Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums
 
  Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turned On, Tuned Out
 
M.D. Holloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: I'd Rather Be...
Posts: 18,952
Do You Think Abortion = Murder

Yup, I'm a troll!

Sorry if you daughter gets raped. The crap she has to go through is inconceivable but thats doesn't mean you kill an innocent life.

Sorry if there is a chance the kid will be born not so perfect.

Don't doctors take an oath about doing no harm?
__________________
I'm Lazy, Crazy, Worthless and Weak...I don't spellchex...
Old 11-06-2011, 07:24 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
On your ignore list
 
JE928sx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: World Wide
Posts: 6,274
So make a Poll you Troll.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
nostatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 29,851
Garage
Is killing Afghans in their own country murder?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:33 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
RWebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Greater Metropolitan Nimrod, Orygun
Posts: 41,942
Is aborting Afghans in their own country murder?

and don't we need to know how far along the fetus is anyway??
Old 11-06-2011, 07:34 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Turned On, Tuned Out
 
M.D. Holloway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: I'd Rather Be...
Posts: 18,952
a) A violent political action done by the military to other combatants approved by congress is not murder.

b) as soon as a cell divides it is life and soon to be a recognized human.

and to answer the resident 'it', start your on thread with a poll if it makes life easier or more interesting.
__________________
I'm Lazy, Crazy, Worthless and Weak...I don't spellchex...
Old 11-06-2011, 07:41 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
RWebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Greater Metropolitan Nimrod, Orygun
Posts: 41,942
"as soon as a cell divides it is life and soon to be a recognized human"

that is what the Pope claims

what I want to know is how many 12 minute old blastulas have been molested by priests?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:48 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
 
Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Free Exams All November!
 
McLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: McLovin's Gynocological Clinic
Posts: 6,931
Should a woman who got knocked up Saturday night be able to drive in the carpool lane Sunday morning?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
nostatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 29,851
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeMaster77 View Post
a) A violent political action done by the military to other combatants approved by congress is not murder.
Because the law says its ok, or because the end justifies the means?

What if an innocent Afghan child is killed? Is that murder? Or does congress make that ok as well?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:57 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn
 
foxpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near the kingdom of Boulder, CO
Posts: 10,093
Garage
Lubey - if the fetus is spontaneously aborted - or miscarried because of something the mother has willingly done (lets say she voluntarily works at a job that puts her in contact with chemicals that are hazardous to fetuses), do you bring charges of murder against her?

Say she has eaten too many Big Macs while she was pregnant - and the fetus is miscarried... manslaughter?

So, every form of birth control that expels a few celled zygote is murder?
__________________
"I never bought a man that wasn't for sale."-WA Clark '87 Black Targa "Welpe" '93 Cadillac Allante "Amante" Various other boring cars
Old 11-06-2011, 08:15 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
On your ignore list
 
JE928sx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: World Wide
Posts: 6,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Should a woman who got knocked up Saturday night be able to drive in the carpool lane Sunday morning?
Now that's some funny schnit.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
French member
 
Aurel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,348
Garage
What if a pregnant afghan woman who happens to be at the wrong place and the wrong time get blown up by a drone? Did congress authorize this form of abortion?
__________________
Aurelien
'78 SC Targa, DC15 cams, backdated heat and exhaust, AC delete, Turbo tie rods
New rings on Alusils...I did it!
Hear my rebuilt motor! Dyno
Old 11-06-2011, 08:20 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Moses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: I'm out there.
Posts: 12,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeMaster77 View Post
a) A violent political action done by the military to other combatants approved by congress is not murder.
Wow. Letting government sanctify killing for political purposes hasn't worked out so well...
__________________
My work here is nearly finished.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Constitutional Patriot
 
Turbo_pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: irvine
Posts: 4,126
If a woman squeezes this little guy out and while he's gasping for breath, a doctor stabs it in the head with a pair of scissors is that murder?
All you "abortion for any reason" guys like to splash around in the hypothetical but this is a real person.



So I guess my answer to the original question is, sometimes.
__________________
Jim

"The [contemporary liberal] standard for smartness is
not achievement but glib rhetoric, smug airs and
presumptuous proposals.'
"Thomas Sowell
Old 11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
vas930's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: RYE VICTORIA AUSTRALIA
Posts: 4,547
Garage
What makes human life so sacred?
__________________
79 Silver 930 SOLD
Old 11-06-2011, 09:03 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
On your ignore list
 
JE928sx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: World Wide
Posts: 6,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_pro View Post
If a woman squeezes this little guy out and while he's gasping for breath, a doctor stabs it in the head with a pair of scissors is that murder?
All you "abortion for any reason" guys like to splash around in the hypothetical but this is a real person.

So I guess my answer to the original question is, sometimes.
The pro-choice crowd universally agree that the actions you describe after the third trimester is illegal unless the life of the mother is at risk.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Constitutional Patriot
 
Turbo_pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: irvine
Posts: 4,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by JE928sx4 View Post
The pro-choice crowd universally agree that the actions you describe after the third trimester is illegal unless the life of the mother is at risk.
He's 22 weeks and planned parenthood performs abortions at 22 weeks and later. So if you're opposed to abortions at 22 week what about 21 weeks? What happens in those 7 days?

BTW: Your guy, Obama is on record opposing providing assistance to born alive babies that survive aborts. At that point what do trimesters have to do with the equation? "universally agree" I think not.
__________________
Jim

"The [contemporary liberal] standard for smartness is
not achievement but glib rhetoric, smug airs and
presumptuous proposals.'
"Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Turbo_pro; 11-06-2011 at 09:32 PM..
Old 11-06-2011, 09:28 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn
 
foxpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near the kingdom of Boulder, CO
Posts: 10,093
Garage
What you are describing is murder and not abortion turbo pro - even partial birth abortions are illegal, let alone killing a live birth child (like in your description).
__________________
"I never bought a man that wasn't for sale."-WA Clark '87 Black Targa "Welpe" '93 Cadillac Allante "Amante" Various other boring cars
Old 11-06-2011, 09:41 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Constitutional Patriot
 
Turbo_pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: irvine
Posts: 4,126
New polls seem to show some common ground in a movement towards making abortion somewhat less available.

The Gallup poll compared the views of pro-choice and pro-life Americans to see if there is any common ground in the contentious debate and found agreement in nine specific areas. Six of those are laws promoted by pro-lifers.

For instance, 52 percent of pro-choicers and 90 percent of pro-lifers favor making abortion illegal in the second trimester. Eight states have passed laws in the past 18 months prohibiting abortion beginning at 20 weeks.

In addition, pro-choicers and pro-lifers favor laws:

-- requiring a 24-hour waiting period for women seeking an abortion (60 percent of pro-choicers and 79 percent of pro-lifers favor it).

-- requiring parental consent for minors (60 percent pro-choicers; 79 percent pro-lifers).

-- banning partial-birth abortions (63 percent pro-choicers, 68 percent pro-lifers).

-- making abortion illegal in the third trimester (79 percent pro-choicers, 94 percent pro-lifers).

-- requiring informed consent for abortion patients (86 percent pro-choicers, 87 percent pro-lifers).

Planned Parenthood, NARAL Pro-Choice America and all the major abortion groups oppose each of those restrictions.


__________________
Jim

"The [contemporary liberal] standard for smartness is
not achievement but glib rhetoric, smug airs and
presumptuous proposals.'
"Thomas Sowell
Old 11-06-2011, 09:41 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
On your ignore list
 
JE928sx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: World Wide
Posts: 6,274
I don't have a problem with any of that except no provision is made for abortion when the mother's life is in danger.

However, my ultimate opinion is that anyone without the equipment to actually be pregnant shouldn't have a say in the matter since they will never experience the consequences of the choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_pro View Post
New polls seem to show some common ground in a movement towards making abortion somewhat less available.

The Gallup poll compared the views of pro-choice and pro-life Americans to see if there is any common ground in the contentious debate and found agreement in nine specific areas. Six of those are laws promoted by pro-lifers.

For instance, 52 percent of pro-choicers and 90 percent of pro-lifers favor making abortion illegal in the second trimester. Eight states have passed laws in the past 18 months prohibiting abortion beginning at 20 weeks.

In addition, pro-choicers and pro-lifers favor laws:

-- requiring a 24-hour waiting period for women seeking an abortion (60 percent of pro-choicers and 79 percent of pro-lifers favor it).

-- requiring parental consent for minors (60 percent pro-choicers; 79 percent pro-lifers).

-- banning partial-birth abortions (63 percent pro-choicers, 68 percent pro-lifers).

-- making abortion illegal in the third trimester (79 percent pro-choicers, 94 percent pro-lifers).

-- requiring informed consent for abortion patients (86 percent pro-choicers, 87 percent pro-lifers).

Planned Parenthood, NARAL Pro-Choice America and all the major abortion groups oppose each of those restrictions.


Old 11-06-2011, 10:05 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered User
 
TheMentat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: White Rock, BC
Posts: 2,039
Garage
What's up with the 6% of Pro-Lifers that support third trimester abortions... Should they really be allowed to be a part of the pro-life club?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:37 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)
Old 11-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:16 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2011 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.