Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

PSA of the day--avoid Republic Services

Just a general PSA--if you have any choice in dumpster rental or waste hauling do NOT use Republic. This company has the worst customer service (and general service) in the business--yes even worse than waste management, which is really saying something.

Hold times of 15 minutes + are commonplace, and trying to get them to actually address your concern is a completely different battle.

I am just thankful we are not obligated to use them and have cancelled their service after continual disappointment

They are the Comcast of the industry.

Rant over.

69 Chevrolet C-20 Longhorn (family heirloom)
Old 06-08-2018, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Interesting post Eric, as I just saw a billboard for them and heard a radio ad from them for the first time ever today- I wonder what kind of crap they might have pulled and are now trying to get ahead on the PR?

1977 911S Targa Chocolate Brown
Old 06-08-2018, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Ditto...the stuff they pick up is better than they are.

"Some Observer"
Old 06-08-2018, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

We donít have a choice as they are our required provider. Other than an initial issue when our service started at this house 6 Yearís ago Iíve got no complaints. I actually get a text and phone call from them automatically around holidays to notify me if they have any schedule changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
'06 911 S Aerokit - from 5/2/2016 to 11/14/2018
Old 06-08-2018, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

I couldn’t agree more...I dumped them last week. Terrible customer service, horrendous wait times for phone customer service, a worthless website that can take your money, but sure doesn’t deliver what you pay for.....and to top it off....rent a dumpster...they delivered one for me to a construction site in the morning...then picked it up....EMPTY... the same afternoon, and charged me an extra pick up trip.

I’m done. Go with the local guys, costs a bit more but worth it.
2013 Panamera
2004 Boxster
Old 06-08-2018, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

LOL.

Here in Cincinnati I inherited them on a 40 unit complex that I bought. Seller assured me they were the best deal in town...

Sold a car to a really nice gal whose dad is a Rumpke sales Rep. (competitor). He referred me to a buddy who gave me a bid for literally 50% less for exact same service.
And Rumpke is a local company and an excellent corporate citizen.

In California I had a small complex and the Republic Truck smashed a carport and didn't report it. I had to call the company and tell them that I would be reporting the damage to the police as a hit and run if they didn't make it right. That, along with the blue paint transfer on my awning and matching white paint transfer on their truck prompted them to pay for the damage.

I don't like Rebublic.

DL
Old 06-08-2018, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

I had a dumpster rental from them for a few years. After crap service and constant broken verbal agreements regarding fees, I had the attorney notify them that they had 1 week to come get their dumpster off my property. It took them 3 weeks. I pushed the dumpster into a muddy field with my fork truck after exactly 1 week. Used a local company after that and no problems.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

We inherited them for our office dumpster service when they took over our previous provider. First issue, they swapped a non-caster dumpster for the one we had with casters, so we had no means of moving dumpster on our own. second issue, missed services..dumpster is full for over 2 weeks--"can't locate service address" is the excuse. Total BS.
Third issue for a solid 2 months they truck they utilized had a steady hydraulic leak. Looked very nice in our parking lot.
Fourth issue--their moron drivers serviced the dumpster and did not set it back into the enclave it protruded 4' so it blocked (2) of our already-limited parking spaces. Called to have them move it--after being on hold for 18 minutes (office phones have a timer)explained the situation, was told it would be 50.00 for a service trip--I explained that we didn't move the dumpster, your drivers didn't put it back in the correct space--after some hemming and hawing they said ok it would be rectified by end of day Friday (I had called on a Tuesday).
After the Memorial day weekend, I get to the office Tuesday AM--dumpster still in same place blocking parking, BUT it had been dumped??? Freakin idiots.
Called again--on hold 16 minutes this time, told rep get it moved by end of day or I am cancelling. Called sales rep--she is on vacation. Customer service rep promised whoever was filling in for her would contact me Yeah right.
Thursday AM I am only one in office, republic truck comes screaming into parking lot, moves dumpster and goes screaming out--total of 30 seconds to get it moved.
By this time I had made arrangements for a local provider--no contract, same price, a dumpster with casters. Notified republic to cancel the recently signed 3-year deal my office mgr had signed.
finally received a call from sales rep when she returned from vacation over (2) weeks since they were notified of the issue. She seemed incredulous that I would want to cancel since the issue had been resolved, and the agreement had been signed in March. I explained the ****ty service, long wait times, inability to get a simple issue resolved in a timely fashion, lack of any communication from their end, etc. Told them to get their dumpster out of here before I shove it over the hill with a front end loader. I receive a letter from them indicating I am in breach of 3-year contract(which does not have any out clause until 60 days prior to end of term). I told office mgr I would handle dumpster services from that point-paid a 400 LD charge to get Republic the hell out of our business. Then had the cleaning crew fill their dumpster with every nasty thing they could find and needed to get rid of. We will see if dumpster is gone come Monday, I already have a competitors dumpster on site.

Moral of story Screw republic DO NOT USE THEM. You will be sorry.

69 Chevrolet C-20 Longhorn (family heirloom)
Old 06-09-2018, 05:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: