thought it was destination orbit, for him!!!
Old 04-07-2018, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
I see you

Not for nuthin' but I'm already tired of hearing about how Marquez can walk on water. Yes he is crazy good but dang it must be difficult to commentate on the race with a mouthful of MMs butt. YMMV

equito ergo sum
Old 04-08-2018, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

I love, love, love Moto2!!! Smiling ear to ear from a certain #54 victory!!! A real firecracker of a race!!!
Old 04-08-2018, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

just turned on for a noon start - what happened? just rain??
Old 04-08-2018, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

MotoGP!!!

I will let the more experienced guys school me, so I won't comment on the the grid formation at the start...seems only fair to give Miller something for being prepared with slicks! As for the Marquez start, seems only fair to get a ride thorough! I thought for sure the "Spanish connection" would let it go, so happy to see some action taken!

EDIT: and Marc's riding through the field seems reckless at best, at times!
EDIT2: ^^^I wrote the above BEFORE THE Rossi incident!

Last edited by sand_man; 04-08-2018 at 12:06 PM..
Old 04-08-2018, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
MotoGP!!!

I will let the more experienced guys school me, so I won't comment on the the grid formation at the start...seems only fair to give Miller something for being prepared with slicks! As for the Marquez start, seems only fair to get a ride thorough! I thought for sure the "Spanish connection" would let it go, so happy to see some action taken!

EDIT: and Marc's riding through the field seems reckless at best, at times!
EDIT2: ^^^I wrote the above BEFORE THE Rossi incident!
I'd have thought a black flag was deserved but the penalty given has the same result. Not sure how I feel about the snub to MM at the garage though. Rossi's boy looked like he was ready to bust MM in the nose!

And what's going on with Yamaha? Tech 3 beating the factory?

equito ergo sum

Last edited by flatbutt; 04-08-2018 at 12:24 PM..
Old 04-08-2018, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

MM was way out of line, pushing Rossi aside like it was Nascar......
1962 XKE Roadster (sold)
19 motorcycles

Last edited by LakeCleElum; 04-08-2018 at 03:48 PM..
Old 04-08-2018, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

How many penalties does a rider need to get, in a single race, before they are shown the black flag? SHEEESH! Not excusing him, but I honestly think that aggressive, "on the razor edge limit", is the only way MM knows. After the ride through, I knew he would launch an attack like that, throwing all caution to the wind!
Old 04-08-2018, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: