Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Freeh aint too kind to Clinton

"In another revelation, Freeh says the former president let down the American people and the families of victims of the Khobar Towers terror attack in Saudi Arabia. After promising to bring to justice those responsible for the bombing that killed 19 and injured hundreds, Freeh says Clinton refused to personally ask Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah to allow the FBI to question bombing suspects the kingdom had in custody – the only way the bureau could secure the interviews, according to Freeh. Freeh writes in the book, “Bill Clinton raised the subject only to tell the crown prince that he understood the Saudis’ reluctance to cooperate and then he hit Abdullah up for a contribution to the Clinton Presidential Library.” Says Freeh, “That’s a fact that I am reporting.”

DrudgeReport

Which begs the question: What was Sandy Bergler stealing for Clinton before the 9-11 hearings?...Which begs the question: Why did the 9-11 [C]Omission leave this important burglary out of their final report?

Do you hear the media silence?....I do, it is deafening.

Last edited by Mulhollanddose; 10-09-2005 at 02:47 PM..
Old 10-08-2005, 07:55 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Information Junky

Wow

Liberals here must really, really, really hate you.

keep up the good work.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:14 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

Who says there is no such thing as a Freeh lunch?

Old 10-08-2005, 08:58 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

Sandy Bergler scheduled to defend Clinton to Mike Wallace on 60 lying Minutes...Freeh will be hung, Bergler will get softballs.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:32 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Banned

Old 10-09-2005, 02:51 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

If the quote is what Freeh said, then I submit the preface is what the author made up.

Betray the country: Nixon did it, Reagen did it, Bush is doing it.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:59 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Nabisco Premium Saltine

Quote:
Originally posted by stevepaa

Betray the country: Nixon did it, Reagen did it, Bush is doing it and all future and past Republicans have done it.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:30 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Banned

The Washington Post reports that producers came under "strong pressure from former president Bill Clinton's advisers" to allow Berger to respond to Freeh's claim that Clinton shook down Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah for a contribution to his presidential library after promising to go soft on the Khobar Towers bombing probe.

In a statement to be read on-air after Freeh details his allegations, Berger claims he was at the meeting and then insists: "The president strongly raised the need for Saudi officials to cooperate with us on the investigation into the attack on Khobar Towers at the time when the FBI was attempting to gain access to the suspects. The president did not raise in any fashion the issue of his library."

In April, Berger pled guilty to stealing and destroying top secret national security documents from the National Archives while helping Mr. Clinton prepare for his testimony before the 9/11 Commission.

FreeRepublic via NewsMax

Rove's fault I am sure.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:11 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Information Junky

I watched the 60min's piece on Freeh. That's one serious guy.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:50 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by island911
I watched the 60min's piece on Freeh. That's one serious guy.
He had to keep an eye on that snake Mike Wallace...It almost seemed like Mike was waiting for him to look away so he could stab him in the front...Which he tried his best to do...Dick Clark gets a whole hour; Freeh gets one segment...Dick Clark gets softballs; Freeh gets beamed with fouls.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:07 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally posted by stevepaa

Betray the country: Nixon did it, Reagen did it, Bush is doing it.
So . . . it's okay if Clinton did too?
Old 10-09-2005, 08:08 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Banned

Regarding Dick Clarke:

"If he was rushing around the executive branch trying to make a case that we were in imminent danger of a terrorist attack on our shores, he wasn't trying to make that case with me," Mr. Freeh writes of Mr. Clarke in a memoir to be published this week called "My F.B.I.: Bringing Down the Mafia, Investigating Bill Clinton and Fighting the War on Terror." The publisher is St. Martin's Press.

Regarding Clinton:

"With Bill Clinton," Mr. Freeh writes in a chapter called "Bill and Me," "the scandals and rumored scandals, the incubating ones and the dying ones, never ended. Whatever moral compass the president was consulting, it was leading him in the wrong direction, and he lacked the discipline to pull back once he found himself stepping into trouble. Worse, he had been behaving that way so long that the closets were full of skeletons just waiting to burst out."
Old 10-10-2005, 12:29 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Re: Wow

Quote:
Originally posted by island911
Liberals here must really, really, really hate you.

keep up the good work.
then I must not be a liberal. Mul does as much on this Board to underscore my points than Dubya does elsewhere.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:18 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Banned

Is it just me or is this story getting back-burnered?

Joe Wilson (absolute intel nobody compared to Freeh) gets the ticker-tape parade, yet the FBI Director gets the muzzle...No bias here...moveon please.

Last edited by Mulhollanddose; 10-11-2005 at 11:37 AM..
Old 10-11-2005, 10:31 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulhollanddose
Is it just me or is this story getting back-burnered?

Joe Wilson (absolute intel nobody compared to Freeh) gets the ticker-tape parade, yet the FBI Director gets the muzzle...No bias here...moveon please.
it was the lead story on O-Reilly last night. By them time Bill's guest left the show, he was in complete agreement that Freeh is a sham just hawking a book. A real patriot.

You may want to call Bill personally on this one. BTW, does the tin foil get in the way of the phone?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:44 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Banned

Bill O'Reilly is a little too high on himself to render 100% accurate analysis...But Mr. O'Reilly weren't too kind to ole Slick neither.

Pride is O'Reilly's problem.

Freeh, doubtless, doesn't like Clinton...I have yet to see a refutation of Freeh's comments that did not extend beyond personal attack...You know you have issues when you roll out Sandy Bergler as an apologist.

Two things we know...Clinton is a proven and pattern liar (not to mention has the tendency of selling pardons and Lincoln bedroom sleepovers for $$$), and Sandy Bergler was convicted for stealing documents damning to Clinton before the 9-11 hearings........and Freeh is incredible?

lol...funny stuff buddy.

Last edited by Mulhollanddose; 10-11-2005 at 12:11 PM..
Old 10-11-2005, 11:51 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulhollanddose
....and Freeh is incredible?

lol...funny stuff buddy.
When Freeh names sources, he'll get credibility. otherwise he's as bad as Sheehan, just making money off jokers like you who will buy his book and jerk off while repeating Bill's name over and over. But worse really than Cindy since so much went wrong on his watch. he should be tried for treason and then shot, guilty or not.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:22 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by hunter914
When Freeh names sources, he'll get credibility. otherwise he's as bad as Sheehan, just making money off jokers like you who will buy his book and jerk off while repeating Bill's name over and over. But worse really than Cindy since so much went wrong on his watch. he should be tried for treason and then shot, guilty or not.
Freeh was sorta hamstrung...

Jamie Gorelick did not recuse herself or testify before the 9-11 Kangaroo Court.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:02 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Freeh was hated by the right -- especially the ultra-right for his response to the Ruby Ridge and Waco shootings. But he has actively pursued the neocons, courting Newt Gingrich from '94 on. He may be the most political director of the FBI in recent history. Does that make him biased? I think so.

And he knows what sells a book... the anti-Clinton publishing industry literally guarantees a profit from any book that disses Clinton.

Interestingly, Freeh, in interviews, says quite a few good things about Clinton. And some of the negative things he says -- like Clinton being unhappy with him for pursuing Whitewater investigations -- are pretty mild negatives.

Freeh criticizes Clinton for 'going easy' on the Saudis, after the Khobar Towers attack (which casual listeners to the news will not recall was an attack by Hezbolla that took place inside Saudi Arabia) but that was before 15 Saudis participated in the deadliest attack on US soil -- followed by no discernable action from Bush2. So this whole book tour is just another desperate attempt by the right to distract from current political affairs, IMHO.
'13 Chevy Volt parts fetcher
Old 10-11-2005, 01:17 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Banned

Freeh has more credibility than the Clinton Administration...we know that much as fact.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:23 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: