Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Chem Trails

I have a friend who won't quit yapping about Chem trails......he's convinced. He took 20 pictures of "them" yesterday and forwarded all the pictures to everyone on his email list. How do I get him to stop yapping and taking pictures?

Not the same guy as the egg man but is there something in the water up here?

And yes I've shown him the video of how science works. Hot gasses + cold out side = vapour trail. His breath + cold outside = vapour
Old 03-10-2018, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
It is impossible to change his mind. He "knows it it true" and like Bigfoot, or the crazies that are convinced extraterrestrials have come to Earth and are here right now, nothing will change his mind. You can't prove something does not exist. He has to prove it does. Only he is convinced a picture of a contrail is proof the government is poisoning everyone, including themselves and their kids and family.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 03-10-2018, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

I don't remember what it's called, maybe "confirmation bias", but I'm not certain, but the more you try to convince someone that what they believe is not true, the more they believe it. You aren't going to convince him.

My suggestion is tell him that you're happy to talk to him as long as he doesn't talk about it, and if he does, you're going to call him a moron continuously until he stops.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 03-10-2018, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Taunter of Asshats

Trudeau disease contagious?

If you are on gmail, it is simple to 'filter' email from him into a folder, for simple review or deletion at a later date.

Or play along. It might be fun.

#red-beard2020
Old 03-10-2018, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

https://www.cia.gov/news-information/speeches-testimony/2016-speeches-testimony/director-brennan-speaks-at-the-council-on-foreign-relations.html

The CIA seems pretty excited about putting particles high up in the air. Read near the end at the SAI part.

Last edited by Nine, Frau!; 03-10-2018 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: link
Old 03-10-2018, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
The thing is, chemtrails are real and a viable way to attempt to change the atmosphere and have an impact on climate/weather.

The question is about if airlines are doing it, and I suspect not, otherwise mechanics would be talking.

Ask him to track the aircraft responsible with high definition lenses. Then cross check these with commercial flight paths that day.

If he is seeing commercial aircraft on daily flights, I doubt he is seeing chemtrails.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I used to think this was a ridiculous thing to believe in. Now I'm pretty sure if the government is talking about doing it in the future, they are well on their way and it's already happening. That CIA link I posted is pretty old, and its not that expensive to put that stuff in the air. Especially when you have access to the black budget.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True-believer_syndrome
Old 03-10-2018, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
JW Apostate

Google:

Harvard Geoengineering

report back...
'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
'73 914
Old 03-10-2018, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
You would be wasting your time.

If people are not smart enough to agree with facts at some point they get into a conspiracy mind set that makes them feel smarter even though they don't understand the matter. To your friend the conspiracy of chem trails is more understandable than the facts so the facts are dismissed for the conspiracy theories. No matter what you try to show or prove your friend will have the excuse of it being some sort of cover up.

What is worse is these people are motivated to distribute anything even vaguely supporting their conspiracy beliefs to give validity to their belief. They even go so far as to think they are doing you a favor because when their conspiracy theories are shown to be true you will not be able to handle it and it will somehow completely disrupt your life.

My oldest brother is like this. He is compensating for his lack of understanding math and science, never did well at all in school. It was easier to latch onto conspiracy theories instead of learning to think for himself. Pretty much if something is a conspiracy it is true. Con trails, Bigfoot, Extraterrestrials, etc. All of it

His religious belief is the book Urantia. It covers most of the conspiracy theories. Another brother is very Fundamentalist Christian. First they just asked him to not talk about it. He wouldn't. Now Older brother is not allowed in their house.

When he first started talking to me about extraterrestrials and other conspiracy stuff I told him I like science fiction and to tell me more. He quit talking to me about it. Now if he gets on that subject all he talks about is how the Fundamentalist brother won't talk to him about this stuff.

He used to include me on emails that were links to all kinds of conspiracy stuff. He dosen't include his own thoughts or ideas, just "You need to read this" and a link. Didn't help to ask him to stop sending me the links. Finally had to tell him I only have so such time in my life and I don't want to spend it on this kind of stuff. Said if it was true or not it was not going to change what I do on a daily basis. So, reading those links was just a waste of time. He said if I didn't want to learn all that stuff I didn't want to talk to him. Told him there was a big difference between talk/discussion and reading all that crap. He said I needed to know all that stuff or he couldn't talk to me. Told him I have friends that are experts in all kinds of fields and I don't need to study or learn their repective field to be able to talk to them about their field. Said if he wants to tell about it in his own words fne, but I was not interested in reading up about it. That finally got me off his mailing lists. It was about distributing the information backing up his beliefs, not discussing it.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 03-10-2018 at 02:56 PM..
Old 03-10-2018, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

He may not think for himself and I don't believe in his religion, but your attitude of conspiracy people having a superiority complex is insane to me. You probably believe the governments narrative about 911 too. The commissions findings are the facts, right? Once I started to believe there was more to the 911 story, it really changed me.

Last edited by Nine, Frau!; 03-10-2018 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: added a bit
Old 03-10-2018, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Information Junky

Contrails... that stuff is made of dihydrogen monoxide - the stuff kills. Have him look in to it.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
If you figure an incomplete burn in the jet engines, there is technically something being left behind.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Taunter of Asshats

Tell him that's the overflow from the onboard toilets......

#red-beard2020
Old 03-10-2018, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Taunter of Asshats

or send him this:

#red-beard2020
Old 03-10-2018, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine, Frau! View Post
He may not think for himself and I don't believe in his religion, but your attitude of conspiracy people having a superiority complex is insane to me. You probably believe the governments narrative about 911 too. The commissions findings are the facts, right? Once I started to believe there was more to the 911 story, it really changed me.

Dude, you're on a roll today. What's the deal?
Old 03-10-2018, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avi8torny
I have to come clean, might as well do it on the forum. When we take the Gulfstream out on a trip, we always make sure the reservoir is full. They never tell me what the fluid is but I am a good soldier and fill it up anyway. 😉
Old 03-10-2018, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
He's a friend. Humor him. If HE decides your lack of acceptance isn't sufficient for him to remain friends, that's up to him.
I have a friend who is a Trump true believer. We get along, and I tolerate his political silliness because we have so many other things in common. He tolerates my lack of enthusiasm for his political views for the same reason. We are still friends.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
914-6Werkshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8torny View Post
i have to come clean, might as well do it on the forum. When we take the gulfstream out on a trip, we always make sure the reservoir is full. They never tell me what the fluid is but i am a good soldier and fill it up anyway. 😉
lol!
Old 03-10-2018, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Slackerous Maximus

Is this the same jackass that is smoking 10 joints a day and giving money to internet scam artists?
Old 03-10-2018, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: