Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Palin-stinian refugees are ON THE WAY to South Florida~

It wasn't good enough for BP to turn the Gulf of Mexico into vinaigrette...now Florida's famous beaches are about to be destroyed by the oil industry.

There is no way to get around the necessity to drill for oil in the gulf. And it is good policy- every drop of oil extracted from the Gulf of Mexico is one less drop that has to come here from the Persian Gulf, and that is a big plus. I'm not at all against drilling out there- thousands of jobs depend on this, and many of the people who work in this industry are Porsche and 928 owners, and they use their discretionary income to spend money on the various 928 vendors, keeping them alive so that I can buy a part when I want.

-At the same time, I can't have several of my neighbors loose their houses because the tourism industry job that they have went away due to the fact that the waves down at Fort Lauderdale beach look like waves of roofing tar. That would destroy half the livelihoods in the community, and would ruin the value of my property. A full-on destruction of the Florida coast would probably cost me upwards of $100,000!

Hello?

NOT to MENTION the fact that I enjoy the natural environment of Florida. For example, I like to go down to Key West twice per year to just party my ass off. Duval street rules! Well, I don't take the 928- I take my '97 Ford Aerostar. This simple car sits way high off the road, and the result is that when I drive over the bridges between the keys, the views are breath-taking. I've taken that van down there with my tent and a 12 pack and I've had a GREAT time! I really love the natural nature of the Florida Keys, and if they weren't such a pain-in-the-ass expensive and hard to get-to, I'd live there now.

[Apparently, the US Government department that regulates offshore oil platforms was in bed with the oil companies. What surprises me is that this occurs during Barry Obama's tenure in the White House. I guess, that despite the major change at the top, that the rest of the government just kind of stays the way it is, unless the commander in chief expressly reviews EACH office and personally reworks them.]

That office has been reamed out beyond belief at this point!

Anyway, I've come up with a NEW TERM: Palin-stinians.

-These are the tar blobs washing ashore in south Florida. These are definitely illegal immigrants to South Florida, and I want them rounded up and sent back to where they belong!

N!

PS: HOH! I wonder if the Tea-Party people are going to fight

Well, it is all about to be wrecked by BP. Apparently, the oil from that wrecked oil well
Old 05-19-2010, 03:52 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Old 05-19-2010, 03:52 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: