Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
Thomas Crown Affair was a Mulliner Park Ward coupe, that is in another stratosphere from a Corniche.
You talking about this pig? Only two doors?

Last edited by Bob Kontak; 04-22-2018 at 06:01 PM..
Old 04-22-2018, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

It appears most are 4 doors.

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1350&bih=705&ei=bkLdWoGZH8aUjwSM2rKgAw&q=Mulliner+Park+Ward+coupe&oq=Mulliner+Park+Ward+coupe&gs_l=img.3..0i24k1.2475.2475.0.4982.3.3.0.0.0.0.22 7.227.2-1.1.0....0...1ac..64.img..2.1.222.0...0.e-8Bz3YJLBY

How else are you going to get James to open the door for you?
Old 04-22-2018, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

How's about a Trolls Royce (love this one)...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 04-22-2018, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Now I can't remember what McQueen drove exactly in the TCA...was it a Bentley or a Rolls? It was a Mulliner PW coupe for sure, which was a coach built car. He was a man of wealth and taste.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
The sedans are all 4 doors but the coupes are 2 doors, safe to say. And yes, they are less common and more valuable.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Well I stand corrected. The McQueen car was a 2 door Silver Shadow. The actual car McQueen drove in the movie was sold at Bonhams in 2006 as seen here;

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/14037/lot/236A/[/url]

The Bentley coupe that I find most attractive is the Continental Coupe

Last edited by nvr2mny; 04-22-2018 at 11:14 PM..
Old 04-22-2018, 11:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Old 04-23-2018, 12:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Old 04-23-2018, 12:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Old 04-23-2018, 12:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

My preference was always the more rare and understated James Young coupe, as I like the lines of the original Silver Shadow:

If I remember it right, there were only 15 JY coupes made in LHD. The only one I ever ran across for sale was a rust bucket in Lousiana with a trashed interior that "ran when parked."

Last edited by epbrown; 04-23-2018 at 02:00 AM..
Old 04-23-2018, 01:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

For years, the little blue collar, working class town I grew up in, had the only Rolls/Bentley dealership in NC...sitting there in a non-descript building on Main St. in the ritzy section....across from MickeyDs . Still there...in hs, we used to joke about trying to take a test drive....hmmm

You know the only time you ever see such things on the road here (along with stretch limos, etc.)? When the largest furniture trade show in the world occurs twice a year....and folks from CA are here
Old 04-23-2018, 02:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
My preference was always the more rare and understated James Young coupe, as I like the lines of the original Silver Shadow:

If I remember it right, there were only 15 JY coupes made in LHD. The only one I ever ran across for sale was a rust bucket in Lousiana with a trashed interior that "ran when parked."
Very handsome and rare!
Old 04-23-2018, 02:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC911 View Post
For years, the little blue collar, working class town I grew up in, had the only Rolls/Bentley dealership in NC...sitting there in a non-descript building on Main St. in the ritzy section....across from MickeyDs . Still there...in hs, we used to joke about trying to take a test drive....hmmm

You know the only time you ever see such things on the road here (along with stretch limos, etc.)? When the largest furniture trade show in the world occurs twice a year....and folks from CA are here

I wonder if that is the dealership which Car and Driver ran an article about years ago. The owner was fastidious about RR(and in general). He would cut the VIN plates out of any RR he heard was in a scrapyard. He could rattle off the history of almost any RR going off the VIN. They mentioned he never showed his personal collection to anyone and his DD was a K-car station wagon.
69 Chevrolet C-20 Longhorn (family heirloom)
Old 04-23-2018, 03:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Back in high school. my aunt drove one of these. My cousin had a DeLorean and I had a Mustang, so the surfboards would not fit in our cars. We ended up taking the triple blue Corniche to the beach...with the top down. lol

14 535i M Sport

Last edited by WPOZZZ; 04-23-2018 at 03:41 AM..
Old 04-23-2018, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
I'm a Country Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH4aMZapC6Q

Check out this "Derelict" RR, recently on Jay Lenos show.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pikkiwoki. A pig and all the coconuts you can carry. Convert now.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Jay Leno was of course a RR/Bentley mechanic before making it in entertainment. He would be a fairly affluent guy even if he'd never succeeded in Hollywood, as long as he stayed in L.A. and bought a nice house back in the '70s.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
Praise Jeebus. How pretty is that?
Old 04-23-2018, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
I'm a Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
Jay Leno was of course a RR/Bentley mechanic before making it in entertainment. He would be a fairly affluent guy even if he'd never succeeded in Hollywood, as long as he stayed in L.A. and bought a nice house back in the '70s.
That one is not his, it was built in LA from a right hooker donor car for an Australian customer.

Pikkiwoki. A pig and all the coconuts you can carry. Convert now.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
Epbrown, was your 928 a manual or auto?

I like the line up in all red, not normal for the 928 to be that color.

As for the RR, looking at the latest post I think I have a decided preference for the four door over the two door from an exterior styling perspective. (At least, when it comes to the hard tops.)
Old 04-23-2018, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Uh, these cars are built in England.
I doan care if they use veedub parts or beemer parts, they're still built in England.

But I suppose you could always "Americanize" it and make it good.

Old 04-23-2018, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: