Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic - Politics and Religion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 1.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

The Breitbart Crew has done the world a very valuable service in finding a 1991 biogr

The Breitbart Crew has done the world a very valuable service in finding a 1991 biography of Barack Obama from his literary agent claiming he was “born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.”

Our own Jeff Emanuel also pointed out a 2004 Associated Press article that began, “Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.” [Editor's note: James Taranto pinged me on Twitter that this "Kenyan-born" bit was an addition added by a local editor of a Kenyan paper.]

... Obama was born in Kenya...

But the Breitbart Crew has, only a few days after the Obama White House was caught editing the biographies of other Presidents on the White House website to insert Barack Obama into their Presidential legacies, done an invaluable service in highlighting two very important issues.

First, as someone who has written a book, I find Barack Obama’s literary agent’s explanation not very credible. The literary agent explains, “This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii.”

It was a fact checking error based on . . . no facts? Barack Obama never gave any information . . . suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii? Well where the hell did this very huge extrapolation come from? It’s like the virgin birth of a legend — some lady and God alone were involved.

That’s laughable. Miriam Goderich had to have gotten the idea from somewhere. But what is more laughable is that Barack Obama did not know and did not approve. When I wrote my book, I had to approve my biography multiple times. But more damning, this biography went to the press in 1991 and it circulated for more than a decade.

Even the Associated Press picked it up and I cannot find anywhere suggesting Barack Obama tried to have the AP correct its reporting.

The point is not that Barack Obama was born in Kenya...
Old 06-13-2012, 04:22 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
St. Louis Cardinals fan

Our Dear Leader B. Hussein Obama is the 1st Birther. When is the White House Press Corps going to ask him about this? When is Wolf Blitzer going to verbally abuse him in an interview? Will the White House repudiate the President?

88 911 Carrera - Silver and Burgundy
Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Pure Awesomeness

Garage
At the time it probably sounded cool to pretend he was born in Kenya. Sells more books that way.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:14 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by szyzygy View Post
At the time it probably sounded cool to pretend he was born in Kenya. Sells more books that way.
so once again you are ok with his lying.

Gene Simmons on voting for Obama
"I want my vote back"
I was wrong again but I will not apologize, I am a little man, Mike/satman
Old 06-13-2012, 08:16 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
St. Louis Cardinals fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyGon View Post
so once again you are ok with his lying.
Lying -- Which time? When?

88 911 Carrera - Silver and Burgundy
Old 06-13-2012, 08:24 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWebb View Post
The Breitbart Crew has done the world a very valuable service in finding a 1991 biography of Barack Obama from his literary agent claiming he was “born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.”

Our own Jeff Emanuel also pointed out a 2004 Associated Press article that began, “Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.” [Editor's note: James Taranto pinged me on Twitter that this "Kenyan-born" bit was an addition added by a local editor of a Kenyan paper.]

... Obama was born in Kenya...

But the Breitbart Crew has, only a few days after the Obama White House was caught editing the biographies of other Presidents on the White House website to insert Barack Obama into their Presidential legacies, done an invaluable service in highlighting two very important issues.

First, as someone who has written a book, I find Barack Obama’s literary agent’s explanation not very credible. The literary agent explains, “This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii.”

It was a fact checking error based on . . . no facts? Barack Obama never gave any information . . . suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii? Well where the hell did this very huge extrapolation come from? It’s like the virgin birth of a legend — some lady and God alone were involved.

That’s laughable. Miriam Goderich had to have gotten the idea from somewhere. But what is more laughable is that Barack Obama did not know and did not approve. When I wrote my book, I had to approve my biography multiple times. But more damning, this biography went to the press in 1991 and it circulated for more than a decade.

Even the Associated Press picked it up and I cannot find anywhere suggesting Barack Obama tried to have the AP correct its reporting.

The point is not that Barack Obama was born in Kenya...
I've learned that what you are willing to believe of what President Obama pays people to tell you about himself can make you a hateful, anti-American, racist, hypocrit, so be careful discussing this stuff.

Advocating for more government authority is a right-wing ideal.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:53 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!
canna change law physics

Garage
That is a report on an article on the Brietbart site. What is missing is that the Brietbart article is not about him being bornin Kenya, but that Obama will change the story of his life to suit his needs.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:46 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Old 06-15-2012, 12:46 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: