Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
White and Nerdy

Garage
Fifa

There is one thing I don't like about FIFA.

The players who were "matrix tripped" that fake falling over and roll around on the ground attempting to get a ref to flag the opposing team is something that just ruins some games.

Why do they not have a rule, on the ground a certain amount of time without your team calling a time out to substitute you and you cannot return to play that game or the next.

Any better ideas? Loop holes?
Old 05-27-2018, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Soccer hates micromanaging. It has always been a sport where the ref's word is final, and the "spirit of the game" should decide everything else. Same reason they fought goal line technology and instant replays for so long, those fly in the face of the beautiful game, interrupt the flow. Flopping is annoying, but most of the time the game keeps on playing while that idiot basically puts his team down a man on an attack. Watch a game in person, and you'll see how little flopping affects the play, and how much the ref mentally accumulates demerits against bad players, then hits them with a yellow after a while. Watching on TV only shows you what the camera crew wants to concentrate on.

1980 911SC sunroof coupe, silver/black: The Wurster
2006 Mazda3 5 door, M-speed exhaust: The Ricer
Putting the sick back into sycophant!
Old 05-27-2018, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

^this
The system was very good.
The refs instant word was the final, now they are introducing recorded playback for the refs to watch "in game". Horrible.
Also, the game is VERY fast, the ball sometimes bouncing in unintended ways.
My wife sometimes asks why one player kicked the other one, and I have to explain to her that the momentum or "airtravel" sometimes is not possible to stop before the hit and it often is due to miscalculation.
But everyone knows that and the players of different teams often talk and laugh together before and after the games. They are all "good friends" and know each other.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
White and Nerdy

Garage
I'm not asking for replays or pauses.

Just a penalty for flopping.

I've seen a ref with back turned to what happened after some time give out a card.

The ref's back was turned, no site line, the player just kept flopping.

Got right up after and played.

Certain teams seem to have players that do this a lot, when it happens I stop watching that game.

A bit of penalty for flopping would not be putting in stops for replay review.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: