Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Ronald Wilson Reagan: The Original Tea Partier (video)

Funny how we're fighting the same battles almost half a century later... Reagan was clearly the greatest president of the 20th century, if not ever.

Long, but well worth it!

Last edited by aways; 06-26-2010 at 09:17 AM..
Old 06-26-2010, 08:53 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Great address. Goldwater got my vote in my first presidential election. You had to be 21 to vote back then.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:21 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Some of us revere Ronald Reagan, others prefer Gorbachev.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:10 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
Some of us revere Ronald Reagan, others prefer Gorbachev.
Truth....Our mainstream press lived up to Rush's analysis, when he said they were having a "Gorbasm"...
Old 06-26-2010, 01:03 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Band.

Send a message via AIM to Gogar
He didn't say "umm" once. Not once. Didn't really need to move his hands around, either. Those were the days.
1995 Triumph Daytona SuperIII
1996 Ducati 900 SS/SP
Old 06-27-2010, 08:27 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

No teleprompters back then, either... I was in the London airport Sept. of '80...a liberal NYC lady said to me, "Surely you're not going to vote for that 'cowboy'."

My reponse: "Just watch me."
Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Interesting. I don't have time now to listen to the whole thing but the first few minutes regarding the debt makes one think.

Which administration or administrations have run up the greatest amount of debt?

Here's what Reagan said before Nancy's dad sat him down to inform him about the elite in our country.

YouTube - Reagan Campaigns for Truman in 1948
'69 912 Coupe
'69 Beetle
Old 06-27-2010, 10:44 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Gotta love Reagan. He could drive up the deficit, raise taxes, trade weapons with the enemy, offshore our future, import drugs. He was a horrible president, although without Reagan you wouldn't of had a George Bush Jr.
Reagan set the bar so low that Bush Jr could be elected.

Here is what normal people thought about Reagan.

"They told stories about how inattentive and inept the President was.... They said he wouldn't come to work--all he wanted to do was to watch movies and television at the residence."
--Jim Cannon (an aide to Howard Baker) reporting what Reagan's underlings told him, Landslide: The Unmaking of the President: 1984-88

"This President is treated by both the press and foreign leaders as if he were a child.... It is major news when he honors a political or economic discussion with a germane remark and not an anecdote about his Hollywood days."
--Columnist Richard Cohen

"What planet is he living on?"
--President Mitterand of France poses this question about Reagan to Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau.

"He demonstrated for all to see how far you can go in this life with a smile, a shoeshine and the nerve to put your own spin on the facts."
--David Nyhan, Boston Globe columnist

"an amiable dunce"
--Clark Clifford (former Defense Secretary)

"Poor dear, there's nothing between his ears."
--British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher

"...like reinventing the wheel."
--Larry Speakes (Reagan's former press secretary) describing what it was like preparing the President for a press conference, Speaking Out: The Reagan Presidency from Inside the White House

"The task of watering the arid desert between Reagan's ears is a challenging one for his aides."
--Columnist David Broder

"He has the ability to make statements that are so far outside the parameters of logic that they leave you speechless"
--Patti Davis (formerly Patricia Ann Reagan), talking about her father, The Way I See It

Cowboys and Idiots: The Ronald Reagan Presidency

You guys are going to run another actor aren't you? That's hilarious.

"Blind respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth"
Old 06-27-2010, 11:15 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: