Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by javadog View Post
Let's examine another reason why China may be a player here. If we can get rid of Kim's nukes and the two Koreas can eventually formally end the war and perhaps normalize relations, there will be little or no need for us to maintain a troop presence there. That would be in China's interest, perhaps that is more important to them as they attempt to militarize that part of the world than any benefit they get from being "friends" with North Korea.
We have troops present everywhere in the world they aren't needed, it's what we do. China knows that. And troops would play an insignificant role in the South China Sea dispute anyway. More or less is inconsequential to China's plans.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Our military presence in Asia is a greater irritant to the Chinese than you realize.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Read this. It gives you some idea of the extent of our talks with China:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/17/us/politics/tillerson-north-korea-china.amp.html
Old 05-09-2018, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

We got our 3 hostages from North Korea and Stormy Daniels is set to release her latest film "30 seconds in Pyongyang". Coincidence? I think NOT!
Old 05-09-2018, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Read this. It gives you some idea of the extent of our talks with China:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/17/us/politics/tillerson-north-korea-china.amp.html
The Chinese already have their own people in NK, now, to do just that. No American Special Forces are needed.

Chinese only care about our Navy. As they should.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
If there was any active moderation here, this thread would be moved.
that only happens when a mod instigates it and you insult him.
08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[__] RUNNING:[] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 05-10-2018, 03:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy View Post
Personally I think this is Kimís way out of the lose-lose scenario he has created for himself. If he creates a viable nuclear weapon and delivery system, it doesnít elevate him in any way in the world. Thatís just more sanctions, more sabre rattling, more people starving, and his position at the top of a crumbling dictatorship getting very precarious. Which is best case, worst case is some sort of conflict to disable the capability, which is not far fetched. But if he gives up his nukes, makes a deal with the USA that opens up trade, money, investment, and opens his society to the west....heís a hero. Also a very rich hero, and he gets the connection to the west that he supposedly craves. Itís widely rumored that he attended a western university under a false identity, I donít think he hates our society like many think.
yes, much like the iran deal.
lift the sanctions so they can make tons of $$ to support their war/military.
08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[__] RUNNING:[] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 05-10-2018, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

I think that N. Korea furthering their nuclear intentions would push China away. At some point they can't continue to back up a loony with the ability to deliver a nuclear weapon regionally or globally. I also think Kim is smart enough to know that. He's gotten everyone's attention with his testing, now he's going to leverage that position for other gains.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

China owns NK. It makes for a good proxy.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Registered ConfUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
It also could mean that you're posting on the internet anonymously as opposed to speaking face-to-face. Not to discount the stupidity of plenty of the trolls here.

In real life, (IRL), it's pretty rare to hear someone speak in mocking or trolling fashion, looking for a fight. When it does occur, it's usually accompanied by plenty of alcohol and/or mental illness. People holding signs and screaming on street corners kind of thing. People tend to move away from such people in a hurry. It also occurs in mob situations, like marches and rallies.

But on boards like this, you have people who cowardly toss insults and call names that they'd never say face-to-face. I've recently been called a pussy by someone who would never dare say it to my face in a 1000 years. Also have had all kinds of weird, made up stories posted about myself, all by cowards hiding in secure bunkers w plenty of guns and liquid courage handy.

So yeah, this garbage belongs in PARF.
This from one of the top 2 or 3 obscenity and insult slingers on PARF. Nice.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually, I think you might be surprised. For me, it's not so much about politics. I would simply get rid of the people that show up in most threads just to throw insults at one another, completely off-topic. I'd list their names, but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

There are people that make an attempt at discussion and I have no problem with them, whether I agree with their politics or not. Then there are people that make no attempt at discussing a topic.
Many threads that I might be interested posting in, have already been hijacked by the petty arguments of a few. This has driven away the serious posters, and made it a poo flinging contest, which I won't participate in.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
(the shotguns)

I guess if it was a light skinned brother in mom jeans with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth that got these guys released more people would've been happy about it.
Well i had #6 adjusted perfectly but then just before i tightened it a butterfly in Zimbabwe farted and now i have to start all over again!
I believe we all make mistakes but I will not validate your poor choices and/or perversions and subsidize the results your actions.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Probably because the original poster saw the news as positive and couldn't imagine that anybody with a functional brain could turn it into the pissing contest that results when certain members of this for him interact with each other.

I think it's time to do a little housecleaning, but sadly, I am not a moderator here.
Opening post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcoastline View Post
NK released the Americans to Pompeo. Heading back to US.

Another win for the US and Trump.
Nope, started as a political slashing job, could have just said a win for America but he had to drop his pants and take a Drumph (correct spelling: Drumpf).

Posted in this forum by mistake, or posted in this forum on purpose to yank some chains. Either way the moderators should correct the situation.
George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 05-10-2018 at 07:49 AM..
Old 05-10-2018, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

I have to disagree with you, which should come as no surprise. It's factually accurate and does not in anyway condemn past presidents or anyone else

It can't be a political slashing job, in your words, because it simply doesn't attack anybody. Your Trump derangement syndrome predicates you to think otherwise. God forbid something good should happen and somebody gives Trump the credit for it.

Quit being a partisan hack and just be happy that something good happened in the world yesterday.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
Information Junky

Nailed it ^
Old 05-10-2018, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
I have to disagree with you, which should come as no surprise. It's factually accurate and does not in anyway condemn past presidents or anyone else

It can't be a political slashing job, in your words, because it simply doesn't attack anybody. Your Trump derangement syndrome predicates you to think otherwise. God forbid something good should happen and somebody gives Trump the credit for it.

Quit being a partisan hack and just be happy that something good happened in the world yesterday.
He will change right after peace in the middle east, or the sun becomes a red giant and eats the earth. I suspect the sun will become a red giant first.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 05-10-2018, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: