Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
RR needs to fire whoever was responsible for designing that thing. It's horrible.
It will grow on people. Remember all the screaming when the Cayenne was first revealed?
Old 05-12-2018, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #161 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafischer View Post
It doesn't have a grill, rather a snout.
That's so it can wallow at the trough of the gas pump. It will swill down the gasoline. Next they will be putting a diesel in it.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
It will grow on people. Remember all the screaming when the Carmargue was first revealed?
Fifty.

Oh I do think they will sell to the filthy Nuevo riche...wana impress the glitterati next door...you will get attention as you go by with the subwoofer buzzing away.

Ummm...ummm.ummma..just look at all those little buttons that work all these gizmos..bro all I have to do is push this little button here annd..

Say wat...how much do those little Lucas electrics motors cost again to replace...

Ouuu when they get older you are going to see a lot of them that do not get fixed..and that means they will be relegated to say 928 status and price....or Benz 90's SL status. Nobody will want those pigs in a poke.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #163 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
It will grow on people. Remember all the screaming when the Cayenne was first revealed?
If it grows on people it will be like toenail fungus. The only way this thing could be uglier is if it were painted bright blue with a bright blue interior. Pepper-wagons are ubiquitous. Just part of the scenery now. These turds will rarely be seen outside of places like Miami or Palm Springs.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herr_oberst View Post
If it grows on people it will be like toenail fungus. The only way this thing could be uglier is if it were painted bright blue with a bright blue interior. Pepper-wagons are ubiquitous. Just part of the scenery now. These turds will rarely be seen outside of places like Miami or Palm Springs.
Saudi Hollywood nyc chicago...lv...and anywhere there is a major league sports team.

It is a flash money bling bling status vehicle to impress the other Nuevo riche of how luxurious your life is..looky here...this here is what I got.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #165 (permalink)

PCH between Newport Beach and Dana Point is littered with new Bentleys and RRs. These will be very popular. I saw Vin Diesel driving one a few weeks ago.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #166 (permalink)

An SUV RR is pandering to the psyche of the mass culture of what is the flavor of the day..instead of being a trend setter....it is just one more of the prosaic herd of suvs out there.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motion View Post
PCH between Newport Beach and Dana Point is littered with new Bentleys and RRs. These will be very popular. I saw Vin Diesel driving one a few weeks ago.
What is the diff between hollywood, newport bch and or malibu?

It is all filled with self important rich people who have arrived, want to exhibit that they have arrived and think they are wealthy.

Dana Point was a glorious place to be 40 years ago as was much if not all of s cal.Now???? I suppose you still have the weather?

Why do ya think so many of the old timers are getting out? If you knew what it was like back in the day you know it ain't the same no more. Adios amigo.The newbies don't know no different.

Last edited by tabs; 05-12-2018 at 12:12 PM..
Old 05-12-2018, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #168 (permalink)
Model Citizen

I do believe that "Cullinan" is Afrikaans for "Bloated Gremlin".

Old 05-12-2018, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #169 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
They will be driven by classless people whose taste is in their ass. In the age of Trump, they should sell like hotcakes.

Not that there weren't already a lot of lowlifes w a few dollars in the world.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #170 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Old 05-12-2018, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
And it has cup holders to at no extra charge.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #172 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to petrolhead611
About as boxy and ugly as Jeep products.
Vindicator Vulcan V8 spyder, street legal sports racing car
(300hp,1400 lbs kerb weight) used for sprints on circuits, and hillclimbs
Old 05-13-2018, 12:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead611 View Post
About as boxy and ugly as Jeep products.
If you havn't noticed the new Jeep styling has a Hummer look to it.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #174 (permalink)

I've commissioned my Cullinan in Dark Indigo. With a matching brolly of course.

Then it's off to to Balmoral for grouse. Ta-ta.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #175 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Old 05-13-2018, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #176 (permalink)

We maintain a 79 Silver Shadow for a client. Once you get the car up to date on maintenance they require nothing alarming to keep them running. Just make sure all of the car is gone over.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #177 (permalink)

looks like a Range Rover, '64 Lincoln Continental and Dodge Omni love child mash-up.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #178 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
Really nice looking, quite handsome.

I also love the interior design and materials.

A major draw for RR for me is the use of billet machined polished metal, there is a noticeable difference in the radius of the curves and overall design of the part that can't be achieved any other way.

Even just a tuck of the car seen in a parking lot and my eyes key in to the difference in how it is made from everything else.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #179 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: