Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

View Poll Results: The Operative Political Reality In The World
Yes it is a baseball bat to the back of the head 6 60.00%
No it isn't a baseball bat to the back of the head 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
A Man of Wealth and Taste

The Operative Political Reality In The World

This is really going to be simple...Either you believe that the operative political reality in the world is a baseball bat to the back of the head..or put another way a bullet to the back of the head...aka "The Lubyanka Solution." or you don't believe this is the operative political reality in the world..What do u believe?

I already know the predilections of how many of you are going to answer. I am wondering just how many surprises I am going to get.

BTW don't give me any grey area BS..this is a yes or no choice, one or the other..in others words in an abstract absolute state which way do U fall?

NOW PLEASE VOTE!

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM

Last edited by tabs; 06-03-2010 at 12:45 PM..
Old 06-03-2010, 12:33 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

BTW There are 4 choices for U to make...a yes vote, a no vote a NON vote and a vote with reasoning presented....the vote with reasoning is in reality going to be a vote with essentially the same reasoning presented no matter which way you do vote.

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 06-03-2010, 01:20 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Detached Member

For the USA it will not be, a baseball bat to the head. It will be a continual erosion of our liberties, freedoms and giving our money (excuse me, the Chinese money) to others until there is nothing left and then we collectively look around and wonder WTF happened.
30 Rudge Whitworth Grand Prix Ulster (Factory racer which competeted in the 1930 World Cup at the Isle of Man) Check out the British bike article I posted on my Rudge at this link http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/433622-my-1930-rudge-whitworth-british-bike-magazine-pics.html
Old 06-03-2010, 01:25 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
For the USA it will not be, a baseball bat to the head. It will be a continual erosion of our liberties, freedoms and giving our money (excuse me, the Chinese money) to others until there is nothing left and then we collectively look around and wonder WTF happened.
So Greed, fear and more greed is not operative? There are many ways to figurativily apply a baseball bat...one is to say..she is making up these crazy stories and is a stalker, until a blue dress appeared Or until the WH said Clinton made the call...or as Dennis Miller says, "Sestak is about to be rolled."

Whether it is literal or figurative it amounts to the same thing, it is only a matter of degree to which we will go.

BTW Hugh you are a brave man..and your vote did surprise...

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM

Last edited by tabs; 06-03-2010 at 01:58 PM..
Old 06-03-2010, 01:44 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I knew there wouldn't be many who would vote on this one...that is why I said Hugh is a brave man..because he was the first to take a stand on his convictions. So you know what I think if you had read this Thread and made the choice not to vote.

Second this Thread scared me and it may have been the better part of valor never to have posted it? However this morning after seeing the markets drop because of what Obama said and the shear stupidity of it...I was in an angry mood at stupidity and self deception.

Third basically i don't vote in my own Polls as I don't want to skew the results..also it is rather obvious as to what my vote would be..

Fourth a yes vote is a Realists vote...in this world horrible things take place and we are all capable of doing them..so yes I am a barbarous little monkey in a tree. Once you own that fact you can transcend being a barbarous little monkey as you have a choice.

Fifth a no vote is basically delusional..as you have not accepted that men can do horrible things and as such have a blind spot in yourself , in which you might find yourself doing something that you might not like yourself for. If one is in doubt, go ask the Germans about it.

Sixth...a vote with reasoning...it doesn't matter which way you vote the reasoning is going to be about the same, which is yes we are barbaric little monkeys but we can transcend our nature.

Seventh the absolute nature of the choices is to push you into moral relevancy..for you to make a choice and not hide behind moral ambiguity..

With this my little epistemological experiment is over..

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 06-03-2010, 11:56 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

not a bat
it is more like a saw cutting away the flesh of a very intoxicated drunk
most are too high to notice and if lucky it will be over before coming down

as the saw cuts to the bone

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."--Benito Mussolini
Old 06-04-2010, 04:12 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
It is the norm of human existence. Governance in these United States has been hijacked from The People for the exclusive use of an elite. As was the fate of Rome, so too it happens with this great experiment that was the product of men of vision, conviction, belief in one greater than them and love for their fellow man.

We have entered a time when nothing happens by chance. Rather the crises which we face happen as part of an elaborate plan that always enhances the power and influence of the elite. The cost is always our liberty.
Lothar of the Hill People Gruppe B #33

The Founders would vomit at the sight of the government that the People's lack of vigilance has permitted to take hold.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:42 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
I knew there wouldn't be many who would vote on this one...
No offense, but I haven't voted because I thought the poll was just dumb.
If i voted either way it would indicate that I agree with either position and I don't.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:29 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
1966 912

just don't bring a bat to a gun fight-
Old 06-04-2010, 06:33 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Information Junky

a baseball bat (to the back of the head) is but ONE tool used in the arsenal of political battles.

. .. and not always to the back of the head. Sometimes, a limping, whimpering, opponent is a good on-going reminder to others.

Last edited by island911; 06-04-2010 at 07:09 AM..
Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Ohhh Pleze the choice of metaphor is irrelevant, the idea is clear and concise.

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 06-04-2010, 07:18 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Detached Member

I think I mis-read the question. I voted "No" in the context of the USA (read my earlier post). In terms of the World, definitely "Yes". When you said "Baseball bat to the back of the head" I was assuming you meant "is the ROW headed that way?" and I would agree. In the USA metaphorically I would have to agree in terms of more and more regulation, taxes and continued erosion of our liberties. I think Americans will take it and take it, like slowly boiling a frog.
30 Rudge Whitworth Grand Prix Ulster (Factory racer which competeted in the 1930 World Cup at the Isle of Man) Check out the British bike article I posted on my Rudge at this link http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=433622
Old 06-04-2010, 03:48 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!
B(.)(.)BS

tabs i thought of you a few days ago... i saw a beefy guy at the buffet and thought "a man of wealth and class". what's up with the a "man of wealth and taste"???
Old 06-04-2010, 06:30 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Faster in reverse.

I would say no.

In the USA it's more like a wiffle-ball bat to the back of the head. They won't destroy America with one hard swing, it will be many weaker swings with less damaging device.

The question is... when will we wear a helmet?

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 06-04-2010, 07:24 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I would say no.

In the USA it's more like a wiffle-ball bat to the back of the head. They won't destroy America with one hard swing, it will be many weaker swings with less damaging device.

The question is... when will we wear a helmet?
With Comrade Joe Stalin...there was a bell in the Supreme Soviet to tell the members when they could stop clapping for Comrade Stalin. No one wanted to be the first to stop clapping...everyone of them knew that all it would take is a fleeting second of doubt in Stalin's mind and off to the Lubyanka you went for a bullet in the back of the head and a quick burial in a shallow grave. That is taking it to the ultimate extreme...or you could be Clinton and start claiming she is a crazy beotch that is making up stories and is in fact a stalker..that is until a blue dress suddenly made that inoperative..it all is the same..getting rid of your political opposition in any way that you can...it is only a mater of degree to which you are willing to go to achieve your goal.

In the US we are civilized barbarous monkeys..we don't tend to kill our opposition we discredit, drop a dime, or try and catch them with their paths down..We have not yet descended into the the morass most of the world finds itself in...Take a look at what the Massad did to the Hamas agent in Dubai..and that is a western style Democracy that did that...as one relativily bad example on my part..but it does illustrate the point you get rid of your opposition...in one way or another.

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 06-04-2010, 07:49 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: