Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Tree-Hugging Member

AZ 1070 is working already

Driving back from a client meeting on Monday I was listening to Marketplace; they had a segment on Arizona's Immigration Enforcement law and how it was already forcing illegals out of the state. Some are returning home - as they should - others planning to continue evading the law in other states.

Very interesting program. Marketplace usually does excellent work, but I found myself getting rather annoyed at a school official who was complaining that they will not be getting tax money for the illegals that are leaving the school (tough schist - they shouldn't be getting money for illegals under any circumstances). There was also an interview of a Leticia Munoz who has been a fugitive for 10 years and wants to stay. They had to conduct the interview in Spanish - 10 years in the US and can't answer a simple question in English?!?!?! WTF!

It appears that AZ is just seeing the beginning of a major exodus of fugitives leaving the state. Good on ya, AZ!! Here's hoping the sanity spreads.

Hispanics leave AZ over immigrant law | Marketplace From American Public Media
http://download.publicradio.org/podcast/marketplace/pm/2010/06/14/marketplace_cast1_20100614_64.mp3?_kip_ipx=2006625 246-1276897261
Old 06-18-2010, 01:42 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
We've been losing illegal residents probably faster than we've been getting new ones in the last few years. A lot of them go to CA. I think it's great. The news stories around here are totally pro-illegal and lament businesses that close because they only cater to illegals. Gee, breaks my heart. Don't let the door hit you.....
Old 06-18-2010, 01:58 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Honor Animus Vis Equorum

Garage
I (heart) AZ.

If there were a job there for me I'd be there tomorrow. I schit not.

Is it paranoia if everyone really IS out to get me?

Starve all trolls - do not quote or respond to them.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:02 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Tree-Hugging Member

We need a lot of that here. I just do not understand how some people "think".
Old 06-18-2010, 02:03 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Faster in reverse.

Yes, they are coming here. While there are more "rule of law" cities standing up, just as many "sanctuary" cities are welcoming illegals with open arms. San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego... It's just more burden for us tax-paying folk -- and please, don't give the shribe about how "they pay tax too". So what, they pay 10.75% sales tax but what about the other income taxes? SS tax? Unemployment/disability insurance? Who pays when they go to a publicly-funded hospital and skirt the bill? Who pays for the scholarships their illegal kids get? Who pays for their public P-12 education for said kids?

We, the Citizens and legal residents, do.

We should load them up on busses and ship them out for all I care. If you're not here legally GTFO or find a business to sponsor you for a work visa!!!

"Never break more than you can fix!" - SoCal Driver - We'll miss ya good buddy.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:34 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned

San Juan Capistrano is a sanctuary city. Lots of Mexican gangs there.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:11 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Well any Liberal on this Board that has a kid in Public School is getting fked and they don't even know it...They are paying for their kid to be educated, so that they can get that Middle Class wage paying job when they graduate. What they are in fact getting is a dumbed down failing educational system where their kid will be lucky to be able to get a job a MickyD's. So Lib's keep on protesting about the rights of illegals...your kid is the one taking it up the azz...

Your kid is being shortchanged educationally, your kid is going to be stuck with the bill of repaying the National Debt. Your kid will be living a much reduced lifestyle with much reduced opportunities..

Think not...the last I checked about 50% of kids going to the CSU system could not work up to college level English or Math...they had to take BONEHEAD classes to bring them up to speed...LOL...

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 06-19-2010, 02:24 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

So their all coming to California.....uh u mean the central valley right? Great, give it another 5 years for this next crop of pups to start gang bangin.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:53 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Well any Liberal on this Board that has a kid in Public School is getting fked and they don't even know it...They are paying for their kid to be educated, so that they can get that Middle Class wage paying job when they graduate. What they are in fact getting is a dumbed down failing educational system where their kid will be lucky to be able to get a job a MickyD's. So Lib's keep on protesting about the rights of illegals...your kid is the one taking it up the azz...

Your kid is being shortchanged educationally, your kid is going to be stuck with the bill of repaying the National Debt. Your kid will be living a much reduced lifestyle with much reduced opportunities..

Think not...the last I checked about 50% of kids going to the CSU system could not work up to college level English or Math...they had to take BONEHEAD classes to bring them up to speed...LOL...
According to the California education department 25% of all students in the California public school system k-12 are English learners. In other words, is not fluent in English. 1 out of 4.
Public school has always tended to be dumbed down to the slowest learner's level and if they don't speak English that has to be pretty darned slow.

On the other hand, my son goes to a blue ribbon school for academic performance.
It earned that distinction because the students scored in the top 10% of all PRIVATE schools in the nation. That's roughly equivalent to scoring in the top 1% when compared to public schools.
And he has earned the highest composite score of any student in the school 4 years in a row.
In fact he has been taking the Iowa skills and aptitude test every year and has earned a composite score of 99 every year.
That means he scored higher than 99% of all students nationally that took that test. Oh, that's also the highest score possible.
I asked him once if he tried really hard when he takes that test. He said not really, he just goes as fast as he can because he likes finishing way ahead of everyone else. There's a life lesson in there.

Yes it is a private school, yes every single student is fluent in English, and yes it is expensive.
Hey someone has to run the companies, you can't expect very many of the products of the public school system to be able to do it.

Last edited by sammyg2; 06-19-2010 at 06:35 AM..
Old 06-19-2010, 06:24 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
According to the California education department 25% of all students in the California public school system k-12 are English learners. In other words, is not fluent in English. 1 out of 4.
Public school has always tended to be dumbed down to the slowest learner's level and if they don't speak English that has to be pretty darned slow.
Sammy,

Actually, the dumbing down started in either 1975 or 1978 with a landmark court decision. I am not sure of the title, but it was something like "Gonzales v Board of Education". And I could be way off on that case cite, but the case exists. What it essentially did was establish a priority on the low performers, in other words it mandated the taking of funding from the high achievement section, which ended up taking away the vocational stuff to placate kids that had no business being, "mainstreamed".

This mid-70's in California had a bunch of things that occurred that have damaged the state.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:30 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Honor Animus Vis Equorum

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal16
Sammy,

Actually, the dumbing down started in either 1975 or 1978 with a landmark court decision. I am not sure of the title, but it was something like "Gonzales v Board of Education". And I could be way off on that case cite, but the case exists. What it essentially did was establish a priority on the low performers, in other words it mandated the taking of funding from the high achievement section, which ended up taking away the vocational stuff to placate kids that had no business being, "mainstreamed".

This mid-70's in California had a bunch of things that occurred that have damaged the state.
A lot of them happened under the watch of then-governor moonbeam (Brown). Doesn't that just give ya a nice warm, soft fuzzy feeling knowing he's only a few months from being re-installed to that office?

CA is so phuched it's not even funny.

Is it paranoia if everyone really IS out to get me?

Starve all trolls - do not quote or respond to them.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:56 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile View Post
A lot of them happened under the watch of then-governor moonbeam (Brown). Doesn't that just give ya a nice warm, soft fuzzy feeling knowing he's only a few months from being re-installed to that office?

CA is so phuched it's not even funny.
For those of us that were around for him we remember.

I did some research on the school cases and the history and came up with some interesting Links:

Separate And Unequal: Serrano Played an Important Role in Development of Scho...

Discusses the series of cases that the California Supreme Court acted on. The series was Serrano vs Priest (1976) and the series of cases that followed. It is in fact the redistribution of wealth and the taking of local control of the schools and shifting it to the State.

Here is an interesting history of what has happened. For those of us that remember, there was a time when California Schools were tops in the nation. Look at the history of how that was changed. In the future don't stick the blame on the teachers, they are not the decision makers. The Unions are a part of the degradation, but their acts have taken power from the teachers and placed into the political power picture.

Here is the other link:

State Funding of Education
Old 06-19-2010, 10:04 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!
Detached Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
where their kid will be lucky to be able to get a job a MickyD's. ...
I don't think you can work at a MickyD's in California if you don't speak fluent Spanish.
30 Rudge Whitworth Grand Prix Ulster (Factory racer which competeted in the 1930 World Cup at the Isle of Man) Check out the British bike article I posted on my Rudge at this link http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/433622-my-1930-rudge-whitworth-british-bike-magazine-pics.html
Old 06-19-2010, 03:58 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Has anyone seen this? Can this be true or just some incredible editing?
YouTube - Obama Gives Part of Arizona to Mexicans
Old 06-19-2010, 05:55 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Banned

The election slogan for California during the governors race,

If It's Brown, Flush It Down.

and
I do like Governor Brewer but I sure wish she would do something with her hair, it just looks bad.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:07 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
B58/732

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyGon View Post
I do like Governor Brewer but I sure wish she would do something with her hair, it just looks bad.
It's a relative thing. Remember we put up with Napoli-MAN-o for quite a few years.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:34 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaust6024 View Post
Has anyone seen this? Can this be true or just some incredible editing?
YouTube - Obama Gives Part of Arizona to Mexicans
That is true, but that area has been closed for several years.
Obama didn't give it away unless his total refusal to stop the infiltration and invasion can be considered giving our country away.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: