Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bush haters - do you think John Kerry would be doing a better job?

Of course, we'll never know for sure, but I'm wondering if you think JK would be doing a better job than Dubya. If so, how and why? Don't you think the Reps would be blaming all that's bad and wrong bad on JK, just like the Dems are doing to Dubya now?
Old 11-04-2005, 09:33 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

Re: Bush haters - do you think John Kerry would be doing a better job?

Quote:
Originally posted by cantdrv55
Don't you think the Reps would be blaming all that's bad and wrong bad on JK, just like the Dems are doing to Dubya now?
No, they wouldn't...Have you heard a Republican, other than me, complain about the lies that got us in the true quagmire that is Kosovo?...Why did we go to Serbia again (we are still there BTW)?

Last edited by Mulhollanddose; 11-04-2005 at 09:58 AM..
Old 11-04-2005, 09:41 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I don't like Bush but I voted for him, I am not a hater, but I thought there was nobody at that moment who could do a better job...
I don't like it when someone punches you in the face and you can't punch him back, when you have to seat and analyze why he punched you and what must be done in order to prevent this in the future, this is what I felt I was being tought, while living in Cali, where I saw Kerry stickers on every other car

I like Jeff Bush, look at the crime statistics in FL, they went down! Why? 'Cause now you can defend yourself and not be punished for that
Old 11-04-2005, 09:44 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I think a monkey could do a better job.......oh wait.
1989 modified Scat II HP Hovercraft
George, Architect & Business Owner
Old 11-04-2005, 10:11 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I didn't care too much for John Kerry but the short answer is definitely YES. I think he'd be doing a better job. I think he'd be doing a better job if he did nothing. As many of you know, not only do I think Dubya's decisions to invade Iraq was a poor one, I honestly think it is worse than if he had done nothing. I think that decision is eroding our national security, rather than enhancing it. But frankly, that's not my biggest reason for believing that Kerry would be doing less damage to America.

I knew when Dubya took office that he would declare war on both the environment and Labor. And he did. Here is a quote from a usually respected Republican:

"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason. If a man tells you he loves America yet hates labor, he is a liar. If a man tells you he trusts America yet fears labor, he is a fool. There is no America without labor, and to fleece the one is to rob the other."
Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-04-2005, 10:15 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Bush haters - do you think John Kerry would be doing a better job?

YES
Old 11-04-2005, 10:15 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman
I think he'd be doing a better job if he did nothing.
Sad, isn't it. For me it's a two-fold problem. Iraq is a disaster for all the reasons you mentioned, and secondly, Bush has betrayed the fundamentals of fiscal conservatism. Many of the people I know that voted Republican are truly dismayed by this President.

A great number of folks who traditionally vote Republican are fiscal conservatives who don't give a rats-ass about a "conservative" social agenda. I think Bush lost these folks.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:23 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Moses
Sad, isn't it. For me it's a two-fold problem. Iraq is a disaster for all the reasons you mentioned, and secondly, Bush has betrayed the fundamentals of fiscal conservatism. Many of the people I know that voted Republican are truly dismayed by this President.

A great number of folks who traditionally vote Republican are fiscal conservatives who don't give a rats-ass about a "conservative" social agenda. I think Bush lost these folks.
I agree!
Old 11-04-2005, 10:27 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman
I think that decision is eroding our national security, rather than enhancing it. But frankly, that's not my biggest reason for believing that Kerry would be doing less damage to America.

I knew when Dubya took office that he would declare war on both the environment and Labor. And he did.
100% poppycock.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:28 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Of course.

Who wouldn't?
'13 Chevy Volt parts fetcher
Old 11-04-2005, 10:29 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Mulhollanddose
100% poppycock.
Edited for content. -Z-man.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:31 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

So does anyone still honestly believe that labor would fare better under a Democrat? If so, please enlighten me on any pro-labor bills that Bubba may have signed.

As an avid outdoorsman, I have a great deal of interest in environmental issues. The knee-jerk reaction, when asked to choose between red and blue on environmental issues, is certainly to go with the blue. They have cultivated a much "greener" public image than the Republicans. Like many of these issues, however, when one digs below the superficial surface presented to the vast unkowing public, it gets much more complicated. I really don't think there is much to choose between the parties on this issue. The left certainly has more than its share of environmental whackos, but the real leadership on the left does little more than smile and pat their hands. The Dem's real money comes from the same big-business and industrial sources as the Republicans, and both sides listen to the money.

As far as the individual men's leadership qualities, hands down Dubya wins. Kerry has nutured one of the finest public service careers in the best liberal tradition. He hasn't done a damn thing. When you stack up the bills he has authored or co-authored, much less succeeded in pushing through to passing and getting signed, against his glad-handing photo ops, we all know which wins. Maybe Kerry could have "led" us Bubba style in non-turbulant times; not doing anything to get in the way. Unfortunately, we find ourselves in turbulent times. We need leadership. Dubya provides that, Kerry never has.
'93 Ducati 900 Super Sport
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 11-04-2005, 11:03 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal911SC
Having a President and a Congress from different parties seems to work best. I'm a registered Republican, but I have to say, that for having control of the presidency and the congress, these current republicans have really screwed things up.

With Gore, the biggest mistake, invading Iraq, most certainly would not have been made. That decision was almost as bizarre and inexplicable as the Harriet Miers nomination - and was similar to the Miers debacle because it was a decision that only Bush would have made (I don't think any other president, repub or dem, would have done that).

I find it hard to believe that with a Dem pres and a Repub congress, we would have blown through the budget surplus like we did. I find it hard to believe that spending could be any MORE than it has been.

In short, it's pretty hard to imagine things being worse.

I think this is going to become even more evident in 2006, when the housing bubble collapses, consumer spending dries up, our fake, smoke and mirrors "economic recovery" is exposed, and our economy totally tanks into a huge recession.
This would be one of the rare occasions where we agree completely.
'13 Chevy Volt parts fetcher
Old 11-04-2005, 11:07 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by slakjaw
Edited - Z-man.
Edited -Zman.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:17 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

At the time, one would have had some idea of the impact Kerry or Bush would have made and voted your choice. That's what an informed electorate does, but no one really knows for sure unless you have a special relationship with crystal balls. However, if you could have predicted what eventually happens during his watch (up to this point) and still vote for him, you are a fool and an idiot. Sorry.

Sherwood
Old 11-04-2005, 11:49 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal911SC
I'm a registered Republican, but I have to say, that for having control of the presidency and the congress, these current republicans have really screwed things up.

In short, it's pretty hard to imagine things being worse.

I think this is what you get when you ask a group of people to run an organization they hate. Nobody understands the things they hate.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:51 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

I did not vote for Kerry, I voted against Bush.

I'm sure Kerry would have sucked, but at least his mistakes would probably not have lead us to the unfolding disaster we see today.
2004 Lexus RX330
No matter how responsible he may seem, never give your gun to a monkey.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:05 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Just had to share this one.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:52 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

More like "If you really are as dumb as mommy says you are, why did you do so much better in school than the guy who shot my cousin in the back and gave himself a medal for it?"
'93 Ducati 900 Super Sport
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"

Last edited by Jeff Higgins; 11-04-2005 at 01:21 PM..
Old 11-04-2005, 01:17 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Higgins
More like "If you really are as dumb as mommy says you are, why did you do so much better in school than the guy who shot my cousin in the back and gave himself a medal for it?"

What?

Friday must be double dose Kool-Aid day.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:24 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: