Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Honor Animus Vis Equorum

Garage
More hypocrisy from the left...

So much for all that feigned outrage after the shooting of Congresswoman Giffords a few months ago, particularly at Sarah Palin and other conservatives for supposedly helping to foster a combattive and potentially violent political atmosphere by using posters with cross-hairs superimposed over pictures of rival candidates who were being politically targeted for unseating, and for phrases like, "don't retreat, reload" (I actually really like that one, but I digress...)

So now here we have an Obama insider talking about how to "Kill Romney". Uh-huh. Where's the media to whip up the masses and cry foul now? Where's the outrage? Where's the wailing and gnashing of teeth?

*cricket* *cricket*

Yep.

Thought so.

It'll be funny to see Obama's homies spend lots of money and resources trying to "kill Romney" only to have Rick Perry and/or Michele Bachmann win the nomination anyway. LOL!

- - - - -

Barack Obama's 2012 plan: 'Kill Romney' - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

- - - - -

Barack Obama's 2012 plan: 'Kill Romney'
By ALEXANDER BURNS | 8/9/11 6:53 AM EDT

Barack Obama’s aides and advisers are preparing to center the president’s re-election campaign on a ferocious personal assault on Mitt Romney’s character and business background, a strategy grounded in the early stage expectation that the former Massachusetts governor is the likely GOP nominee.

The dramatic and unabashedly negative turn is the product of political reality. Obama remains personally popular, but pluralities in recent polling disapprove of his handling of his job and Americans fear the country is on the wrong track. His aides are increasingly resigned to running for re-election in a glum nation. And so the candidate who ran on “hope” in 2008 has little choice four years later but to run a slashing, personal campaign aimed at disqualifying his likeliest opponent.

In a move that will make some Democrats shudder, Obama’s high command has even studied President Bush’s 2004 takedown of Sen. John F. Kerry, a senior campaign adviser told POLITICO, for clues on how a president with middling approval ratings can defeat a challenger.

“Unless things change and Obama can run on accomplishments, he will have to kill Romney,” said a prominent Democratic strategist aligned with the White House. [Well, any chance of Obama "running on accomplishments" is nil so this pretty much shows their hand now, doesn't it?]

The onslaught would have two aspects. The first is personal: Obama’s re-elect will portray the public Romney as inauthentic, unprincipled and, in a word used repeatedly by Obama’s advisers in about a dozen interviews, “weird” ...

The second aspect of the campaign to define Romney is his record as CEO of Bain Capital, a venture capital firm which was responsible for both creating and eliminating jobs. Obama officials intend to frame Romney as the very picture of greed in the great recession – a sort of political Gordon Gekko.

Is it paranoia if everyone really IS out to get me?

Starve all trolls - do not quote or respond to them.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:47 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Information Overloader

It is not hypocrisy when the left does it. Just as a snake will always be a snake and not surprising when it bites, the left will always be the left. Them screaming 'Do as I say, not as I do' is not surprising. It is not hypocrisy when the left does it. We need to get over it, deal with it and defeat the left with the Tea Party and the Tea Partiers philosphy of no more tax increases. The enemy has been defined and the lines are being drawn. The left is not hypocrisy, it is simply the left.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:13 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn

Garage
Is that posted on the president's re-election campaign site- or is that hearsay o'phile?

I notice it is an unnamed source.

You will have to admit that hearsay (or even conversation that is behind closed doors, between campaign strategists, not public fodder) is different than actually posting crosshairs and 'taken 'em down' on your website.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:23 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Ficus obfuscates again
Old 08-09-2011, 05:27 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn

Garage
heck, if it were posted on a website - we would probably be comparing apples to apples - as it is, there isn't anything here but 'pretense'

Politics isn't all sweetness and light, especially behind closed doors - but, that is quite different than the message that you come out with once those meetings adjourn.

I have sat in hundreds of strategy meetings - and it is like preparing for an upcoming battle. The difference is that you don't publicly use that same sort of analogy. People do stupid things, and politics is just a multiplier on that. It is one thing if I am talking to a political colleague, stating we need to knock the feet out from under Huntsman, it is a whole other thing if I post crosshairs on a public website targeting candidates that I don't agree with.

Once again James - you really have nothing to add, right? I am making a point, valid if you actually look at it, and yet, you just have to wander in, with a very weak 'discredit her' statement.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:36 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Whatever ficus
Old 08-09-2011, 05:47 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Honor Animus Vis Equorum

Garage
It was on left-leaning CNN. I posted the link and source.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Ficus is here to refute those who post information adverse to the present administration, whatever the source.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:50 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Honor Animus Vis Equorum

Garage
It'll be doubly funny when Obama tries to attack Romney over healthcare (his biggest vulnerability) but can't, cause his own HC plan is even more hated than Romney's - and is modeled after it! Hahaha! You can't make this stuff up!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:51 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn

Garage
  • said a prominent Democratic strategist aligned with the White House.

That is what you have o'phile - those words are not presented 'officially' on any campaign site.... they may (once again, all we have is hearsay from an uncredited source) have been words used behind closed doors in a strategy meeting.

As I said, certainly you can see the difference in scope and message on what is said behind a closed door political meeting, and what is posted on a publicly viewed website.
Quote:
It was on left-leaning CNN. I posted the link and source.
Ah, Politico - but, maybe somewhat left leaning - And it is still hearsay.

Last edited by foxpaws; 08-09-2011 at 05:59 AM..
Old 08-09-2011, 05:54 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile View Post
It'll be doubly funny when Obama tries to attack Romney over healthcare (his biggest vulnerability) but can't, cause his own HC plan is even more hated than Romney's - and is modeled after it! Hahaha! You can't make this stuff up!
Obama doesn't have to attack Romney on it - all he has to do is remind the right that Romney is for the same type of healthcare reform that he is for. In the case of Romney (the strongest contender for middle American the cons has out there right now), Obama is better served making sure that the far right looks elsewhere - and either puts up a 3rd party, or stays at home.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:58 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
Ficus is here to refute those who post information adverse to the present administration, whatever the source.
You actually think that the DNC is worried about a tiny Porsche website - that is funny James. How many people see this - a few dozen - snicker.... And of that few dozen are there any that could be swayed away from their POV regarding politics - snicker again.

Believe in many conspiracy theories? It looks like you have fallen into SammyGs...
Old 08-09-2011, 06:05 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Saul Alinski 101.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:26 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Obfuscating again, at no point did red say that the DNC was monitoring pelican for campaign advice or even imply such a thing.

You have a myopic view of middle america foxpaw, I have seen you write on different occassions how "middle america" would not side with Perry because of his association with rightwing religious groups.
And another thing, if you are going to bat to defend the lefts' rhetoric with regards to civility in the recent public discourse over the debt ceiling then you should bring a bigger bat. The terrorist, jihad theme run by the D's is sickening WRT the teaparty.
The walls around the kingdom of Boulder CO are distorting your view of middle america.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:30 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Perry will announce Saturday and Romney will be history....

.....then we can compare the economic record of Texas under his tenure with that of the nation under Obama's....

It's the economy stupid.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:31 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bivenator View Post
Obfuscating again, at no point did red say that the DNC was monitoring pelican for campaign advice or even imply such a thing.
That certainly looks like 'implication' to me... Who would 'place' me 'here'? It certainly looks that he is picking up on SammyGs continuing rantings that I have been 'placed' here by the powers that be...

Quote:
You have a myopic view of middle america foxpaw, I have seen you write on different occassions how "middle america" would not side with Perry because of his association with rightwing religious groups.
They won't - middle america doesn't like religion in the white house - Perry has brought religion into the governor's office, as I said he even used gubernatorial staff and letterhead to promote a religious event. That rarely 'flies' when you present that to middle America. Plus, the group Perry headlined is a pretty hateful group. Add to that he wants an amendment that defines marriage - Perry has an uphill battle in front of him (he also has a huge amount of baggage associated with him, this religious stuff is just scratching the surface).

Quote:
And another thing, if you are going to bat to defend the lefts' rhetoric with regards to civility in the recent public discourse over the debt ceiling then you should bring a bigger bat. The terrorist, jihad theme run by the D's is sickening WRT the teaparty.
The walls around the kingdom of Boulder CO are distorting your view of middle america.
And maybe you missed where I agreed that it was a poor choice of words, that terrorist wasn't a good analogy - and that the left was wrong in that case. I thought hostage was a better word choice.

However, I am quite happy within the small kingdom... we are doing pretty good here. We will need to defend the walls soon - I'll start - You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:02 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Maybe we should define "middle America" in order to clarify. For me, middle america would be between the cities of NY and LA/San Fran. Major metro areas not included.

You may not be familiar with these people, Perry is and he can play the religious card with skill. After he locks up the religious, he will then focus on the economy as the election draws closer. His message of smaller govt. (while not entirely true under his watch in TX) will resonate. It will take some serious smearing, which is how BO with run the campaign, in order to bring down Gov Goodhair.
If BO goes to the smear, then goodhair should take the high road and go to the (its the economy stupid) approach.
BO is done.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn

Garage
Middle America - isn't about location - it is about voting preference... those people that aren't ensconced in the left camp or right camp - but facilitate between the two. The ones that decide elections, those in the middle of the political spectrum.

The vast 'middle' that you describe (i.e. rural voters, or small town voters, a geological location) are usually firmly in the 'rights' pocket. They won't mind the religious tie-in as much (well, once it is discovered that Catholics aren't christian according to the group that Perry headlined - that might change some). So, they will vote as they always do - cons.

However, the voter that is politically middle, the suburban voter, the mid-sized city voter, the ones that vote sometimes Dem, sometimes GOP, that is the voter that is uncomfortable with mixing religion and politics.

That is how 'middle America' is usually defined in politics. It is in reference to politics and not geography.

From what I have seen, Perry has problems, in his closet - and those problems look to be pretty damaging once brought onto a national stage. Whether they would be enough to deny him the nomination - or the White House if he got that far - remains to be seen.

Remember, at this point it will be Romney, Bachman, et al, attacking him, not Obama as much.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Information Overloader

My experience tells me you are completely wrong about the political middle America, Fox. The politicial middle America has no qualms about relgious connections-except Muslim, right or wrong. Those middle Americans with problems with a religious tie-in are not politcal middle Americans. They are left. They will fall left every time.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:50 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn

Garage
Crowbob - I think they do - when there is a tie-in to a very evangelical group - the type of group that Perry associated with on his prayer day.

This group doesn't think that Jews have first amendment rights for instance - only Christians (and when you delve a little deeper - it really is about 'their' type of Christianity, not all Christians qualify for that 'first Amendment protection' either).

When you start to say that Jews don't have religious protection under the constitution, things get really sticky with middle America. Also, when you place into play a constitutional amendment that defines marriage - that doesn't play very well either.

We will see - I think the Republicans will destroy him before he ever gets to the ball park.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:57 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)
Old 08-09-2011, 07:57 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: