Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Is that the best you can do??

"No shat Sherlock". Can you imagine a Johnson, Kennedy or even a Jimmy Carter doing this? How stupid does Obama think the voters are? Why alienate a non partisan group devoted to helping business- particularly small ones?

From Stuart Gottlieb
Director of policy studies, the Jackson Institute for Global Affairs at Yale University :

We all know politics ain't beanbag. And we all know that campaigns can bring out the worst in everyone, especially in a campaign season like this one. And we all know that the idea that Obama was going to "transform American politics" was a myth, much like the Yeti, or its North American cousin, the Sasquatch.

But Obama and the DNC's baseless attacks on alleged foreign corporate donations to conservative political campaign organizations -- as if private liberal campaign groups have not reaped in tens of millions of dollars from undisclosed corporate and other funding sources since 2006 -- is simply astounding.

Let's put it this way: When the New York Times, Washington Post, and CBS News all declare the attacks to be without merit, something, somewhere, has gone very, very, wrong in Democratic Party Land.

Take a look at this video clip from yesterday's Face the Nation. When Bob Schieffer says to David Axelrod "three weeks out of an election ... is that the best you can do?" tell me Axelrod did not look just like Dan Quayle after Lloyd Bentsen hit him with the "you're no Jack Kennedy" line in the 1988 vice presidential debate.

As Axelrod's colorless face attests: when you've lost Bob Schieffer, you've seriously lost your way.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:47 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

It is the best they can do, they can't run on a record of massive spending and bankrupting America. Even tho they would love to.
I thought the Axe should have got hammered more.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:53 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Who did the what now?

Garage
You know how many Democratic politicians are running on their record of accomplishments this time around?

None of them.

How many people has Mr Obama campaigned for that have actually won?

Mark Donahue
Old 10-12-2010, 06:59 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

And now Biden is out there, but I guess he was always out there, trying to trash Carl Rove, I would love to see Biden and Rove on TV debating. They might have to give Biden one of obama's teleprompters and an earphone for that.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:27 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Yesterday Biden said if he's proven wrong about their (totally baseless) claim on the Chamber of Commerce using foreign money to buy campaign ads, he'll "stand corrected." WTF does that mean? Does that mean he'll admit it in public? Seems to me he's already been proven wrong. If Axelrod couldn't come up with a case on Slay the Nation last weekend, we all know Biden ain't gonna make it.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:38 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyGon View Post
It is the best they can do, they can't run on a record of massive spending and bankrupting America. Even tho they would love to.
I thought the Axe should have got hammered more.
I'm amazed how you guys talk about massive spending and bankrupting America by Democrats and completely ignore what the GOP has done since 1981. It is truly astounding! I keep trying to ignore it here on PARF but sometimes I just have this small glimmer of hope that somebody on the GOP side will enlighten me with these facts that I just can't seem to find. Somebody please show me what I'm missing!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:31 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Banned

[QUOTE=David;5611968]I'm amazed how you guys talk about massive spending and bankrupting America by Democrats and completely ignore what the GOP has done since 1981. It is truly astounding! I keep trying to ignore it here on PARF but sometimes I just have this small glimmer of hope that somebody on the GOP side will enlighten me with these facts that I just can't seem to find. Somebody please show me what I'm missing![/QUOTE]

THE LAST TWO YEARS OF OBAMA, THE LAST FOUR YEARS OF PELOZI.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:11 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I'm amazed how you guys talk about massive spending and bankrupting America by Democrats and completely ignore what the GOP has done since 1981. It is truly astounding! I keep trying to ignore it here on PARF but sometimes I just have this small glimmer of hope that somebody on the GOP side will enlighten me with these facts that I just can't seem to find. Somebody please show me what I'm missing!

you are missing a Faux News brain implant

the zombies who post here most of the time all have one and it never tells them the whole truth
Old 10-12-2010, 04:33 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWebb View Post
you are missing a Faux News brain implant

the zombies who post here most of the time all have one and it never tells them the whole truth
Yes, since Fox News wasn't around for about 17 yrs. after 1981, I was missing that brain implant for most of the time David is referring to. Nevermind that I was in grade school and junior high at that time and had other things on my mind.

But since you have such a hard-on for Fox, can you name one or two stories they've gotten wrong, had to retract, or someone they've fired for being an idiot or, well, can you rebut anything without invoking Fox as a blanket statement? I mean, you're a smart guy and all, so we kind of expect stronger arguments from you.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:39 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Banned

Here Rick - knock yourself out:
The Most Biased Name in News

you may want to consider an upgrade to Wm. Kristol - he is intellectually honest
Old 10-12-2010, 04:56 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
That's a real impressive opinion piece from nine years ago that still doesn't refute a single news story Fox did even up to 2001. I guess their shoddy reporting didn't start until later, eh? Too bad fair.org can't distinguish between political talk shows and news reporting on the same channel.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:07 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Who did the what now?

Garage
David, you must have slept through the *****ing about Republicans spending their asses off.

I don't think this place existed in 1981

Mark Donahue
Old 10-12-2010, 07:57 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Here Rick - knock yourself out:
The Most Biased Name in News
Once again you failed to answer the question.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:40 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairns View Post
Once again you failed to answer the question.
And I would add to this that JUST because someone is biased one way or another, does not automatically mean they are wrong.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:27 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Oh and also, while there is no real debating that the Republicans have spent alot in the past, on what planet does the thinking that while in a recession, one would choose to try and beguile the American public into believeing that this "Stimulus" package is anything other than a cropny filled pork laden tub of horsecrap?

Really, you can't get past the facts that the "Stimulus" was anything but, and it's all on paper (internet) for people to understand just how stupid Demo ideas are.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:33 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:

Old 10-13-2010, 06:08 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

I wonder what David would say to those 2 graphs posted by Roy.
1983 VW Westfalia
1989 VW Syncro Tristar Doka
Old 10-13-2010, 06:21 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Who did the what now?

Garage
I would guess something along the lines of "Bush lied, and you are stupid partisan hacks."

Mark Donahue
Old 10-13-2010, 07:19 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobra View Post
I would guess something along the lines of "Bush lied, and you are stupid partisan hacks."
I would say Bush's budgets were 2002 to 2009 so the graph being shown as Bush's being 2001 to 2008 is incorrect.

Yes the 2009 stimus came under Obama, but the vast majority of the 2009 deficit was from Bush.

(Oops, I meant to quote Charlie)
Old 10-13-2010, 09:35 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
I would say Bush's budgets were 2002 to 2009 so the graph being shown as Bush's being 2001 to 2008 is incorrect.

Yes the 2009 stimus came under Obama, but the vast majority of the 2009 deficit was from Bush.

(Oops, I meant to quote Charlie)
Are you sure it isn't from . . oh I don't know. . . maybe those who set the budget?

...who are they called? ..."Congress"?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:58 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)
Old 10-13-2010, 09:58 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: