Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
I actually like this analysis better.
I actually don't. Rather than analysis it relies on opinion from such liberal stalwarts as Ezra Klein and the usual no names from Slate magazine. Do you really think that many # of jobs have been "added" because Ezra Klein says so??

I work for a government contractor who has to fill out the paperwork when jobs are "added". You basically win a government contract and the paperwork says "job created or saved". It's a joke- our employees are already employed. Then the government twists that around and uses it as propaganda. It's more meaningless paperwork- and a stupid purely political regulation that unnecessarily costs our company- and ultimately the taxpayers- more money. The statistics it measures are bull sh *t.

Like many others, our company isn't doing very well since Obama came into office. The President of our division was fired two weeks ago and hundreds have been terminated over the last two years. That's hundreds of friends and colleagues- in my company alone. I'm lucky I still work here.

You (and Ezra) should get out in the real world. Since Obama's been elected the average family has lost 40% of it's net worth (and that's a fact- not an Ezra Klein opinion), millions of people are out of work and the % of unemployed hasn't been higher since the great depression. Those are also facts- not opinions.

If things were half as rosy as Obama likes to claim he wouldn't be neck and neck in the polls with Romney and lying through his teeth in a selfish and all consuming effort to save his political hide.

Tabs is right- we've allowed ourselves and our politicians to follow forty years of bad economic policy. What he didn't mention is that Obama's diagnosis is utterly wrong and his prescription will pretty much kill the patient.

Last edited by cairns; 06-12-2012 at 11:41 AM..
Old 06-12-2012, 11:38 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairns View Post
Tabs is right- we've allowed ourselves and our politicians to follow forty years of bad economic policy. What he didn't mention is that Obama's diagnosis is utterly wrong and his prescription will pretty much kill the patient.
What don't you understand about Barrack being an "acellerant for the demise of the world economy."

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 06-12-2012, 11:44 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Just a blast from the past gospel of TABS....

Midnight At The Crossroad
Wed, 05/20/2009 - 11:38 — tabs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

America is now at the crossroads of its destiny. If the USA should choose the Obama road of increased governmental activism and determinism then our fate is sealed. President Obama has proved himself to be a pragmatic administrator, however that is not to say that his approach to solving problems is not from the left of the political spectrum. The fact that he does not please all those on the left only shows that he marches to his own vision of what America should look like. The great failing of his vision is the pejorative tones that he implicitly impugns the investor class with. His upbraiding of Chrysler Bond holders as being UN American is a prime example of this mind set. As any devotee of the rule of law would tell you the Bond holders have first call on any assets after the accounts payable are paid.

With President Obama's huge Stimulus Bill and Budget with massive deficits running well into the future it is imperative that the US mollifys any fear on the part of those who would invest in America. However this has not been the case with the Chinese and the expression of their fears. The Chinese are of a want to quietly express their concerns and to once more make a less subtle overture to make sure that one gets the message. If that message falls on deaf ears then they will then start a process of going around you. To this end the Chinese have backed off of their purchases of US Treasury debt and have started buying commodities as they have calculated that with a larger then life public debt the USD will begin to fall in value and inflation will set in.

This is not the only unintended outcome of the Obama administrations vision as the US is going to need revenue to meet its obligations taxes are going to have to be raised. This will put a further drag on the economy. As the Obama vision of America going forward requires certain new federal mandates about Carbon Caps, Increased fuel mileage, health care reform and education reform will also stymie economic growth. The end result of these new federal requirements will make the US a less than attractive place for capital to be invested. Instead of a once vibrant economy that was attractive for new capital these new regulations will not only be unattractive for new capital investment but will also drive existing capital offshore.

If this were not enough on the plate, with the recent Wall Street debacle and attending global crisis the mantle of being the preeminent financiers in the world is going to be called into question. Americans are going to be seen as less then sage investors and this will cause a reassessment in the world of Americas standing as the preeminent financiers to the world. This will end Americas dominance in the area of finance where other centers of finance will rise as gateways of capital flows. Hong Kong has long had the infrastructure of being a center of finance and trade but now would also enjoy being the gateway to the most vibrant economy in the world. It would be an easy transition from NYC to Hong Kong as being financial capital of the world.

All these factors leads one, not to the conclusion of the Obama administration that America will once again rise to its former economic glory with sustainable "Green Growth. For the underlying economic pillars of that growth will have been undermined by federal regulations, mandates and taxes. However a more plausibe scenerio will take place and that is once the Stimulus and increased Budget money wears off the economy, the USA will start a fairly preciptious slide into oblivion. One where inovation that was once a hallmark of American industry is now stymied. America will fall into disrepair and disunion resembling the economy of Moldovia.

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM

Last edited by tabs; 06-12-2012 at 11:53 AM..
Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Tabs unfortunately I saw your later post after I posted mine.....accellerant is the right word. He's only a catalyst for division and strife.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:18 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Faster in reverse.

I don't see how there can be suffering in the public sector. Haven't government jobs increased under his reign?

"Never break more than you can fix!" - SoCal Driver - We'll miss ya good buddy.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:22 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Federal govt...state and local are being laid off like flies because states and locals have to BALANCE BUDGETS.

How they fking cry, Fireman, Policeman and Teachers OHHH MY...Fireman, Policeman and Teachers OHHH MY.....

AS if we are really sacrificing something that we can not do without...

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER....YOU NEVER HEAR ABOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS BEING LAID OFF...the BUREAUCRATS getting the axe, it is always the poor schmuck on the frontlines that gets it. Meanwhile back at the Ranch the Bureaucracy justs keeps on keepin on sucking the people dry.

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 06-12-2012, 12:28 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Misunderstood User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cairns View Post
I actually don't. Rather than analysis it relies on opinion from such liberal stalwarts as Ezra Klein and the usual no names from Slate magazine. Do you really think that many # of jobs have been "added" because Ezra Klein says so??

I work for a government contractor who has to fill out the paperwork when jobs are "added". You basically win a government contract and the paperwork says "job created or saved". It's a joke- our employees are already employed. Then the government twists that around and uses it as propaganda. It's more meaningless paperwork- and a stupid purely political regulation that unnecessarily costs our company- and ultimately the taxpayers- more money. The statistics it measures are bull sh *t.

Like many others, our company isn't doing very well since Obama came into office. The President of our division was fired two weeks ago and hundreds have been terminated over the last two years. That's hundreds of friends and colleagues- in my company alone. I'm lucky I still work here.

You (and Ezra) should get out in the real world. Since Obama's been elected the average family has lost 40% of it's net worth (and that's a fact- not an Ezra Klein opinion), millions of people are out of work and the % of unemployed hasn't been higher since the great depression. Those are also facts- not opinions.

If things were half as rosy as Obama likes to claim he wouldn't be neck and neck in the polls with Romney and lying through his teeth in a selfish and all consuming effort to save his political hide.

I read this again - Ezra Klein didn't write the article - he was quoted and the quote is accurate. The article quoted others which is why I like the article - it seemed balanced. The article concludes the ecoomy isn't fine.

I saw the numbers today on the erosion of the American wealth. I, too, agree with Tabs on the 40 yr decline. I have stated it many times. Where Tabs goes wrong is he blames the politicians. It goes deeper than that. Everyone bought into this including you and me. We made money in the market, housing values increased. We blamed unions for the labor woes, we enjoyed cheap goods to keep our lifestyle. Yeah, I live in the real world. I moved and closed plants in the US and moved them to lower cost countries and locations. I have worked in the manufacturing world for over 40 yrs and I have seen allot.

No one cared about the other guy until............it afected you (me). And many scream as if they got hit with a 2X4.

If you look at the statistics of where the lost wealth is in the middle class, it's housing. When did that bubble burst? 20 yrs of wealth gains wiped out in 3 plus years. My 401K has never returned to it's value of 2000. I'm one of those angry guys who see a lost decade I have no time to recover. Early retirement is gone - noone is retiring. Seeing the same statistics, did you see the upper 10%'s wealth actually increased over the same time. Someone is making money.

You indicated you work for a government contractor. Are you not worried with the rumors of reduced governemnt spending, your job, your company are in jepordy? Isn't that what we all want? reduced government spending. You are probalby looking at waste and abuse. That is never going away. It is less painful to cut labor than actually taking a deep dive and eleiminate the waste and abuse and do the hard work.

1983 944n/a
2003 Mercedes CLK 500 - totaled. Sanwiched on the Kennedy Expressway
Old 06-12-2012, 01:15 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Why my articulation of the current malaise that we find ourselves in does not directly point the finger at the American people, it does not in anyway absolve them from responsibility. As can be seen in the following

The reason why the United States puts this Global economy at risk is that the United States government spends too much money with the indulgent thinking that we can afford it all without consequence. While on the other hand the United States is unwilling to pay for the largess it feels in its heart, so it creates deficit and debt. This self indulgent level of deficit and debt over time has now essentially bankrupted the system. The United States is now living on the fumes of an empty tank and will sooner than later will hit the wall..

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 06-12-2012, 01:49 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

When you start givin out Trophies for showin up and or comin in last...ya know you are trouble as a society.

Mostly my pointing the finger at the American people has been articulated by yelling at you Boyz...as a microcosm

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
quote von tabs:
Federal govt...state and local are being laid off like flies because states and locals have to BALANCE BUDGETS.

How they fking cry, Fireman, Policeman and Teachers OHHH MY...Fireman, Policeman and Teachers OHHH MY.....

AS if we are really sacrificing something that we can not do without...

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER....YOU NEVER HEAR ABOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS BEING LAID OFF...the BUREAUCRATS getting the axe, it is always the poor schmuck on the frontlines that gets it. Meanwhile back at the Ranch the Bureaucracy justs keeps on keepin on sucking the people dry.
thanks.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:08 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

jim you are right in many ways. I don't agree completely but will try to respond tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
St. Louis Cardinals fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
It's also the worst recession since the Great Depression, requiring new phrases to be created to describe it; such as the Great Recession or Depression II.

You charge Obama with the recovery, be thankful that there is one at all. If the R's were in charge it would be much, much worse. That I would wager good money on. But thankfully, we will never know for sure.
Nope that distinction belongs to James Earl Carter's stellar record -- Remember double digit inflation, unemployment and interest rates? This recession was never that bad, but this recovery pales to Reagan's recovery.

88 911 Carrera - Silver and Burgundy
Old 06-16-2012, 09:26 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: