Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Be specific in what you think I have been delusionaly ranting about. Spell it out chapter and verse. Otherwise it is just an I'll informed value judgement on your part.
These posts are well documented, go to TABS's profile, hit the "see all posts by TABS" button, and read any/all of them.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
These posts are well documented, go to TABS's profile, hit the "see all posts by TABS" button, and read any/all of them.
That says and tells me nothing! That amounts to saying just because...which means it is a vague and ill formed notion of yours that lacks definition and moreover clarity. In my estimation that is a very dimly lit world you travel through .
Old 04-26-2018, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)

Most folks put faith in and bestow authority to edifices. What is not realized is that if the content of the edifice is vapid then it has no meaning nor carries weight.

Last edited by tabs; 04-26-2018 at 10:33 AM..
Old 04-26-2018, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Be specific in what you think I have been delusionaly ranting about. Spell it out chapter and verse. Otherwise it is just an I'll informed value judgement on your part.
You called me Dim, why do you think I am Dim? where is the stupid comment or incorrect information I posted? That sounds like ranting on somebody you have know idea about and made up who they are, delusional.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
In my estimation that is a very dimly lit world you travel through .
Is that a Shakespeare derivative?

He said in a play or a poem that most of us travel through life on a path dimly lit by lanterns from the past. Meaning past things dictate how we move forward.

Good slam. Undeserved, yet vicious.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)

not an RR but current, interesting and similar enough.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-bentley-arnage-4/
Old 04-26-2018, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
not an RR but current, interesting and similar enough.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-bentley-arnage-4/
"Yes, hello Grease Monkey, can you top off my computer-controlled adaptive electro-hydraulic damping system?"
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 04-26-2018, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kontak View Post
You tol' me and I just didn't listen.

To see the diagram puts it into perspective. It's another order of magnitude beyond complex.
And you didn't listen... to what I said. Which means what I say in your estimation has no value. Which in my estimation makes you a fool. Thus my commentary.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
And you didn't listen... to what I said. Which means what I say in your estimation has no value. Which in my estimation makes you a fool. Thus my commentary.
Why are you singling me out?
Old 04-27-2018, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to petrolhead611
My BIL had a Cloud 2, then a 3 ,and then a Silver Spur.Worked with my dad (an old school garage owner)on the S3 cooling system once to cure potential overheating.He said it was like working on a truck.
A friend had a Shadow arrived at my house one summer evening as I was watering the front lawn. There was an acrid mist emanating from under the nearside front wheel arch: I quickly hosed the entire car with as much water pressure as I could muster and saved the whole body except the nearside front wing from needing a bare metal respray.That high pressure braking system had sprung a leak and the hot fluid was vapourizing on the disc and then condensing onto the car. He reckoned my action saved him about 10000 back then over 30 years ago.
Vindicator Vulcan V8 spyder, street legal sports racing car
(300hp,1400 lbs kerb weight) used for sprints on circuits, and hillclimbs
Old 04-27-2018, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead611 View Post
My BIL had a Cloud 2, then a 3 ,and then a Silver Spur.Worked with my dad (an old school garage owner)on the S3 cooling system once to cure potential overheating.He said it was like working on a truck.
A friend had a Shadow arrived at my house one summer evening as I was watering the front lawn. There was an acrid mist emanating from under the nearside front wheel arch: I quickly hosed the entire car with as much water pressure as I could muster and saved the whole body except the nearside front wing from needing a bare metal respray.That high pressure braking system had sprung a leak and the hot fluid was vapourizing on the disc and then condensing onto the car. He reckoned my action saved him about 10000 back then over 30 years ago.
At that point you scrape the car...

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 04-27-2018, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kontak View Post
Why are you singling me out?
Because you are so good looking... as cute as a Chinese baby..

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 04-27-2018, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)
Kantry Member

Quote:
At that point you scrape the car...
What do you recommend, a D&C?

Best
Les
Old 04-27-2018, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldE View Post
What do you recommend, a D&C?

Best
Les
If you have to put more money into the car then the car is worth...sell it...

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 04-27-2018, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)
Thread Killer

So what's the last good year for a Bentley, reliability and cost of maintenance wise? How many jars of Grey Poupon do you need per year?
Old 04-27-2018, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Old 04-27-2018, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carlton View Post
So what's the last good year for a Bentley, reliability and cost of maintenance wise? How many jars of Grey Poupon do you need per year?
The Bentley S1 (Rolls Royce Silver Cloud 1), made from 1955-1959. The inline 6 models are the smoothest, most dead-reliable RR/Bentley cars, and that's the last version before the V8 engine came in. The V8 is just a reliable, but because they just stuck it in the I6's old chassis it can be awkward to work on. There was a guy in the local RROC chapter that had been driving his since new, over 50 years.

And I carried the take out packets of GP to toss at kids who invariably asked. Ironically, I never actually tried any Grey Poupon.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #137 (permalink)
Now in 993 land ...

Garage
I am late to the party. I agree with what has been said on why they are unpopular.

1) A look under the hood sure is not inspiring to the DIYer.
2) In a rolls, you sit in the back - you are driven. If you can't afford a driver, don't bother.
3) The only reason to own a RR is for status - doesn't work if everyone knows they go for 8k
4) You look like a man of wealth and taste, wearing dead guys shoes from the thrift
5) Doesn't even go well with DRAGON AZZ PANTS
6) It is British

G
Old 04-27-2018, 11:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #138 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to petrolhead611
Over 30 years ago a Shadow was much more than the cost of a bare metal respray.Oh,I forgot, that Tabs creature ( thinks)he knoweth everything
Vindicator Vulcan V8 spyder, street legal sports racing car
(300hp,1400 lbs kerb weight) used for sprints on circuits, and hillclimbs
Old 04-28-2018, 12:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr

Old 04-28-2018, 01:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #140 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: