Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
i like the truck..i'm just over the lifts. well, the mega lifts. i kicks me square in the math when i see those guys make up with it with the big 18" drop hitch to pull the boats..that is a lot of leverage!
Old 04-11-2018, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfredracing View Post
Here's a few photos for you truck hater guys. Basically every entrance to every pipeline or wellhead here in Frac central.
I see a lot of bad ass, 3500 4wd, lifted diesel duallies with big aggressive mud tires, and huge weld rigs on the back every day. Not all of these guys are posers. They go way back in the pipeline to work daily.
This is just one parking area of hundreds around the area .

I like your boss's new ride. It would fit right in , in this area .
Thanks for the support guys. Thanks for looking.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
Kenny the inbred tiger is not a poser either.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

u funny chalie
1976 930( peru red usa) ,1980 euro sc, 1974 914. 1997 M3, , 2004 Duramax 3500 quad cab dually . 2004 2500 HD Gas 1989 Yamaha xt 350. 2004 Turbo Pepperwagon, 1976 Chevrolet C 60 Rollback towtruck. 2006 x3 a few old tractors, and tons of tools
Old 04-11-2018, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

No issues from me!

Though mine looks pretty puny in comparison. I haven't weighted the new boat and trailer yet, but it's at least 8,000 lb. The Ecoboost pulls it at 75 MPH without breaking a sweat. Good luck doing that with a Honda Ridgeline. I do it every weekend, all summer.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
It gotz spikes & 4x4 for traction
Old 04-11-2018, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Old 08-22-2018, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Update

Nearly finished.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
Jacked up trucks.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm K View Post
There ought to be maximum bumper height restrictions for street use, and they should be strictly enforced.

_
In Georgia, the law states that the bumper height can't be changed more than a few inches without raising or lowering the bumpers to stock height. Unfortunately, it is seldom enforced. However, because the law is on the books, it can be used against a driver that is involved in a collision with another vehicle. The seriously lifted trucks can/will simply ride up over a normal vehicle making the chance of serious injury to the other vehicles occupants much greater. If/when I ever get hit by one of these high riders, I will sue his socks off!
Old 08-22-2018, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred cook View Post
In Georgia, the law states that the bumper height can't be changed more than a few inches without raising or lowering the bumpers to stock height. Unfortunately, it is seldom enforced. However, because the law is on the books, it can be used against a driver that is involved in a collision with another vehicle. The seriously lifted trucks can/will simply ride up over a normal vehicle making the chance of serious injury to the other vehicles occupants much greater. If/when I ever get hit by one of these high riders, I will sue his socks off!
if one of those trucks rides over your normal vehicle I highly doubt you will be suing them.........
Old 08-22-2018, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Garage
I like all the small dick and short man comments coming from the Porsche community...
These are work trucks that in many cases spend a considerable time off road and in remote places (not all do, but there are a lot that do)
If your going to haul a lot of weight, tow a lot of weight or get into remote places these trucks make complete sense.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

update part deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowperil View Post
Ain't she a beauty. Lower it down a couple of ft and a few little touch-ups here and there
and voila a new truck.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)
(the shotguns)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Levi- View Post
I like all the small dick and short man comments coming from the Porsche community...
These are work trucks that in many cases spend a considerable time off road and in remote places (not all do, but there are a lot that do)
If your going to haul a lot of weight, tow a lot of weight or get into remote places these trucks make complete sense.
surely you aren't suggesting lifts and bigger tires (we'll ignore the wigger wheels) help with hauling and towing?
Well i had #6 adjusted perfectly but then just before i tightened it a butterfly in Zimbabwe farted and now i have to start all over again!
I believe we all make mistakes but I will not validate your poor choices and/or perversions and subsidize the results your actions.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Levi- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettafan View Post
surely you aren't suggesting lifts and bigger tires (we'll ignore the wigger wheels) help with hauling and towing?
I think you will find large tires to be more suitable in a lot of off road and difficult access to be of help. OTOH is the unchanged height of the axles, diffs, and other suspension parts. I don't care how high the body is, the rear diff height is still a function of the tire diameter. So unless you are building Big Foot, your diff is one of the lowest parts on teh chassis.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I think you will find large tires to be more suitable in a lot of off road and difficult access to be of help. OTOH is the unchanged height of the axles, diffs, and other suspension parts. I don't care how high the body is, the rear diff height is still a function of the tire diameter. So unless you are building Big Foot, your diff is one of the lowest parts on teh chassis.
Obviously some portal axles are in order.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

That Truck looks like a battering ram...for punching holes through castle walls.

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 09-13-2018, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Portal axles — I don't see any on the trucks pictured here. Lots of ridiculous lifted trucks here in the city but none that are worth a s╟!τ for serious rough country work.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

In case you didn't catch it, the body shell pictured above is the one from 1st picture and the grayish truck (pic #48) is the rebodied new ride almost ready for the body shop, so it's coming along quite well as it only gets worked on when the shop isn't too busy with real work.

I'll get you all a final picture when it's all done. If you're still interested, that is.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Did you get the memo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Portal axles I don't see any on the trucks pictured here. Lots of ridiculous lifted trucks here in the city but none that are worth a s╟!τ for serious rough country work.
Seriously? You can tackle basically any trail on the planet without portal axles. I was joking.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

I need a truck..... one w/normal sized tires...My brother loves his company-provided-GMC & he hated the Ford that they stuck him with last year. They are not filled with options, so he gets the stripped down models .. This tires just say: 'Bad gas mileage' to me... Better have a good reason for 'em and access to cheap fuel..
'99 MX-5
7 bicycles and a Metro Card...
Old 09-19-2018, 05:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: