Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Uh oh, looks like someone's getting scared ... BOO!

ha ha.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:31 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
The Moral Melee

Quote:
Originally Posted by porwolf View Post
And in the Republican controlled House is where most of the poisoned pills are being planted! Republicans wants nothing to get accomplished except to defeat Obama. Screw the country!
The budget process, which I am sure you are familiar with, requires the House to pass a budget that is then submitted to the Senate.

It is odd to me that the Senate refuses to even bring the House budget up for debate and then vote, even when federal law requires them to do so.

Is it a failure of Dem leadership? A fear of owning the deficit? What? What are the Dems, who own the Senate, afraid of?

What don't the Dems want to accomplish that is in the House budget? I'm interested in your opinion, with specifics...what was the Defense appropriation, for example.

I can send you some links, very nonpartisan, just like me.

Last edited by Seahawk; 05-14-2012 at 02:47 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 02:41 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
The Moral Melee

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeinhere View Post
I think that we can all provide links to support our point of view.

What do you think of the original post?

Do you think that it all started in the mid 90's with Gingrich and his views of the Democrats as Enemies? Did this start the present day Republican party?
I am an Independent so I found the article you posted to be jejune.

You want to pick teams, I don't. How about the Dems start with a budget...then we can discuss their views.

Did you bully someone in high school? That seems really important these days. Don't deny it...
Old 05-14-2012, 03:14 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered Usurper

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk View Post
...very nonpartisan, just like me.
rotflmao
Old 05-14-2012, 03:14 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
The Moral Melee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARISC View Post
rotflmao
Focus. Tell me what you think of the House budget. This should be fish in a barrel given your intellect and ability. Take the Rep budget apart.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:19 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
The Moral Melee

I'll help. And I was wrong...the full House votes next week.

HASC Passes Fiscal 2013 Defense Policy Bill: The House Armed Services Committee passed H.R. 4310, its version of the Fiscal 2013 defense authorization bill, on May 10, providing $554 billion for base national defense activities and $88.5 billion for overseas contingency operations. The full House is expected to vote on the bill next week, according to a statement from HASC Chairman Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.). "I'm proud that our members consistently put aside personal politics to fulfill that sacred obligation to our armed forces," said McKeon. He said the committee provided "nearly $4 billion more" than the Pentagon's budget request. Among its provisions, the bill preserves funds for C-27J and C-130 transports that the Air Force wanted to retire, and it retains in service the RQ-4 Global Hawk Block 30 remotely piloted aircraft that the Air Force wanted to place in storage. It also nixes proposed cuts to A-10s and F-16s that were "slated for premature divestment prior to the forecasted service-life end of each aircraft," states McKeon's release. The bill also authorizes a 1.7 percent military pay increase.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:21 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post

Did you bully someone in high school? That seems really important these days. Don't deny it...
you seem to be thinking of spammy - he is the one who recently boasted about that
Old 05-14-2012, 03:32 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

back in the olden days, the Senate would vote on a budget. If they voted it down, the two would compromise.

How long has it been since the Senate VOTED ON a budget? Three years? Why is no one asking Harry Reid about that? And how does Newt figure in to this????
Old 05-14-2012, 03:34 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
The Moral Melee

Quote:
If my post is so simple, why are you on this strange tangents? Simply stay on topic

By the way, you may be nonpartisan but you come across as a rabid republican.
Fiscal conservative.

Socially liberal and libertarian, with exceptions.

Political parties suck. No more tangents: you keep blaming straw men and stay partisan, cheer lead your team and ignore those pesky details, like budgets and federal law.

Newt is the root cause?

Jesus.

Last edited by Seahawk; 05-14-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 03:35 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

It's a lot more basic than that. How can your party own a majority, and not own the process of voting on the budget straight up or down? They pass a budget resolution in order to spin blame off in all directions.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:44 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Registered Usurper

Quote:
...By the way, you may be nonpartisan but you come across as a rabid republican.
I told Paul that a couple threads back. That's why he's mad at me.

Oh well...
Old 05-14-2012, 04:09 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Detached Member

Typical liberals blame someone like Newt who hasn't been in the house for what? 12 years? Talk about not taking ownership of the issues over the last 3 years. I know let's blame GWB for Obama adding $4 Trillion to the deficit in 3 years. Yeah, that's the ticket.
30 Rudge Whitworth Grand Prix Ulster (Factory racer which competeted in the 1930 World Cup at the Isle of Man) Check out the British bike article I posted on my Rudge at this link http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/433622-my-1930-rudge-whitworth-british-bike-magazine-pics.html
Old 05-14-2012, 04:24 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn

Garage
Quote:
Focus. Tell me what you think of the House budget. This should be fish in a barrel given your intellect and ability. Take the Rep budget apart.
Thank you I will.

The budget was suppose to cut across the board - however the Republican budget in the House doesn't, it keeps the sacred cow of military spending. It totally ignores the BCA which both parties agreed to - during the last debt ceiling crisis - which cut spending across the board - this budget only attacks entitlements - and things like doubling the previously agreed on cuts in education spending (the BCA asked for 166 million - the Republican budget cuts 285 million. Why do the Republicans double down on other discretionary spending - so they can cut taxes for the wealthy and corporations.

Among other things, the House GOP plan calls for a reduction in individual tax rates and brackets. Instead of today's six brackets, with rates from 10% to 35%, it calls for just two -- 10% and 25%. The proposal would eliminate the Alternative Minimum Tax, while dropping the top corporate tax rate from 35% to 25%.

So - far fewer taxes will be taken in - a lot less 'income' - plus - the loopholes all still exist - they aren't shutting those down. For instance big oil still has all of its loopholes intact in the GOP budget

So - the Republicans will be taking in less money - so, they really have to cut somewhere.

And how do they pay for those tax cuts - not with military cuts - with cuts in entitlement programs - mostly SS and Medicare. They pay for their tax cuts for the wealthy on the back of seniors. They will severely cut Medicaid for our eldest in nursing homes, for low income children.

For example - the rich will see 961 million in tax cuts - and how is that paid for - by cutting 810 million in Medicaid.

The republican budget destroys pell grants - grants that are in the most part given to very poor families (75% are given to families who make less than $30,000 a year). That is to keep the oil company loopholes in place - loopholes that have returned 1 trillion to oil companies over the last 10 years.

The military - what does the republican budget do - the republicans want nearly $4 billion in spending above the amount Panetta requested. Meaning no cuts in the military budget -while programs that benefit education, seniors, the poor, the sick are decimated.

The Dems in the Senate shouldn't even pretend that what the Republicans have given them is a budget - it is not only a bloodbath - it isn't even remotely in line with the BCA which both parties agreed to only 9 months ago.

Seahawk - don't you think that the GOP should play by the rules they set up themselves just in August of last year? The Budget Control Act was largely a GOP driven set of cuts to allow the debt ceiling to be raised.

In this case it is the Republicans - creating a budget they know has absolutely no chance of passing in the Senate - and one that Obama would not sign at all. They are the ones being divisive and playing partisan politics.

Now - the GOP is reneging on the Budget Control Act - their own Act. Why?
Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!-Andy Rooney '87 Black Targa "Welpe" '93 Cadillac Allante "Amante" Various other boring cars

Last edited by foxpaws; 05-14-2012 at 06:05 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 05:31 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Liberal Prawn

Garage
Quote:
Do you read or do you just type silly crap? If you can't contribute, GTFO of my thread.

Have a nice day.
Seems a little harsh - but OK... Have fun in your playground....
Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!-Andy Rooney '87 Black Targa "Welpe" '93 Cadillac Allante "Amante" Various other boring cars
Old 05-14-2012, 06:31 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Registered Usurper

Quote:
...Take the Rep budget apart.
See Ms Foxpaws:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxpaws View Post
Thank you I will.

The budget was suppose to cut across the board - however the Republican budget in the House doesn't, it keeps the sacred cow of military spending. It totally ignores the BCA which both parties agreed to - during the last debt ceiling crisis - which cut spending across the board - this budget only attacks entitlements - and things like doubling the previously agreed on cuts in education spending (the BCA asked for 166 million - the Republican budget cuts 285 million. Why do the Republicans double down on other discretionary spending - so they can cut taxes for the wealthy and corporations.

Among other things, the House GOP plan calls for a reduction in individual tax rates and brackets. Instead of today's six brackets, with rates from 10% to 35%, it calls for just two -- 10% and 25%. The proposal would eliminate the Alternative Minimum Tax, while dropping the top corporate tax rate from 35% to 25%.

So - far fewer taxes will be taken in - a lot less 'income' - plus - the loopholes all still exist - they aren't shutting those down. For instance big oil still has all of its loopholes intact in the GOP budget

So - the Republicans will be taking in less money - so, they really have to cut somewhere.

And how do they pay for those tax cuts - not with military cuts - with cuts in entitlement programs - mostly SS and Medicare. They pay for their tax cuts for the wealthy on the back of seniors. They will severely cut Medicaid for our eldest in nursing homes, for low income children.

For example - the rich will see 961 million in tax cuts - and how is that paid for - by cutting 810 million in Medicaid.

The republican budget destroys pell grants - grants that are in the most part given to very poor families (75% are given to families who make less than $30,000 a year). That is to keep the oil company loopholes in place - loopholes that have returned 1 trillion to oil companies over the last 10 years.

The military - what does the republican budget do - the republicans want nearly $4 billion in spending above the amount Panetta requested. Meaning no cuts in the military budget -while programs that benefit education, seniors, the poor, the sick are decimated.

The Dems in the Senate shouldn't even pretend that what the Republicans have given them is a budget - it is not only a bloodbath - it isn't even remotely in line with the BCA which both parties agreed to only 9 months ago.

Seahawk - don't you think that the GOP should play by the rules they set up themselves just in August of last year? The Budget Control Act was largely a GOP driven set of cuts to allow the debt ceiling to be raised.

In this case it is the Republicans - creating a budget they know has absolutely no chance of passing in the Senate - and one that Obama would not sign at all. They are the ones being divisive and playing partisan politics.

Now - the GOP is reneging on the Budget Control Act - their own Act. Why?
Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

I might be a little slow tonight. But George was upset at Hugh for pointing out that Gingrich resigned from the House .....what 12 years ago? There have been another half dozen or so elections since then in the House. And even if he had magical powers of mental telepathy, that is a long time to attribute anything to him in American poltics. Furthermore, the Senate is the body in question, not the House. And since the Senate runs every SIX YEARS, Senators terms are even longer than U.S. Presidents, they should be less political with things like the budget.

Passing a budget is one of the most important things Congress does, and they haven't done that in what 3 years almost? Not a continuing resolution, a real budget.

The Ryan budget specifically attempts to make perceived changes to the budget resolution. Nowhere in last year's deal does it say it was a two-year deal. By definition, budgets are yearly and therefore changed every year.

What should happen is that the Senate should have an honest vote. Reject the Ryan budget if you need to, but pass a real budget. The country is going down in flames, and the Obama budget is a disaster. You don't want to KNOW how the tax laws will affect us next year. It is too frightening to contemplate. Everyone I know is trying to push as much of next year's income into this year as possible, and it's going to get uglier as the year unfolds.

I agree with whoever said last week in this forum that it's way past time to play petty partisan politics. We must fix the economy first. It was one of you Libs who wrote that, and I couldn't agree more.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:40 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Banned

IF, like foux says, the Republican Budget is worhtless, why won't the Democrat controlled Senate at least talk about it, why won't the Democrat controlled Senate bring it up and make it look bad, like foux says it is.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:05 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Detached Member

Quote:
Do you read or do you just type silly crap? If you can't contribute, GTFO of my thread.

Have a nice day.
I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to Kach22i who blamed Newt. Try to pay attention. Oh, and nice civility. It must be one of those liberal traits. you are exactly what is wrong with PARF
30 Rudge Whitworth Grand Prix Ulster (Factory racer which competeted in the 1930 World Cup at the Isle of Man) Check out the British bike article I posted on my Rudge at this link http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=433622

Last edited by Hugh R; 05-14-2012 at 08:35 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 07:32 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

look i don't blame the republicans for stonewalling, ever since obama got in office he said he would consider rep. ideas. every idea the reps had for obamacare was laughed at, said it was stupid, etc. he didn't even listen to the idea, or think about it, just dismissed it. so why should the reps even try to get along? every other word i have heard from the Dem's is tax the rich give it to the poor, kill the military, prop up the failures Freddie, Fannie, unions, social security, Medicare, etc. and don't let me get into the failures of obama's stimulus.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxpaws View Post
Thank you I will.

The budget was suppose to cut across the board - however the Republican budget in the House doesn't, it keeps the sacred cow of military spending....
If there is one thing that the Fed govt should be funding, it's defense.

Why do you frame that as if military funding is some sort of optional perk?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:33 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: