Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Living in Reality

Send a message via Yahoo to cool_chick
Flip Flops of....BUSH!!! (Gasp....how can it be???)

Bush is allowed to portray himself as "steadfast" when his record shows that he is, in fact, a master flip-flopper.

• On Sept. 13, 2001, Bush said finding Osama bin Laden "is our No. 1 priority and we will not rest until we find him." Six months later he said, "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not our priority."

• Bush opposed creating the Department of Homeland Security in October 2001. Then, under public pressure, he changed his mind and supported it.

• Bush opposed the creation of the 9/11 commission. Then, under pressure from victims' families, he changed his mind. He opposed having National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice testify before the commission; then, OK, she should. He opposed testifying himself; then, OK, for one hour; then without time limits if Vice President Dick Cheney could be there with him.

• In January 2002, Bush said he had "no ambition whatsoever to use [the events of Sept. 11] as a political issue." By May 2002, the photo of Bush aboard Air Force One on Sept. 11 was used for fund-raising. This year, campaign ads showing the World Trade Center ruins are being run over the objections of victims' families and NYC firefighters.

• Bush said on Sept. 25, 2002, "You can't distinguish between al-Qaida and Saddam [Hussein] when you talk about the war on terror." A year later he admitted, "We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in Sept. 11."

• In 2000 Bush stated that he was opposed to nation-building. Now we are building two countries — Afghanistan and Iraq — costing both money and American lives.

• In the 2000 campaign, Bush said gay marriage was a state issue. In 2004 he said we need a constitutional amendment to ban it.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:29 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

And U tell me Bushy can't adapt...and change policies when he needs too...tsk tsk tsk....

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 10-22-2004, 05:10 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Truth and responsibility are the first two casualties in a United States presidential election campaign. Any candidate that speaks candidly to the American people is a political gonner.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:14 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
So 'adaptable' is the NeoCon word for 'opportunistic' - the exact label you guys slapped on Kerry.

This NeoCon administration does some of the stupidest things, yet with impunity, because they have millions of disciples gulping oxycontin and masturbating to the diatriabes of Ann Coulter.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:18 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I'm going to bed...nighty nite

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 10-22-2004, 05:21 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

cool_chick

Thank you for pointing these out. However, no one will debate these on a rational level on this forum. Doesn't fit with their picture of their king therefore they discount it as heresy.

Now, had you documented Kerry's record, they would be coming out of the wall to "show you the love".

Sometimes, Island will come down from his horse and give you some good insight. Sometimes it’s downright humorous. Others, they're too high up on their "Throne of Condescendtion" to give you an argument of value.

Michael

Yes, I made up the word “condenscention”.
1982 SC Targa (Sold)
Old 10-22-2004, 05:38 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Nabisco Premium Saltine

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman
Truth and responsibility are the first two casualties in a United States presidential election campaign. Any candidate that speaks candidly to the American people is a political gonner.
I knew we could agree on something!
Old 10-22-2004, 05:44 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Island once told me to consider myself an "independent." Now we know that's not true, but it fits you, Mark. We don't agree on everything, but our common ground is FAR wider than our areas of disagreement.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kerry is not the best possible candidate. I frankly wish we had a better alternative. On the other hand, I would vote for my 12 year-old daughter before I'd vote for Dubya. He and the ultra-conservative branch that has taken over the Republican Party are terribly dangerous. They are doing a great job of destroying my country and in time, they are going to go down. HARD.

This ultra-left wing stuff going on (which I have no problem with, frankly) is probably a reaction to what's going on at the extreme right.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:11 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Banned

Its because he's drink MJ Jesus Juice.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:50 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
Hey guys, if you can admit that Kerry has a 20 year record of destroying our military and intelligence systems, plus his most recent flipflops, I'll admit to your puny list of pathetic attempts at cornering Bush.

Let's see it biotches, let's go. KErry's list is 30 pages long, You found what, nine for bush? oooh, i'm sooo scared :P
Old 10-22-2004, 07:08 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Quote:
Originally posted by bryanthompson
Hey guys, if you can admit that Kerry has a 20 year record of destroying our military and intelligence systems
Destroying? Oh I gotta hear this one!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:11 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
You have to understand the mind of the dittosheep, Thom:

Voting to close a base or cut a program in the early '90's that Dick Cheney also wanted cut/closed at the time= Detroying the military.

Voting against a corporate welfare bill or a tax cut for millionaires= Voting to raise taxes.

I really think that Rush Limpballs sits at home w/ his dealer getting high and laughing at the gullibilty of people like Bryan.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:27 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by widebody911
... because they have millions of disciples gulping oxycontin and masturbating to the diatriabes of Ann Coulter.
widebody911, that is one of the funniest sentences I have read on this forum.
+ a whole bunch of boats
Old 10-22-2004, 07:27 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
drag racing the short bus

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman

This ultra-left wing stuff going on (which I have no problem with, frankly) is probably a reaction to what's going on at the extreme right.
Or...it's been made up by the extreme right, because I can't find what is so ultra left about Kerry. Maybe someone can help me out here: how "ultra left" is Kerry?

Or is this just another smear tactic in a whole host of smearing?
Old 10-22-2004, 07:37 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally posted by mtelliott
cool_chick

. . .
Sometimes, Island will come down from his horse and give you some good insight. Sometimes it’s downright humorous. Others, they're too high up on their "Throne of Condescendtion" to give you an argument of value.
.. .
Hmmmm, what will it be. . .

tabs already gave some good insight, on this one .. .

widebody911 injected some humor . ..

So .......

frozen_chicken,

First of all, HELLO, and welcome to last month!

Second, we'll see ya next month.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:07 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by island911

Hold on. I thought Kerry was the cook?
Old 10-22-2004, 10:26 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by dd74
Or...it's been made up by the extreme right, because I can't find what is so ultra left about Kerry. Maybe someone can help me out here: how "ultra left" is Kerry?
The 'Liberal Index' says Kerry is ultra left. Its a calculation of 'liberalness'. Kerry got the most 'liberal-points' so he must be the winner. I believe points are awarded for things like:
a/ making a vote in the Senate
b/ not making a vote in the Senate
c/ bonus points if your first name is 'John'
d/ super-bonus points if your last name is 'Kerry'
e/ liberal bonanza bonus points if you look like a girl catching a football

In the words of the National Journal
The scores are determined by a computer-assisted calculation that ranks members from one end of the ideological spectrum to the other, based on key votes -- 62 in the Senate in 2003 -- selected by National Journal reporters and editors.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:36 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Living in Reality

Quote:
Originally posted by bryanthompson
Hey guys, if you can admit that Kerry has a 20 year record of destroying our military and intelligence systems, plus his most recent flipflops, I'll admit to your puny list of pathetic attempts at cornering Bush.

Let's see it biotches, let's go. KErry's list is 30 pages long, You found what, nine for bush? oooh, i'm sooo scared :P
Nine for Bush? Demonstrates his lack of experience, huh?

And the real blame for destroying our military and intelligence systems should be blamed on our VICE PRESIDENT CHENEY!

Old 10-22-2004, 10:41 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Corkscrewing in

One more time. Changing ones position in the face of new evidence, advice, etc.. over a long period of time is not a "flip flop". Taking two different positions on something in a matter of days to suit your audience is. The former should be aplauded, the latter.....not so much.

Guess who is guilty of which, nice try.......... again.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:55 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Living in Reality

What "new evidence" was discovered to help him change his mind on the 9/11 commission report? What "new evidence" was discovered to help him change his mind on the Department of Homeland Security? What "new evidence" helped him to change his mind on abortion?

It is Bush who is taking two different positions to suit the audience...
Old 10-22-2004, 11:50 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)
Old 10-22-2004, 11:50 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: