Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Regenerated User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcecale View Post
It makes no sense at all. You completely contradict yourself in the same sentence.

Perhaps you should change the wording to something like, "We strive to not sin, but when we do sin..." That, my friend, would make sense.

Randy
I do not contradict myself. There is a difference between sinning and sin. A difference between practicing and a happening.

Quote:
1 John 2
English Standard Version (ESV)
Christ Our Advocate

2 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. 3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:43 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #161 (permalink)
Regenerated User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartj View Post
but in the long run, theres still time to change the road youre on....

Doug, Im having a little ROFL this morning....
There is still time to change the road you're on. It is you who changes, but it isn't you who does the changing, that is God. But the only one who bought our way to heaven was Christ alone. Plant & Page missed that point.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:49 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #162 (permalink)
I'm a Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72doug2,2S View Post
There is still time to change the road you're on. It is you who changes, but it isn't you who does the changing, that is God. But the only one who bought our way to heaven was Christ alone. Plant & Page missed that point.
It makes me wonder, Doug.

Pikkiwoki. A pig and all the coconuts you can carry. Convert now.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #163 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
pearls before swine
Old 06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #164 (permalink)
Regenerated User

Garage
Quote:
Wondering is good Stuart. You are thinking about this and that won't go, in case you don't know. Perhaps the Holy Spirit is calling you?
Old 06-21-2012, 04:12 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #165 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
There is still time to change the road you're on. It is you who changes, but it isn't you who does the changing, that is God.
Huh? Is your innate knowledge confused again?

Quote:
But the only one who bought our way to heaven was Christ alone. Plant & Page missed that point.
Not if you play it backwards, then it is that Sweet Satan guy.
22/29 torsions, 22/22 adjustable sways, Carrera brakes
Old 06-21-2012, 04:29 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #166 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Regenerated User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC View Post
Huh? Is your innate knowledge confused again?

Not if you play it backwards, then it is that Sweet Satan guy.
I thought it was "muehs my sweet sorgum neh, pfft pfft pfft "

General revelation is innate and not specific, it is knowledge without specifics. We all have it, though some repress it. General revelation is confused because there is not a clear understanding who God is.

When I say it is you that changes, it is. You are not the agent that made the change.

If I color your face blue, you are changed, but you didn't actually color your face blue, I did.

Last edited by 72doug2,2S; 06-21-2012 at 05:14 AM..
Old 06-21-2012, 05:11 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #167 (permalink)
I'm a Country Member

Quote:

General revelation is innate and not specific, it is knowledge without specifics. We all have it, though some repress it. General revelation is confused because there is not a clear understanding who God is.

When I say it is you that changes, it is. You are not the agent that made the change.

If I color your face blue, you are changed, but you didn't actually color your face blue, I did.
Thanks for clarifying Doug.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:22 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #168 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
thanks for clarifying doug.
lol.
22/29 torsions, 22/22 adjustable sways, Carrera brakes
Old 06-21-2012, 06:11 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #169 (permalink)
Regenerated User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWebb View Post
pearls before swine
How do you know who the swine are?
Old 06-21-2012, 06:17 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #170 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

What an incredibly hollow balloon you have created. You have built a world view that to you is immune to external validation/falsification although to educated outsiders is a ridiculous tautology. There is nothing that your magic man in the sky cannot do with magic and nothing that magic cannot explain despite the external lack of evidence or a validating logical framework for the very existence of magic. In fact, external validation refutes your entire world view as natural process push your magic into ever smaller gaps in scientific knowledge. Your solution to that? Cocoon yourself in ignorance to avoid the inevitable cognitive dissonance. This is the very same mind set that excuses child rape by priests as the immortal soul is more important than events in material life. You are sick.
1983 3.4L 911SC turbo, GT35R, flame ringed 8.5:1 JE's, MS3-MS3X sequential EFI, LS2(D585) CNP twin-plug ignition, full-bay intercooler, J&S Interceptor (twin 993 knock sensors/bridges), and working A/C. Another e85 corn panzer.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #171 (permalink)
Regenerated User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjf911 View Post
What an incredibly hollow balloon you have created. You have built a world view that to you is immune to external validation/falsification although to educated outsiders is a ridiculous tautology. There is nothing that your magic man in the sky cannot do with magic and nothing that magic cannot explain despite the external lack of evidence or a validating logical framework for the very existence of magic. In fact, external validation refutes your entire world view as natural process push your magic into ever smaller gaps in scientific knowledge. Your solution to that? Cocoon yourself in ignorance to avoid the inevitable cognitive dissonance. This is the very same mind set that excuses child rape by priests as the immortal soul is more important than events in material life. You are sick.
Steve, I know you think differently, but the intolerance you are displaying is quite bizarre. Child rape by priests, that is sick. I hope you don't think that just because someone abuses their power and misuses the public trust that the institution maligned is somehow sick.

Hitler loved Darwin and evolution. How else do you achieve the master race?

Old 06-21-2012, 10:35 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #172 (permalink)
I'm a Country Member

Quote:
Steve, I know you think differently, but the intolerance you are displaying is quite bizarre. Child rape by priests, that is sick. I hope you don't think that just because someone abuses their power and misuses the public trust that the institution maligned is somehow sick.

Hitler loved Darwin and evolution. How else do you achieve the master race?

....and then you go on to, again, try to draw some ridiculous conection between Charles Darwin and Hitler.

You breed a master race the same way you breed cattle, Doug.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:13 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #173 (permalink)

Doug, why do you waste your time with these idiots?
Old 06-21-2012, 05:36 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #174 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

good question, sammy.

PPOT: the sound of one hand clapping.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:40 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #175 (permalink)
Regenerated User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
Doug, why do you waste your time with these idiots?
I just want to see if they've learned anything new. I guess not.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #176 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjf911 View Post
this used to happen all the time -- it was called The Dark Ages
Old 06-21-2012, 09:28 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #177 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWebb View Post
this used to happen all the time -- it was called The Dark Ages
LOL! spot on.

PPOT: the sound of one hand clapping.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:02 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #178 (permalink)
Old 06-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: